HS-366 - Email snapshots/videos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-366 - Email snapshots/videos?

With the nice built in camera support how can I email some snapshots when a event is triggered?

Originally posted by MEB View Post
    With the nice built in camera support how can I email some snapshots when a event is triggered?
    What? Are you saying the following event selections aren't available?
    IF 'Event'
    THEN the system will take a picture with <camera name>
    THEN send an Email to <email address> with the subject notification <look at the pretty pic> and a file attachment </netcam/currentimage.jpg>

These are standard selections in HS3

Comment

Originally posted by sickpuppy View Post

What? Are you saying the following event selections aren't available?
      IF 'Event'
      THEN the system will take a picture with <camera name>
      THEN send an Email to <email address> with the subject notification <look at the pretty pic> and a file attachment </netcam/currentimage.jpg>

These are standard selections in HS3

The built in camera support only has record from camera, also attachment is gone from send an email.
      Attached Files

Comment

Don't you have to select the "send an email" option and then it allows you to add the capture as an attachment?

Comment

Don't you have to select the "send an email" option and then it allows you to add the capture as an attachment?
          Like I said, the email option is missing the ability to add attachments in version 4.

My question is now with cameras added without plugin I think we should be able to do it without a plugin. But since netcam is not working right in 4 and email is missing attachments there is really no way to do it anymore.

Comment

My question is now with cameras added without plugin I think we should be able to do it without a plugin. But since netcam is not working right in 4 and email is missing attachments there is really no way to do it anymore.
            I can't believe that. But the Bedford Boys just wowed us a couple weeks ago with showcasing the revolutionary feature of having live camera feeds within the HS browser window (using some high tech http direct camera address embedded in the HTML, simply amazing, of course) and now you're telling me that you can't do anything with it? Just how beta is this beta? Are my suspicions correct that HS4 is just a fancy-pants GUI overlay with no real functionality added? Man, that's going to be a tough sell, especially since core things you'd expect in a HA product in 2020 like native audio integration are missing.

I appreciate the brave souls like yourself who are alpha... I mean, beta testing for the rest of us.

EDIT: My emails critical of HS always tend to magically get deleted, so I doubt this one will stay up.

Comment

EDIT: My emails critical of HS always tend to magically get deleted, so I doubt this one will stay up.
              Instead of just trolling us here, why not take a bite at the apple and jump into the testing yourself?

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

previously logged as HS-366. i'd like to have this too!

Looks like the missing email attachment was an oversight. I'll create a separate issue for that.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Has HS-366 been fixed?

Comment

Is there a bug with this still? The option of attachment is there, but it won't save the event when I put anything in there.

Comment

Working...
                    X