It was all going so well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was all going so well...

After putting off this upgrade for some time I decided today to try to upgrade my HomeTroller Zee S2 running HS3 to HS4. I bought myself a Raspberry Pi. Followed these instructions here and all went very smoothly and very soon I was logged in and exploring my new (empty) HS4 system.

I got the ZWave plugin up and running and added a device to test it. That all went well so I decided I was ready to try transferring my HS3 system over to the new device. For this, I followed the instructions here. I got into Maintenance mode. Performed the HS3 backup and got confirmation of that (and downloaded a local copy).

Then I moved on to step 2 'Install HS4'. That all seemed to go very quickly only instead of a green notification LED I've got a red one and now if I try to access the system I get this message:

Error processing HTML file /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/devices.html->Could not find a part of the path "/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/devices.html".

Very quickly I've realised why I've put this off for so long. :-(

Before I go and reflash the SD card can anyone suggest where I went wrong please? Thanks
    Malcolm

Reading further I see the Pi has two LED lights; pwr and act. My pwr is a solid red and the act one shows no activity. I rebooted it and now it doesn't even appear in https://find.homeseer.com/findhomeseer/
    Malcolm

Comment

I would go simple, first. Conflicting IP addresses, running two computers with HS4 active, how are you accessing the RPi?
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

So before step 2 I was able to view and access both systems (on different IP addresses) via myhs.homeseer.com.

What does the Install HS4 from the maintenance page actually do? I thought it was installing the configuration and files from my HS3 system on the new Pi. That wouldn't change the new Pi's IP address?
        Malcolm

Comment

I raised a support ticket. No response as yet so I went back to the original instructions and reflashed the Pi with the HS4-Pi files. Whilst waiting for Support I started to set up my Plug-ins and Devices (there are hundreds though). I assume when Support does show me how to restore my HS3 system onto the new Pi it will just overwrite what I've achieved so far. Also assumed that if I keep naming conventions the same between the two systems when I copy my Events over these should work too.
          Malcolm

Comment

This is proving to be a nightmare that I wish I'd never initiated!

Here we are a week on, many hours wasted and still nowhere near an operational HS4 system. I thought I'd made some progress when I finally managed to get my HS4 device to take a restore of the config from my HS3 device. I tested a few of the devices created and they seemed to work okay. I told Support and they closed off my ticket.

I was too hasty.

I had prepared a checklist of my HS3 devices to go through to ensure they had all been created correctly. I have 334 devices in my HS3 system. I only got as far as 84 when I realised that they hadn't all been created - it seems to have only created the devices for 2 or 3 rooms and then stopped.

I repeated the whole HS4 flash install / HS3 backup / restore process again (which undid the frustrating incorrect date format issue! Grrr!) and then this time only 79 devices have been created.

One 'consulation' is that the restore did seem to have created the 75+ events that I have. Although most show errors. :-(

After the first restore, I had started to install the Zwave interface but that created so many error messages that I disabled it to focus on getting my devices and events setup first.

I can see myself sticking with my time served HS3 system at this rate.

Malcolm

Comment

Working...
            X