HS Pro 4.0.4.0 Cameras unlinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Pro 4.0.4.0 Cameras unlinking

I am running HS4Pro on Win server 2012 inside a ESXi host. I have 90-100 Zwave devices and so far have setup 3x of my cameras. 1x Amcrest and 2x Hikvision. Subnet wise I can't use the auto locate because cameras get their own subnet and HS is in another IOT subnet (with all the IP based 'things' - no Inet access from this subnet. The cameras work, kinda sort of as I am still fine tuning video settings. Amcrest seems to be easier than the Hikvision units for video settings.

If a camera loses power HS loses connection to the camera. All I have to do is go into setup -> camera -> save. Do not change a thing, just click save. Then *poof* the cameras work again. This same issue with with all three cameras. I wonder a couple things and am curious about other folks setup.
    1. Is anyone else running ESXi for HS Pro?
    2. Has anyone else seen cameras get disconnected?
    3. If I wanted to copy my HS4 from one system to another do I need to reinstall or can I simply copy the directory?
    4. Are others seeing 'jerky' video? Video inside HS is not smooth but it is on my tablet in the Amcrest/Hikvision apps
    I am curious if maybe the hyper visor is causing my issue. I know that Blue Iris does not like ESXi so it runs elsewhere. Maybe HS needs to be migrated to a physical now that it has camera support.

Hi Antacus - I was running HS4 on a Windows 10 VM under vSpehre 6.7 and I had no issues. Server may introduce some other factors that could be causing your issues, but I cant help much with that. I just moved off Windows to Linux for my HS4 since I need to use my ESX hosts for the new vSphere VCF4 to evaluate the K8s integration.

Comment

I am running HS4 on Windows 10 and my cameras are there some days, gone others. Some times they will stick around for a week, other times just a few hours. I can usually get them back if I reboot the computer but not always so that might be coincidental.
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
      Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
      Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I tried loading HS4 Pro onto a laptop and linked to the cameras. Same issue seen on the dedicated laptop as the ESXi with Windows server 2012r2. At this point I do not think it is the server but something else. I know I can link to these from my phone/tablet and video is perfect. Blue Iris on this same laptop has solid streaming and recording. This all leads me to believe that HomeSeer has a bit of development in their future around cameras if they truely want to say they support cameras.

Camera recording must be:
        1. Reliable
        2. Solid recordings
        3. Smooth playback

Just my $0.02 for what it is worth - probably not worth even that much

Comment

Under Linux I cant get any of my camera to connect at all - so there is some work to be done on camera support from the looks of it... Im sure the team will figure it out. (Hopefully soon...)

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
            I am running HS4 on Windows 10 and my cameras are there some days, gone others. Some times they will stick around for a week, other times just a few hours. I can usually get them back if I reboot the computer but not always so that might be coincidental.
            Having the same issue with 2 x Foscam 9900 cameras. I also have 2 Homeseer Cameras (1 x indoor and 1 x outdoor) and those seem to remain connected at all times. Only the Foscams appear and disappear...

Comment

I read in a thread that only the HS cameras are officially supported. I am not sure this is true but the problem is that this is a huge project. I am using BlueIris. It's the cost of a couple of plugins but is VERY powerful.

Comment

Working...
              X