Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KLAZ
    replied
    ok. I tried starting from scratch and it still didn't work but getting a different error now.

Here are the steps I took and screen shots in order of execution.
    • I deleted all the backups I had created on the HS4 system
    • I deleted all the backups I had created on my iMac of the HS3 system
    • I did a backup of the HS4 system using Backup Now under Tools on the HS4 web interface.
      • Here is there contents of the backups directory after that.

• I did a backup of the HS3 system using Backup Config under Tools / General on the HS3 web interface.
    That file went to my downloads folder on my iMac as a folder called "HomeSeerBackup_1_10_22-13_8" and inside that folder are "scripts.zip", "html.zip", "Data.zip", and "Config zip".
    I zipped those 4 files using the same naming convention as the HS4 backups above, only changing the timestamp. The HS3 filename did not contain the 3rd set of digits (I assumed these are seconds) so I renamed that zip to "1_10_2022-01_08_30.zip"

Here is there contents of the HS3 file on the iMac after that.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HS3 baclup on iMac.png Views:	0 Size:	85.0 KB ID:	1519785
    • On the HS4 web interface, I then went to Tools / Backup/Restore / Local Restore / selected Upload Backup.
    • I selected the HS3 backup file on my iMac "1_10_2022-01_08_30.zip" and hit execute. It took a minute or so and counted up to 35MB as it loaded
    • Here is there contents of the HS4 backups directory after that.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	backups folder after upload of HS3 backup  .png Views:	0 Size:	118.3 KB ID:	1519786
    • At this point, the files from 12:59 pm are the HS4 backups and the filers from 1:24 pm (13:24) are the uploaded HS3 files
    • On the HS4 web interface, I then went to Tools / Backup/Restore / Local Restore / selected Date of "Jan 10"
    • I was given the following backups to select from:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Restore data file options.png Views:	0 Size:	108.9 KB ID:	1519787
    • I selected the 1:24 PM backup and hit Execute. I now get the following error.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Restore data error.png Views:	0 Size:	125.5 KB ID:	1519788

And here is the contents of the RestoreConfig. (which never existed before)

Click image for larger version  Name:	contents of RestoreConfig folder after restore error.png Views:	0 Size:	147.7 KB ID:	1519789

I am at a loss.. I know it's operator error somewhere on my part but this is driving me nuts.

Is the HS4 restore only meant for HS4 backup files and it can't handle the HS3 zip file because its content is somehow different?

Does it have to do with the way I did the HS3 backup? (using Backup Config under Tools / General on the HS3 web interface)

Was adding the last set of 2 digits in the HS3 zip file name somehow causing this?

Is it some a Z-Wave interface issue?

I've sent an email to "support@homeseer.com" 5 days ago and have heard nothing.

Again, thanks in advance for any help. 🙏
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    From the Linux tools menu, or the command line, can you:

sudo mkdir /usr/local/HomeSeer/RestoreConfig
    sudo cp /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/backups/HomeSeerBackup_1_9_2022-HH_MM.zip /usr/local/HomeSeer/RestoreConfig

replace the HH with the hour and MM with the minutes from the backup in the html/backups folder

Leave a comment:

• KLAZ
    replied
    Again, the issue seems to be that my HS3 .zip file is backed up to: homeseer@HTPiHubG2V3://usr/local/HomeSeer/html/backups/

I just did a new HS3 backup upload and can see the file in that directory with a timestamp of Jan 9th at 11:34.

When I select that file in the restore and run execute, I get the following error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 8.01.05 PM.png
Views:	219
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	1519478

There problem is there is no such folder called RestoreConfig...

/usr/local/HomeSeer/RestoreConfig

Why is it trying to restore from there?

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• KLAZ
    replied
    Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

Not sure if you're copy/pasting the filenames found but the lower-case 'b' in Backup is different than the filename in the screenshots above.

e.g. the error message is looking for HomeSeerBackup and your find command returned HomeSeerbackup

reasonjr,

That was a typo on my part. The backup files name on the Pi device does a capital 'B'
    HomeSeerBackup_1_3_2022-19-53.zip
    HomeSeerBackup_1_3_2022-19-53.json

Leave a comment:

• KLAZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    Are you using these backup/restore procedures?
    https://docs.homeseer.com/pages/view...ageId=17466488

Sorry, back at this after getting my *** kicked for a few days from the Covid booster shot.

Rupp, Yes....I am using the restore procedure in the link you supplied.

For future reference, once I get this figured out, when you run the HS4 backup to the default location, where is the default location and what is there file names called?

Leave a comment:

• concordseer
    replied
    He’s located the backup file Data.zip now. Just supply the correct path when requested.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Originally posted by KLAZ View Post
    Concordeer. Thanks..

When running that command from the Unix tool tab on HS4, it finds the file but does not give the full path.

running command find ./ -name Data.zip

./html/backups/Data.zip

I was able to log into the Pi device directly with a monitor and locate the file.

It's in:

homeseer@HTPiHubG2V3://usr/local/HomeSeer/html/backups/

In that directory, I have the following:

HomeSeerbackup_1_3_2022-19-53.zip
    HomeSeerbackup_1_3_2022-19-53.json

Not sure if you're copy/pasting the filenames found but the lower-case 'b' in Backup is different than the filename in the screenshots above.

e.g. the error message is looking for HomeSeerBackup and your find command returned HomeSeerbackup

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Are you using these backup/restore procedures?
    https://docs.homeseer.com/pages/view...ageId=17466488

Leave a comment:

• KLAZ
    replied
    Concordeer. Thanks..

When running that command from the Unix tool tab on HS4, it finds the file but does not give the full path.

running command find ./ -name Data.zip

./html/backups/Data.zip

I was able to log into the Pi device directly with a monitor and locate the file.

It's in:

homeseer@HTPiHubG2V3://usr/local/HomeSeer/html/backups/

In that directory, I have the following:

HomeSeerbackup_1_3_2022-19-53.zip
    HomeSeerbackup_1_3_2022-19-53.json

1_4_2022-9-1_18_33..zip
    1_4_2022-9-1_18_33.json

scripts.zip
    scripts.json

Config.zip
    Config.json

Data.zip
    Data.json

They all have the following permissions. -rw-r--r--

So now what ?

The backup from HS3 produced the zip file containing 4 files:
    scripts.zip
    html.zip
    Data.zip
    Config.zip

How do I now get HS4 to rebuild and use these files (not sure which ones and what they each contain or are used for)
    so my devices and events from my old system are used by HS4?

And going forward, what is the directory that HS4 should be backing up to when doing the backup via the web interface?

Thanks..

Leave a comment:

• concordseer
    replied
    You need to locate the backup zip file and clearly it’s not located in the folder name you are supplying. Use the Linux find command to locate the correct path to folder. Something like this, just copy paste this.

find ./ -name Data.zip

If nothing shows up your Data.zip file has not been created

Leave a comment:

• Moving HS3 Zee S2 data to new HomeTroller Pi G2 Hub (HS4-Pi) – Not Solved ☹

This issue is not solved ☹

I am trying to - copy my HS3 devices, events, etc. into a brand new HS4 Pi Hub.

I have been running an HS3 ZEE for years with no issues. I tried to upgrade to HS4 but after numerous failed attempts,
    I just bought a new HS4 Pi Hub G2 Lite Edition 4.2.7.0 (Linux)

I registered the new license and I can access and run both the HS3 and HS4 web interfaces via my home iMac (I do not have a windows PC)
    Obviously the HS4 contains no devices or events events.

I backed up the HS3 and that zip file (HomeSeerBackup_1_2_2022-19_53.zip) is sitting in my downloads folder on my iMac and is about 35MB.
    The 4 files in that zip can also be seen in the pics.

However,I can't get the HS4 to restore to my HS3 data.

I ran the local restore on the HS$ and selected Upload Backup. I selected the zip file from above and it seemed go load. Took about 5 minutes.
    When it completed, I selected the file (via radio button timestamp) and then hit the Execute button.
    It seemed to run for a few seconds then came back with the error

"An error occurred while prepping for the restore: Error unzipping backup file: Could not find file "/usr/local/HomeSeer/RestoreConfig/Data.zip"

I then changed the "Save To" location from default to /usr/local/HomeSeer/RestoreConfig - (stupidly 🤔) thinking this may have been the issue.

Did the upload again and then got this message.

"An error occured while preping for the restore: Error unzipping backup file:
    Could not find file "/usr/local/HomeSeer/RestoreConfig/Data.zip"

I am UNiX illiterate 😀 so anything to do with logging into the Pi Hub itself (would have no idea how to) and running comands may be futile.

Some posts have have said their restores from an HS3 zip to a brand new HS4 system seemed to work fine.
    I'm at a loss as to why it's not working.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 🙏

Old System

Current Date/Time: 1/4/2022 8:56:46 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.551
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V7 4.9.35-v7+ #1014 SMP Fri Jun 30 14:47:43 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 1 Hour 34 Minutes 14 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.x.xxx
    Number of Devices: 53
    Number of Events: 22
    Available Threads: 399
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
    1.2020.705.1301: MyQ
    3.0.9.0: Z-Wave

New System

Date/time=1/4/2022 8:32:36 PM CST
    Version=HomeSeer HS4 Pi Hub G2 Lite Edition 4.2.7.0 (Linux)
    MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.122 (tarball Mon Feb 22 17:44:05 UTC 2021)

License=Registered
    License ID=XXXXXXX
    MyHS Subscription=Basic
    MyHS Subscription Backup Interval=No Backup
    MyHS Subscription Max Cameras=1
    Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
    Uptime=0 Days 0 Hours 9 Minutes 32 Seconds
    User/Access=xxxxxxxxxx (Admin)
    Lan IP=192.xxx.xxx.xxx (HTPiHubG2v3)
    Client IP=192.xxx.xxx.xxx (192.xxx.xxx.xxx)
    WAN IP=xx.xxx.xx.xx ()
    Device Count=2
    Event Count=1
    Last Event Ran=, Ran at 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM
    # of unique event scripts=0
    Plugins Enabled=Z-Wave:,Z-Wave UI:
    Modules/Threads=77 Modules, 43 Threads
    Available Threads=399
    HomeSeer Memory Used=76 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed=Z-Wave 3.0.9.0,Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0
    Disk Size=28.33GB
    Attached Files