Best practices for new install of HS4 on pi4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best practices for new install of HS4 on pi4

Hi, I'm wondering what is considered to be the best practice for installing HS4 on a new pi4 system? I don't currently have a pi3 on hand to stage with, so the closest I can find published is the old instructions here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...taller-package
    These instructions throw some errors/fail on current pi releases (Raspberry PI OS 11/bullseye).
    1. 'wiringpi' package doesn't install (is deprecated as of PI OS 11). I think this is just for led lights for homeseer so I don't think this matters.
    2. 'libttspico-utils' doesn't install (don't think this matters either unless I were to use voice recognition).
    3. mono doesn't install without writing codename=buster into 01settings
    4. Most importantly, the makefile fetches the linux standard edition (version 4.2.12) even though it's being run from a pi4. This runs but doesn't give me the zwave plugins or work with my new hs4-pi license. As a workaround I tar'ed up /usr/local/HomeSeer from the pi4 flash card distribution (which is version 4.1.18) and installed that instead of the standard edition, and this seems to work.
    This would seem to put me well into unchartered territory yet the pi4 and Raspberry pi os 11 are not bleeding edge pi configurations. The official raspberry pi package won't even boot on a pi4. Any newer pi support that I'm missing?
    Last edited by cole; May 20, 2022, 10:36 AM. Reason: typo
Working...
X