Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS-487 - Features hidden & unable to control a device when Chrome is set to 125% zoom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-487 - Features hidden & unable to control a device when Chrome is set to 125% zoom

I am experiencing 2 related issues here:

First , on the devices page, all my metered smart switches are showing <Reset Accumulated Values> as the primary control feature rather than <power on/off> - see screen capture below. How do I make <on/off> into the primary feature?

Secondly, and in addition, this is compounded by the fact that I usually keep my browser (Chrome) zoom set at 125% (my eyesight is not what it used to be) which can result in the <power on/off> feature being too far to the right to appear anywhere on the device options. In this event there is no obvious way to control these devices.

This is the device with the Browser set to 125% zoom - the device does not present any power on/off feature.

Click image for larger version  Name:	zoom 125.JPG Views:	62 Size:	56.7 KB ID:	1361940

The only way I have found to work around this is to turn the browser zoom off, at which point the the same device has the power feature viable at the extreme right:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Zoom 100.JPG Views:	57 Size:	48.1 KB ID:	1361941

Ideally I'd like to be able to specify which feature is the primary control (ie, the power function in this case, and not the reset values), and/or the sequence / priority order of features listed along the top; so I can place the most useful features on the left of the top bar where they're not going to disappear (eg: in the screen capture above, I would re-order those features as follows: <power on/off>, watts, amps, volts, power factor)

Are these bugs in the Beta, feature requests, or am I missing something?

The lack of specifying the primary feature is a known issue since the developers beta from almost half a year ago. Still it hasn't been addressed :-/

Comment

Problems like this arise from incompetence or laziness or both. This does not bode well for HS4.

Comment

Originally posted by baudi View Post
        Problems like this arise from incompetence or laziness or both. This does not bode well for HS4.
        I'm not sure if that's aimed at me or Homeseer, Baudi, but I'd appreciate specific feedback if I'm doing something wrong.

Comment

He is referring to HS, not you :-)
          IMHO, the tileview is complete crap

Comment

+1 on this, please, please provide plugin authors and/or users methods to decide which feature is shown in tile view. As kriz83 says, it was asked by several plugin developers and we are still looking at a 'depreciated' method featureprioritity that does not function at all.
            This is an important feature that holds possible user friendliness of HS4, which I think should be high priority?

Here are two lights on my plugin. One is showing a color temperature control and the other showing Hue control? Feels very random to me. Why not showing the most common feature, holding the on/off functions? Control use is set. And certainly better, the plugin should set it as the plugin would best know which feature is most important, or the plugin could make this a user configurable setting for its own devices?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-02-13 14_03_48-Devices.png
Views:	255
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1362199

Same for scaling of the tiles as Walnut2000 is mentioning, I noticed it too, and realize it can be an annoyance if it needs re scaling to get to the missing features. In that area it seems the list view might be the only way out?

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              This is an important feature that holds possible user friendliness of HS4, which I think should be high priority?
              I agree.

I can picture my wife laughing in my face when I explain that she'll have to play "hide and seek" to turn stuff on & off using the new version

Still, I can give her a few clues how to find the switches when they're hidden and it's still easier than Sudoku :-)

Comment

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

+1 on this, here are how some of my devices look like in Chrome Grid:

The Garage Door displays "Status was Reset" and has "Reset Application status" button; my priority would be to display sensor status with the open/close buttons.

I have 4 door sensors and 1 tilt sensor all displaying "OK" and have a "Rest Notification" button and another displays "No Event" with no buttons; my priority would be to display the sensor status "open/close" for all of them.

I have 5 motions sensors that displays "OK" and have a "Reset Application" button, 5 display "No Event" and have no buttons, and 1 displays "Unknown Event". Only 1 displays the sensor status of "Motion/No Motion" which would be my priority for all.

Some outlets display "Reset Accumulated Value" button while others display correctly with On/Off controls.

Not sure if it's meant to be this way but none of my Sonos players have any controls or features to select in Grid View

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                    Any news on this? It's a higly missed feature

regards,
                    Dag-Inge

Comment

Working...
                    X