The First Z-Wave 800 Controller.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The First Z-Wave 800 Controller.

This is the first Z-Wave 800 Pi 4 interface. The library is still 7.17 beta. We use the chip ZGM230S secure vault.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 2.24.30 PM.png
Views:	1092
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	1521608

How is the range so far?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

So this will be in the next batch of Z-Nets?

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        How is the range so far?
        The range is the same as Z-Wave 700. I use the external antenna. There is about 1500 meters.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
          So this will be in the next batch of Z-Nets?
          I can make this little board for Z-Net if there is demand. Maybe I could do that for HomeSeer if they want. The Z-Wave 800 support ARM PSA level 3 security, better range, and save battery life and most importantly, it can be world frequency. you could change the region by yourself if you use external antenna. The transmission power is 14 dBm

Comment

Let's see first if they fixed the lockup bug in their firmware where they listen before they transmit that rjh has been having conniptions with!

Comment

Works on Z-NET:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 7.09.41 PM.png
Views:	1015
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	1521856

Comment

We will be moving to the 800 series once the chips are readily available. Right now its really hard to get any Z-Wave chips. Lead times are 56 weeks.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  We will be moving to the 800 series once the chips are readily available. Right now its really hard to get any Z-Wave chips. Lead times are 56 weeks.
                  Great!
                  ZGM230S lead time is 40 weeks, but EFR32ZG23 only has 6 weeks.

Comment

Did I jump the gun when I bought HS' 700 series z-wave stick just a few months ago? I am not really concerned about range but future support of the 700 series controller. Or will whatever goes into the 800 z-wave plugin and whatever is underneath also apply to the 700 (except of course when the 700 HS doesn't support what the 800 does).

And why is the 800 coming out so soon after the 700? I believe there was a much bigger time gap between the 500 and 700. Was there some issue with the 700 so they pushed out the 800?

Comment

No, most of the changes with the 800 are for end devices, not controllers. So you probably won't see a difference between the 2. The biggest change is that the 800 has more flash memory for more complex end devices. The controller firmware is not that large so more flash is not needed there. The firmware for the controller looks like the 700 and 800 use the same code so the 700 should be supported just as long as the 800.

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                      Did I jump the gun when I bought HS' 700 series z-wave stick just a few months ago? I am not really concerned about range but future support of the 700 series controller. Or will whatever goes into the 800 z-wave plugin and whatever is underneath also apply to the 700 (except of course when the 700 HS doesn't support what the 800 does).

And why is the 800 coming out so soon after the 700? I believe there was a much bigger time gap between the 500 and 700. Was there some issue with the 700 so they pushed out the 800?

Comment

rjh That is encouraging. Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post

I tested Z-Wave 800 for about 20 days, So far there is no that issue.

Comment

News?

Comment

There is absolutely no difference in operation between the 700 and 800 series chips in regards to a controller. So, we won't be moving to the 800 series until we are out of inventory of the 700 series. The code that runs on the 800 is the same exact code that runs on the 700 so you won't notice any changes. The only real difference between the two is that the 800 series uses a different technology for manufacturing. This allows Silicon Labs to use the same technology for all their products.

Comment

Working...
                              X