Creating scripts for the Pi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating scripts for the Pi?

Can someone post the format of a working script that the Pi runs? I get error's like no namespace, no end class, when the script has only a sub main() ... end sub

Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Code:
    sub Main()

hs.speak "Hello"

end sub
    6/23/2022 7:41:49 PM HomeSeer Error Compiling script (1)Good_Morning.vb: 'End Namespace' must be preceded by a matching 'Namespace'.
    6/23/2022 7:41:49 PM HomeSeer Error Compiling script (1)Good_Morning.vb: Identifier expected.
    6/23/2022 7:41:49 PM HomeSeer Error Compiling script (1)Good_Morning.vb: Expected 'Class'.
    6/23/2022 7:41:49 PM HomeSeer Error Compiling script (1)Good_Morning.vb: Expected 'End'.
    6/23/2022 7:41:49 PM HomeSeer Error Compiling script (1)Good_Morning.vb: End of statement expected.
    6/23/2022 7:41:48 PM HomeSeer Event Running script in background (Speak Current Weather): Good_Morning.vb("sub Main()")

-Skybolt

There are two flavors of VB, VBScript and VB.Net. Both will work on Windows platforms, but only VB.Net run under HS-Linux.

The VB.Net version of what you posted is similar,

Code:
    Sub Main(p As Object)

hs.Speak("Hello")

End Sub

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
      There are two flavors of VB, VBScript and VB.Net. Both will work on Windows platforms, but only VB.Net run under HS-Linux.

The VB.Net version of what you posted is similar,

Code:
      Sub Main(p As Object)

hs.Speak("Hello")

End Sub
      Thank you! I did not think the calling parameter was needed and didn't try that. I should have known better about the paren's
      Thanks again.
      -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
      X