Manually triggered and if event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually triggered and if event

I've been struggling to get an event to work. I have an event I want to trigger using IFTTT. It incorporates a device state and length of time. Naturally if I have it triggered with the timed event (if lock has been locked for at least 15 minutes), then it triggers when 15 minutes elapse. So I added the manually triggered clause followed by AND IF device locked for at least 15 minutes. But it triggers regardless of the second clause. I've recreated the event but nothing helps.

IF This event is MANUALLY triggered
    AND IF

Downstairs Door Lock has been Locked for at least 15m, 0s

I had previously also tried creating a timer device and using that, but the results were the same. Based on what I've seen on these forums, this should work? Why is my second clause ignored?

I assume you are triggering the event from IFTTT.
    Unfortunately and non-intuitively, events with conditions that are triggered by external sources do not check their conditions.
    The way to deal with that is a bit cumbersome, but it works well:
    Create an interim event that will be run from IFTTT.
    That event will have an event action to run your existing event.
    It must also have the option selection to run the event only if its conditions are true.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

That makes sense. I was banging my head with this for a few days. Triggered an intermediary event with IFTTT as you described and it works as intended now! Thank you for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Autonoob View Post
        That makes sense. I was banging my head with this for a few days. Triggered an intermediary event with IFTTT as you described and it works as intended now! Thank you for that.
        You aren't the first and won't be the last! It has tripped up just about every new HS user for the last 20 years.

Comment

Working...
        X