HS-425 - Speak Something SONOS Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-425 - Speak Something SONOS Selection

You can no longer define a SONOS speaker as a target for an announcement. If the device $SONOS$Livingroom$ was imported from the database, it works properly but if you need to define a SONOS device there is no option like in HS3.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Event_Snip.png Views:	13 Size:	86.4 KB ID:	1357088

Same problem here. And, you can't even edit the phrase without losing the Sonos client.

Comment

I am having the same issue version 4.0.1.30. There use to be a TO: option in HS3 so you could type in a custom speaker client. Maybe in HS4 plugins need to report their speaker clients as such to homeseer so they can be selected like the chromecast plugin does. For backwards compatibility I would think it needs to be there.

Comment

rjh Indeed the backward compatibility with HS3 is required to maintain the option to add manually a speaker client

Comment

I read that Sonos devices are now timing Google Assistant and will work as a Google Home unit. Maybe try the Chromecast plugin? I don't have one to try it with else I would.
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
          Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Is this issue being addressed. I really need the SONOS plugin to work properly with HS4
            Thanks
            Ed

Comment

As a workaround you can add the speaker client using ip/events instead of ip/events.html.

Comment

When I installed HS4 version 4.0.1.28 none of the Sonos devices appeared in the Player Table. Is this still the case with the latest version? I play wav files via events so having Sonos work properly is important to me.

Comment

Originally posted by rotunnoe View Post
                  When I installed HS4 version 4.0.1.28 none of the Sonos devices appeared in the Player Table. Is this still the case with the latest version? I play wav files via events so having Sonos work properly is important to me.
                  Make sure you allow the PI full incoming/outgoing firewall access!! Devices not appearing in the player table seems to indicate (perhaps even more than a firewall) that something is wrong with the settings and that perhaps the PI is hunting on a wrong subnet. If you turn the PI's debug flag on, and you restart the PI, you should see in the start-up log which IP address is used. Pay attention to what the network settings of HS4 are (network port binding) because the PI gets its IP address from HS! If you use VMs make sure HS (network settings) picked the right IP address.

The topic here discussed is that HS4 dropped the capability to add your own speakerclient and the work around for now is to pull up the HS3 (old) page by manually adjusting the URL to ip/events.html.

Given that this topic received a fault tracking # HS425 means that the HS team is working on it, and when it disappears here, it will show solved status and you'll know that the latest released version has the solution in it.

Comment

Thank you for your explanation. I'll wait until the issue is resolved by HS.

Comment

Any progress on solving this issue. I have turned HS4 events every which way but loose and still cannot get TTS to any speaker. Oddly enough some of the announcements imported during the initial HS4 installation still work and the log showes the $SONOS$ speakers that were called from the imported event however, no joy with some of them or with newly created events.

Thanks
                      Ed

Comment

rjh JLDubz

Any updates on this issue? Surprised not more users have been complaining about this.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Here still the same problem in HS4.0.5.0. No option for making an speakerclient (and editing an old event results in deleting the $SONOS$xxx client.
                          Is there any update at this issue?

Regards, Luuc.

Comment

Has this been resolved yet?

Using HS4 4.1.1.0, having recently transferred across from HS3. My existing Sonos announcements from HS3 all continue to work correctly, but I can't add a new Sonos announcement, as the option to add my Sonos link group is not there.

I tried copying an existing, working announcement, but the Sonos option disappeared when I tried to change the announcement.

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

See post #9 above with work-around. No sign that it is fixed. I did recently provide info to Rich about this

Comment

Working...
                              X