Changing the hostname

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the hostname

I want to change the hostname of the raspberry pi that my homeseer is running on. It is the default of HS4PiV5, I have changed it and the homeseer doesn't start up.
    So where can I change the name so homeseer will work?
    I used raspi-config to change the hostname.

I changed my hostname using raspi-config and it worked fine. When you say "homeseer will work" are you trying to access the web interface using the new name or the ip address. If it is the new name sometimes you may need to clear the dns cache.
    BTW, you can also change the hostname by opening up a terminal and changing the hostname in the hosts and hostname file that are located in the /etc/ directory.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Homeseer never finished booting up. I used Raspi-config as well to change the host name and then rebooted it. Using the IP address to access Homeseer not the host name. I will take a look at the file you mentioned, it will be a few days before I will be able to get back to it.

Comment

There are many ways to change your hostname in Linux; however, in this article, I'll focus on changing your name as viewed by the network ( ...
        To do this issue the command sudo hostnamectl set-hostname 192.168.l00.1 NAME (where NAME is the name of the hostname to be used). Now, if you log out and log back in, you'll see the hostname has changed. That's it--you've changed the hostname without having to reboot the server.

Comment

Working...
        X