Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enabling WiFi on Raspberry Pi

Hi,

New to this, but not to RPi (this will be my third RPi device). Got a Homeseer server going using hardwired ethernet. Have configured WiFi in the HS4 Settings/Network but that doesn't seem to make WiFi work.

This post

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...nd-wifi-set-up

discusses using rasp-config to enable wifi in the OS, that's fine - I can do that - but how do I get to the command line? If I go to Linux Tools, enter root user and pw, then run "sudo raspi-config" the screen tells me it's running, but I don't see it.

How do I get to the OS's configuration behind the HS interface?

Thanks,

Todd

You need to use an ssh client to connect to the RPi. If you are on Windows or Mac, open a command prompt or terminal and type ssh root@pi_ip_address and enter the root password. From there you can run raspi-config and then reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
      You need to use an ssh client to connect to the RPi. If you are on Windows or Mac, open a command prompt or terminal and type ssh root@pi_ip_address and enter the root password. From there you can run raspi-config and then reboot.
      Would now be the appropriate time to say "duuuhhhh" and thank you for being so good at pointing out the obvious?

That worked perfectly, of course. Combined with an ifconfig to identify the IP of the device and we're good!

Comment

Originally posted by tmaddison View Post

Would now be the appropriate time to say "duuuhhhh" and thank you for being so good at pointing out the obvious?

That worked perfectly, of course. Combined with an ifconfig to identify the IP of the device and we're good!
        No worries. What's that saying? "Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees".

Comment

Working...
        X