Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	455
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	1365305

Comment

Exact same situation for me....

Comment

Originally posted by dmauer View Post
        Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.0.1.28 (Linux)
        License: HS4 Pro

I updated my Homeseer 3 to 4 (have two folders) and went through the change primary license feature entering old and new license code and passwords on MyHS and got the following error:
        "couldn't update setting check your connection"

I went back through the the change primary license feature on MyHS and went through the change primary license feature entering new and old license code and passwords on MyHS to switch back and Google Home properly switched back and linked.

UPDATE:
        I had to add my MyHS account to HomeSeer under Setup.>Users. It is the same user and password you use to log into MyHS to change your license. Then both Alexa and Google Home worked instantly.
        You made my day. This solved my android HomeSeer login...

Comment

I've read through this entire thread and it sounds like whatever is going on is not specific to HS4 and also not resolved. More accurately, there are two separate things going on, and one of them is solvable while the other is some sort of ongoing issue.

The first issue is that when upgrading to HS4 you need to fix your MyHS login and license info in the MyHS service PLUS you need to add a user to your local HS instance matching the credentials to MyHS. This is easily solvable by following instructions.

The second issue is the one that can't seem to be fixed. MyHS is working correctly, remote access and everything is fine, but Google Home won't reconnect. You may or may not have removed your HomeSeer link from it, but either way it won't ever reestablish a link to your HS4 system. This seems to be unresolved. There are some hints that it has something to do with a cached authentication token by Google, but one would think that if that was there case there would be a way to deprecate that auth token and re-login to the service.

Can anyone confirm if that summary is correct? Can anyone from HomeSeer comment on whether the remaining issue with Google Home is on the HomeSeer side or the Google side or somewhere in the fuzzy middle? Is there any manual work around? I've been without Google Home integration for about a month now and I'd really like to be able to say "Hey Google, turn off all the lights" again.

Comment

My google home integration had been working fine until about a week ago. Then poof. No worky. :|
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
            Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
            Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by elreydetodo View Post
              I've read through this entire thread and it sounds like whatever is going on is not specific to HS4 and also not resolved. More accurately, there are two separate things going on, and one of them is solvable while the other is some sort of ongoing issue.

The first issue is that when upgrading to HS4 you need to fix your MyHS login and license info in the MyHS service PLUS you need to add a user to your local HS instance matching the credentials to MyHS. This is easily solvable by following instructions.

The second issue is the one that can't seem to be fixed. MyHS is working correctly, remote access and everything is fine, but Google Home won't reconnect. You may or may not have removed your HomeSeer link from it, but either way it won't ever reestablish a link to your HS4 system. This seems to be unresolved. There are some hints that it has something to do with a cached authentication token by Google, but one would think that if that was there case there would be a way to deprecate that auth token and re-login to the service.

Can anyone confirm if that summary is correct? Can anyone from HomeSeer comment on whether the remaining issue with Google Home is on the HomeSeer side or the Google side or somewhere in the fuzzy middle? Is there any manual work around? I've been without Google Home integration for about a month now and I'd really like to be able to say "Hey Google, turn off all the lights" again.
              I agree. My Google Home won't connect.

Comment

Current Version: 4.0.3.0
                Not able to connect to Google Home.

Next message: Something went wrong. Try again. ( translated from ductch)

But no Homeseer under the devices in Google Home.

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...er-in-his-list

the solution

Comment

HS4 4.0.3.0 - This morning none of my Google/HS4 linked devices were working.. tried to sync with homeseer but was told "Homeseer is not available".. Rebooted everything, still didn't work. Had to un-link and re-link Google and HS4 to get everything working again.

Comment

With this link you can unlink any linked account
                      https://myaccount.google.com/accountlinking

Comment

Originally posted by theknee View Post
                        With this link you can unlink any linked account
                        https://myaccount.google.com/accountlinking
                        Holy &;@@!&-“@!??!,’ it worked! That’s the link most of us needed. Many of the people here are getting the “something went wrong” error, and this resolved it for me immediately. I’ve finally been able to re-pair MyHS with Google Home after two months.

Someone from HomeSeer please take note of this and post it in an FAQ somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by elreydetodo View Post

Holy &;@@!&-“@!??!,’ it worked! That’s the link most of us needed. Many of the people here are getting the “something went wrong” error, and this resolved it for me immediately. I’ve finally been able to re-pair MyHS with Google Home after two months.

Someone from HomeSeer please take note of this and post it in an FAQ somewhere?
                          I know my solution is to go almost unnoticed by everyone. ;-)
                          but it works completely.
                          when we call he says there is nothing homeseer in our profile but his fakes.
                          the proof ! ;-)

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...54#post1369954

Comment

New user to HS4 here and i tried to link homeseer to google home as a linked service and it does not work.

from the google home app, i go to link a service , select home seer, it redirects me to the authentication page for MyHS, I login successfully, it redirects back to google home app, says linking devices, then returns me back to the choos e aservice, says homeseer is not linked and does not show any homeseer devices in google home.

visiting https://myaccount.google.com/accountlinking?pli=1 shows homeseer is linked as of todays date, and i can unlink it to try again. when i do that the same thing happens. It shows as linked at this link on my account but the google home app does not show homeseer as a linked service and shows no devices from homeseer.

This has never worked since I bought HS4 a month or two ago. I was transitioning over from Wink to HS4. I unlinked Wink and devices fine and my homeseer is all setup and (mostly) working except for Zigbee bugs. Otherwise i should at least get my lock and a few plugs showing up in google home i should be able to turn on and off.

EDIT: HS4 version 4.1.7.0

Comment

Do you have devices set up to use voice command? You need to check the box for Voice Command in any device you wish to control. You may need to check the Is Light box as well. I have not tried without at least one device configured to use voice.

Also, you need to be connected to MyHS first as Google currently requires a web service connection, although local control has been announced and was either just released or will be soon. So make sure you can get into MyHS first.
                              Karl S
                              HS4Pro on Windows 10
                              1070 Devices
                              56 Z-Wave Nodes
                              104 Events
                              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                              Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                                Do you have devices set up to use voice command? You need to check the box for Voice Command in any device you wish to control. You may need to check the Is Light box as well. I have not tried without at least one device configured to use voice.

Also, you need to be connected to MyHS first as Google currently requires a web service connection, although local control has been announced and was either just released or will be soon. So make sure you can get into MyHS first.
                                Oh nice. I checked the box for voice control for 2 zwave plugs, a zwave lock, and a zigbee plug and saved. I then relinked homeseer to google home and I see the 2 zwave plugs but not the zwave lock or zigbee plug.

I was already connected to MyHS and registered and had the account in my user list in the server locally. I had to do this already to get mobile working over LTE remotely.

All of this process is so i can open my garage doors when I'm about 10 seconds away from the driveway with the google assistant button on my steering wheel. I think I'm on my way now.

EDIT: looks like ZWAVE devices except locks carry over to google home ok for control but zigbee lights and plugs dont work at all

Comment

Working...
                                X