Lost events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost events

Recently lost internet connection due to ISP issue. During that time noticed that the unit time was off by 6 hours. Reconnecting to the PC via browser didn't reset time as the previous unit did. After ISP issue resolved, noticed unit rebooting without prompting vis interface. When lights did not cycle as expected found that the HS4-Pi unit lost all events. It has also rebooted several times on its own. Unit was installed January 2022. After updating software, recreated one event and it worked as scheduled.

Now before I recreate all the events, I am wondering whether I need to replace the unit or not. Thoughts?

Cheers

This can happen if the unit suddenly has the power cut and can corrupt the SD card. I'd recommend putting the hardware on a UPS and run a backup daily. Are you by any chance using the cloud backup provided by a myHS premium account as you could recover your data. If not you can use the auto backup feature of HS4 and then copy the backup to another PC to prevent a total loss in the future.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Well the unit is on a UPS. The interrupts are random. Have added a new event since initial problem which survived several reboots, but not all. Unit does not have an SD card plugged in, and has never had one. Opted to shutdown system as I suspect the issue is hardware.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Are you running a self build unit or one of the HT Pi units from HST?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by KenOHenderson View Post
          Well the unit is on a UPS. The interrupts are random. Have added a new event since initial problem which survived several reboots, but not all. Unit does not have an SD card plugged in, and has never had one. Opted to shutdown system as I suspect the issue is hardware.

Thanks for the response.
          It does have an SD card, it's just buried inside the case, directly attached to the circuit board.

Comment

Working...
          X