Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcaloide
    replied
    Indeed, my main concern about 800 series was about the LR feature. Ok, thanks for you answer.

Leave a comment:

• John245
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    It is planned. We are working on implementing a totally new implementation of Z-Wave and LR will be part of that. LR will probably not be in the first release, but it will be added. We hope to start testing a few weeks.

That means a native HS4 plugin? That would be great.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    It is planned. We are working on implementing a totally new implementation of Z-Wave and LR will be part of that. LR will probably not be in the first release, but it will be added. We hope to start testing a few weeks.

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
    rjh when is HST going to support Z-wave LR?? As you should be aware, companies like Zooz already make controllers that are LR capable, but they've gone on record saying that unless the home automation platform/software supports LR, then the consumers cannot take advantage of products that are LR capable. LR has been around since the 700-series chips were released.

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    rjh when is HST going to support Z-wave LR?? As you should be aware, companies like Zooz already make controllers that are LR capable, but they've gone on record saying that unless the home automation platform/software supports LR, then the consumers cannot take advantage of products that are LR capable. LR has been around since the 700-series chips were released.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    There is absolutely no difference in operation between the 700 and 800 series chips in regards to a controller. So, we won't be moving to the 800 series until we are out of inventory of the 700 series. The code that runs on the 800 is the same exact code that runs on the 700 so you won't notice any changes. The only real difference between the two is that the 800 series uses a different technology for manufacturing. This allows Silicon Labs to use the same technology for all their products.

Leave a comment:

• Alcaloide
    replied
    News?

Leave a comment:

• PFL
    replied
    Originally posted by mulu View Post
    Did I jump the gun when I bought HS' 700 series z-wave stick just a few months ago? I am not really concerned about range but future support of the 700 series controller. Or will whatever goes into the 800 z-wave plugin and whatever is underneath also apply to the 700 (except of course when the 700 HS doesn't support what the 800 does).

And why is the 800 coming out so soon after the 700? I believe there was a much bigger time gap between the 500 and 700. Was there some issue with the 700 so they pushed out the 800?
    I tested Z-Wave 800 for about 20 days, So far there is no that issue.

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    rjh That is encouraging. Thanks for the clarification!

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    No, most of the changes with the 800 are for end devices, not controllers. So you probably won't see a difference between the 2. The biggest change is that the 800 has more flash memory for more complex end devices. The controller firmware is not that large so more flash is not needed there. The firmware for the controller looks like the 700 and 800 use the same code so the 700 should be supported just as long as the 800.

Originally posted by mulu View Post
    Did I jump the gun when I bought HS' 700 series z-wave stick just a few months ago? I am not really concerned about range but future support of the 700 series controller. Or will whatever goes into the 800 z-wave plugin and whatever is underneath also apply to the 700 (except of course when the 700 HS doesn't support what the 800 does).

And why is the 800 coming out so soon after the 700? I believe there was a much bigger time gap between the 500 and 700. Was there some issue with the 700 so they pushed out the 800?

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PFL
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    We will be moving to the 800 series once the chips are readily available. Right now its really hard to get any Z-Wave chips. Lead times are 56 weeks.
    Great!
    ZGM230S lead time is 40 weeks, but EFR32ZG23 only has 6 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    We will be moving to the 800 series once the chips are readily available. Right now its really hard to get any Z-Wave chips. Lead times are 56 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• PFL
    replied
    Works on Z-NET:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 7.09.41 PM.png
Views:	1004
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	1521856

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    Let's see first if they fixed the lockup bug in their firmware where they listen before they transmit that rjh has been having conniptions with!

Leave a comment:

• PFL
    replied
    Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
    So this will be in the next batch of Z-Nets?
    I can make this little board for Z-Net if there is demand. Maybe I could do that for HomeSeer if they want. The Z-Wave 800 support ARM PSA level 3 security, better range, and save battery life and most importantly, it can be world frequency. you could change the region by yourself if you use external antenna. The transmission power is 14 dBm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X