Factory reset - How to connect a Keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory reset - How to connect a Keyboard

I have somehow totally FU my HomeTroller PI. Search says to FR I have to hook up a Keyboard and monitor. I see the HDMI for the monitor. How/where do I connect the keyboard?
    the HT Pi will not let me logout or pretty much do anything. I was just getting started so I do not have anything I need to save.
    Thank you very much for your asistance

USB port
    -Wade

Comment

my power supply is connected to the USB port.
      Although you triggered an I am an idiot moment when I realized that I was not using the included pwr brick but a 1 amp version that was already connected on my desk.
      so how to connect both power and keybord at the same time?

Comment

this is the version I have installed HomeSeer HS4 Pi Hub G1 Edition 4.2.0.0 (Linux)
        I think I FU by using my email address as the user id.
        as soon as I connect after powering up I am logged in wiht my email address and nothing happens when I click on logout.

Comment

I dont believe you can do a factory reset.

When I was in your predicament, I opened a support ticket and they sent me a link to a software download to reprogram the SD card. I was then back at factory settings.

Comment

thanks, will open a ticket.

Comment

I'm replying out of school here as I don't own one, but does it not have 4 USB-A ports like the one in this image?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2229-me.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	1616467
              -Wade

Comment

and I am an Idiot. Yes, it does. Getting old and my brain isn't working correctly :-(
                A little tunnel vision.somehow I got focused on the side where the HDMI and USB power plugs are
                This is what happens when you get old and your HomeTroller Pi AND the coffee been grinder both fail at the same time. Got distracted by finding the "perfect" Coffee bean burr grinder

Thank you very much for pointing this out to me and not writing me off as the idiot I can sometimes be

Comment

Originally posted by BigGuy65 View Post
                  and I am an Idiot. Yes, it does. Getting old and my brain isn't working correctly :-(
                  A little tunnel vision.somehow I got focused on the side where the HDMI and USB power plugs are
                  This is what happens when you get old and your HomeTroller Pi AND the coffee been grinder both fail at the same time. Got distracted by finding the "perfect" Coffee bean burr grinder

Thank you very much for pointing this out to me and not writing me off as the idiot I can sometimes be
                  Been there more times than I'd care to admit, including the old part. And the coffee. And...
                  -Wade

Comment

:-)
                    Thanks
                    There is definitely a need for some updated documention

Comment

From HS support, using "find.homeseer.com" once your device shows up if you click on "Maintenance" you get all the automated "Factory Reset" functionality.
                      Wish I had known this before I went through the local console process and created a how-to document that I will be happy to share once it is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGuy65 View Post
                        From HS support, using "find.homeseer.com" once your device shows up if you click on "Maintenance" you get all the automated "Factory Reset" functionality.
                        Wish I had known this before I went through the local console process and created a how-to document that I will be happy to share once it is finished.
                        Or.... you could have removed the SD card, put it in a PC, and using a SD card image writer like Etcher, write a new system image onto it to start truly fresh.

https://homeseer.com/current-downloads/

You do need to know your license number and password to re-install it.

Comment

Working...
                        X