Plugin: PHLocation unable to post to MyHS, but LAN still works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post

When threads like this go in a number of directions, it's hard to determine whether there is a bug to report or not. If there's a bug here, please summarize it for me and I'll log it.
    Mark;

I don’t know if it is a bug or not. As I wrote, I will not have time to dig into this until the weekend. I am not running HS4 full time yet and I will have to make it primary on HS4 before this will work. Personally, I don’t think it is a bug with HS4 since some are able to get their apps to post to PHLocation through the HS4 webserver with a local connection. I also tested this and it works fine locally, but until I reconfigure MyHS I cannot test that it posts through MyHS. Once I get MyHS talking to HS4 I will have more info. I will dig into it further on Saturday and will post back when I do.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Waiting to do the transfer of licence on myhs too, here.

testing V 4.0.1.32 now on Linux , will let it run for the night. But will surely fet back to hs3 after. Need some bug to be resolved first on hs4 side.

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
        Waiting to do the transfer of licence on myhs too, here.

testing V 4.0.1.32 now on Linux , will let it run for the night. But will surely fet back to hs3 after. Need some bug to be resolved first on hs4 side.
        I didn’t know there was anything newer than 4.0.1.30.

Comment

rjh Well.. I took the plunge this week and upgraded to HS4.. Everything is working except phlocation and geofency. It is using :https://connected2.homeseer.com/phl2api?dtype=GF

username and password are correct.. I get a timeout from host (myIP) (looks like its getting my IP from connected2.homeseer.com ?

Is there something different with HS4 and API that I need to do different?

It works with direct IP on local lan (http://local_ip)

Fails though the MyHS service. double checked credentials and they are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

When threads like this go in a number of directions, it's hard to determine whether there is a bug to report or not. If there's a bug here, please summarize it for me and I'll log it.
            I did finally move to HS4 and made it primary for MyHS. MyHS does not pass the information correctly to HomeSeer, so we cannot post to PHL through the service. GeoFency posts perfectly through the local lan or port forwarding from the WAN. Something apparently changed with the way MyHS is handling the posts from GeoFency, because HS4 plays fine with PHL in every other way.

Comment

Working...
            X