Can't register HS4 (BETA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't register HS4 (BETA)

Removed HS3 and then installed HS4 BETA on my development laptop to check >my< plugins would compile/work under HS4.

Try to start HS4 and it goes to the registration screen - enter HS4 code and password press Continue.
    Enter HS3 code, password not enabled so press Continue.

And up comes the "Licence ID or password is not in the correct format".

I've tried typing it in and tried copying it in (from my upgrade email and Keepass), I've tried different Browsers (Chrome, Edge).

I've tried reversin the code/password, and many, many attempts - but keep hitting the same message.

I don't run non MS virus checkers (why bother) and I am an Admin account.

I emailed HS support, Jon tiied to help three times and said he COULD register before he gave up. So I raise a ticket and Greg answered, I post the whole screen back to him and within an hour I get a useless response back 'we don't do HS4 BETA support' and this forum link.

(Way to go, I'd be kicked out if I did that, yes, I am in support too.)

Simply put I want to be able to register this - I'm legal for goodness sake and been with HS for two decades!

Just let me help YOU!

Is your license 6 characters? Saw somewhere on here that it needs to be and the suggestion was to put in a leading zero.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesWestoby View Post

Simply put I want to be able to register this
      Was this resolved?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
          No
          I was asking the OP but You can't register your license?

Comment

Sorry, haven't been on here for a time - been looking at the new plugins and non-related HS things (our house is a building site).

Yes, the number I put in had six digits (no leading zero required), thank you for that but not it.

At least I can convert/compile my plugins - once I get my head around how the new one works.

I guess I'll have to put in a support request when HS4 is released properly. Personally as a support person myself I'd like to get a jump start on these sort of problems before a massive influx of them!

Thanks to those who read and/or responded.

Comment

So, I am having the same issue but don't really get what the solution was. I tried the leading zero but that didn't fix it.
              What is the solution?

Comment

Originally posted by MdeMan View Post
                So, I am having the same issue but don't really get what the solution was. I tried the leading zero but that didn't fix it.
                What is the solution?
                HS4 has been released. Are you still using a beta? If you are using a release version of HS4 you need to start a new topic not in the beta forums.

Comment

Working...
                X