Schlage Locks with HomeSeer HS4 Pi Hub G3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage Locks with HomeSeer HS4 Pi Hub G3

I am new to the Homeseer Family and home automation. Recently purchased a HS4 Pi to begin automating some of the functions in my house. First is to manage my door locks. I have the Schlage BE469ZP locks with Firmware Version 0.10.9. My HomeSeer is a HS4 Pi Hub G3 Version 4.2.16.0. To install the lock on the HS I do Devices -> Add New Device -> Z Wave. I press the inclusion button on the lock. When prompted, I enter the 5 digit DSK code for the lock. The lock is discovered, but not detected as a lock. It seems to be just a generic Z Wave device with no function. What are the additional steps required to make this work? Thanks

Is there an option to add the lock non-secure?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

There is no option to add the lock Non-Secure

Comment

Are there any errors logged when you attempted to add the lock? How far from your Z-Wave interface was the lock when you attempted to add it? I'd recommend putting in a support ticket on this issue as well.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the ideas Rupp. Yes, I does seem like there are some errors (log below). I have tried this now on two identical locks with the same result. One had firmware 0.10.9, the other 0.11.0. The locks are learned as a "Sigma Entry Control" and have no functions. I also have some graber z-wave blinds do not connect either. They are not even detected with I put them in to inclusion mode. I have moved the Homeseer right next to the door, about 1m away, and no change in results. Could it be a z-wave module failure on the Pi?"

Thanks

10/27/2022 4:10:42 PM Plugin Debug GetDeviceWithFeaturesByRef - devRef : 35 - found Sigma Entry Control
          10/27/2022 4:10:42 PM Plugin Debug GetDeviceWithFeaturesByRef - devRef : 35
          10/27/2022 4:10:35 PM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Node 5 Z-Wave Sigma Entry Control supports having its date/time set. Current TimeZone is MDT with a UTC offset of -6h, 0m and a Current UTC time of 10/27/2022 10:10 PM
          10/27/2022 4:10:32 PM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Node 5 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
          10/27/2022 4:10:32 PM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Node: 5 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, SECURITY, SECURITY_2, TRANSPORT_SERVICE_V2, SUPERVISION, TIME_V2, APPLICATION_STATUS
          10/27/2022 4:10:32 PM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Warning If this is an import, you may need to remove and add the device as some devices cannot be added with an import.
          10/27/2022 4:10:32 PM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Warning Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 5. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
          10/27/2022 4:10:32 PM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Error Z-Wave was unable to negotiate a compatible security scheme with node 5
          10/27/2022 4:10:19 PM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Adding using S0 Security, Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 5
          10/27/2022 4:10:19 PM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave S2 Security key negotiation failed, node cannot be added using S2, will try S0 or unsecure...
          10/27/2022 4:10:13 PM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Negotiating Security S2 for node 5
          10/27/2022 4:10:13 PM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Warning Node 5 does not support the manufacturer specific command class - it is either a really old device or there was a communications problem.
          10/27/2022 4:10:13 PM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
          10/27/2022 4:10:12 PM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave HS-ZWPB700: Controller firmware version: 7.17
          10/27/2022 4:10:10 PM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Done. Node 5 Added.

Comment

What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running?
            How far from are the locks from your Z-Wave interface when attempting to add them?
            Which Z-Wave interface are you using?

Comment

Z-Wave Plugin Version 4.0.3.0
              Lock is about 1m (3 feet) away from the Z-Wave interface
              Z-Wave interface HS-ZWPB700

Comment

Do you have other Z-Wave devices already in your Z-Wave network? If not I'd recommend loading the older version of the Z-Wave plugin - Z-Wave Legacy 3.0.10 and test this version of the plugin.

Comment

There should be an option to add unsecure -- are you using z-tool+ or the main HS4 screen to start the inclusion process?

Comment

I have found dozens of threads on this issue - trying to include a Schlage Lock with HS4.
                    None of them have come to a satisfactory solution or answer even though a few of them have been flagged "Solved."
                    Suggestions include:
                    1. Put the lock within inches of the Zwave stick (or with the HomeTroller Pi G4 the unit itself)
                    2. Put new batteries in - sometimes lithium.
                    3. reset the lock
                    4. make sure you exclude each time and then just keep trying and trying and trying and trying - it may hit sometime.
                    5. Try legacy Zwave plugins
                    6. Unplug the batteries on other Schlage locks on the network while you try to include
                    NONE of this works reliably for everyone - and none of it has worked for me.
                    I have 7 identical Schlage locks. Except ONE of them is newer than the other 6. The older Six don't have an include/exclude, you have to do that function through the keypad. The newest lock does have the include/exclude button on the circuit board.
                    The six older locks will include without a hitch. Some of them are hundreds of feet from my hub.
                    The newer lock won't include no matter what I try.
                    I even ordered another lock from Amazon - it won't include either.

Obviously there is a problem including the newest model of Schlage locks with HS4. I suspect it's a timeout problem (HS4 is not waiting long enough) but that's just speculation on my part.

But whoever works on the ZWave plugin needs to fix this. It's obviously a problem for a number of people.

Comment

Working...
                    X