Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is "Legacy-plugin" for Z-wave?

Hi All,
    I just (finally) upgraded to HS4 on my Hometroller Zee S2 (after ditching the last of my ancient X-10 devices).

I've been having some (incomplete) pairing issues with a new Aeotec Siren 6 and noticed in my Log screen, that everything Z-wave related is referred to as "Legacy-plugin".
    Is that normal for HS4?
    My system info is as follows - does anything seem out of the ordinary??
    Thanks in advice.

-------------------------------------------------------

Date/time=4/28/2022 4:04:58 PM EDT
    Version=HomeSeer HS4 ZEE S2 (Upg from HS3ZS2) Edition 4.2.11.0 (Linux)
    MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 5.16.0.179 (tarball Thu Oct 4 13:39:39 UTC 2018)

License=Registered
    Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
    Uptime=0 Days 14 Hours 58 Minutes 55 Seconds
    Lan IP=192.168.15.10 (HomeTrollerZeeS2V5)
    Device Count=256
    Event Count=236
    Plugins Enabled=EasyTrigger:,EnvCan:,Z-Wave:
    Modules/Threads=85 Modules, 77 Threads
    Available Threads=399
    HomeSeer Memory Used=103 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed=EasyTrigger 3.0.0.74,EnvCan 3.0.0.25,Z-Wave 3.0.10.0
    Disk Size=28.97GB

There hasn't yet been a complete rewrite of the Z-Wave plugin for HS4 so you use the "Legacy" plugin which is still a HS3 centric plugin. I'd recommend using the core Z-Wave plugin and forgo the Z-Wave UI as it's just a confusing wrapper around the Z-Wave plugin.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      There hasn't yet been a complete rewrite of the Z-Wave plugin for HS4 so you use the "Legacy" plugin which is still a HS3 centric plugin. I'd recommend using the core Z-Wave plugin and forgo the Z-Wave UI as it's just a confusing wrapper around the Z-Wave plugin.
      Ahh, that might be my problem as the Aeotec support gent is using this Core one - where would I find that?
      Please and thank you.

Comment

Go to Plugins > Add and search for Z-Wave.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks, I just did and the one it returned Z-wave Core, showed the same version that I have installed along with the option to "Re-Install", which suggests that's what the Zee S2 has, just doesn't use the word "Core".
          Guess I have to wait on the HS4 version for things to improve.

Comment

Working...
          X