Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

create scenes and get their status

hi all,

I currently run my house with zooz dimmers and keypad and hubitat. I have about 40 devices and probably as many events/scene/programs.
    I found many irritant to the point where I bought a homeseer-PI hub to test it out.

I would appreciate guidance as I have been looking around in the HS UI and miserably failed at doing pretty much anything, other than adding 2 dimmers and one keypad (zen32)

first, how do I do a 3 way? if a dimmer is set at 50%, the other dimmer goes to 50%. (without doing direct association, group 2 and group 3 thing)

then, I have 7 keypad (zen32) in my house. like this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4409.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.7 KB ID:	1546380

pressing a button is a trigger which activate a scene
    "film" is movie. turns off all light on the main floor except living room and kitchen that are set at 10%
    2e on is second floor on. turns on all lights on the second floor.
    2e off is second floor off. turns off all lights on the second floor.
    "sous-sol" is basement. same idea as the second floor.

as you can see, only "sous-sol off" led is on. that means that all light in the basement are currently off. and on the second floor, both leds are off. so some lights are on and some are off

I can't find how to do scenes.

so if anyone could aim me in the right direction, it would be really appreciated.

all I managed to do so far is this:
    both lights work. I would have expect to see the 5 buttons of the keypad. like here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...-z-wave-scenes but seems like it not there.
    so yeah. total newbie here.

thanks for providing guidance guys Click image for larger version  Name:	hs2.png Views:	0 Size:	58.4 KB ID:	1546383
    Attached Files

Try SceneMaster plug-in with no obligation to buy it and remove it if doesn't make sense...

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Do you mind if I ask how you labeled your Zen32? It looks very professional. Thanks

Comment

The zen32 doesn't create child device buttons like the Eaton RFWC5AW 5 button scene controller does. There are 11 groups you can assign scenes too using your zwave > manage associations. the instruction sheet that came with the switch explains what each group is for. The central scenes will also appear in the events device list. You can just use events to perform your scene actions. Each central key has 7 values; 1-5 presses, held down and released. Again the instructions will tell you which physical button corresponds to which central scene.

I'm using HS4 with Zwave 4.0.0.0 beta. clicking the zwave plugin, there is a menu option for manage associations. Unless I'm mistaken this has taken the place of HS3's scene management. Pick your switch from the list, choose 'add' then pick the group you want to work on. you'll then see a list of your devices you can add. click anywhere on the page to get the list to go away and click 'continue'
        HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
        Number of Devices: 1005
        Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by ndamico View Post
          Do you mind if I ask how you labeled your Zen32? It looks very professional. Thanks
          ME TOO!!
          Those labels look amazing! Would love to be able to do that here

Comment

Originally posted by ndamico View Post
            I don't know what Gonzo007 used but I use a Brother P-touch with clear tape. You have to cut the label down to size for the button but the tape virtually disappears once you apply the label to the button.

Comment

Originally posted by kennesaw10 View Post

I don't know what Gonzo007 used but I use a Brother P-touch with clear tape. You have to cut the label down to size for the button but the tape virtually disappears once you apply the label to the button.
              Thanks for that. I was going to order a clear cassette but was wondering if it would work. Off to order it now.
              "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
              X