Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-765 Timers disappeared

Hello ,

Something wierd happened on my HS4 system. I have 2 timers ( one I created on HS4 , the other one was imported from HS3), both where working fine when I checked last week or so. Today I noticed in the log a red warning that the system couldn't fine a timer. Checking this I saw none of my timers were present.

The only thing I did was installed the plugin Mei unifi and BLUPS, and created some events with these plugins.
    Anyone noticed something similar?

Thanks,
    Cor

Date/time=5/3/2020 8:01:51 PM W. Europe Daylight Time
    Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.0.4.0 (Windows)
    In Virtual Machine=No MFG: asustek computer inc.
    Antivirus=Windows Defender
    OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    OS Version=10.0.18363
    Uptime=0 Days 4 Hours 0 Minutes 11 Seconds
    User/Access=default (Admin)
    Lan IP=192.168.68.20 (DESKTOP-OO3QUJU)
    Client IP=192.168.68.114 (DESKTOP-Q4HJPQ7.lan)
    WAN IP=178.191.76.240 ()
    Device Count=515
    Event Count=200
    Last Event Ran=Events System : Network monitoring Jon00, Ran at 5/3/2020 8:01:51 PM
    # of unique event scripts=4
    Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9 at 3.91 GHz
    Modules/Threads=119 Modules, 116 Threads
    Available Threads=1023
    System Load=170 Processes, 51% Load
    Free/Total Memory=7.97 GBytes / 15.87 GBytes (50% free)
    Free/Total Virtual Memory=8.57 GBytes / 18.25 GBytes (47% free)
    HomeSeer Memory Used=93 Mbytes
    Plugin Memory Used=8 EXE Plug-Ins using 305 Mbytes

I noticed today that both my counters had disappeared as well. My four timers were still in place, but the two counters I had were no longer listed in the Timers/Counters menu. However both counter devices were still listed in the devices list but no longer functioned with the events that were tied to them.

I deleted the stale counters from the device list and created two new ones with the same names and the events synced right back up to them without the need to redo the Event Actions.

Only change I made was the installation of the Phillips Hue Plugin v4.0.14.0

Comment

Logged as issue HS-765 to keep track. If anyone else sees this, please post.

We had some issues saving events, and if that happened its possible that timers would not get saved. Just a guess, but let's see if it happens again with build 4.0.5.0 or later.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I was able to reproduce.

Switching off the computer ( I had a power outage) , computer started up normally again, but again all timers were gone.

Cor

Comment

I to have seen everything disappear if HS is not shut down properly.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

All Counters and Timers disappear after a power fail. You can re-add them and they will populate in any event that uses them assuming they have the same name when you re-enter them. Linux 4.0.5.0

Comment

@HST: Are the filehandles closed when writing these files? Are you using the 'using' directive when writing to files ? There are some quite serious problems/design flaws with data persistency. This is really worrying !

Comment

andyf ; that is very very wrong.
                The first time this happened I couldn't have known the computer was shut down, since it automatically restarts after a power loss.

This means I can't be sure my events will run, since a power outage can happen all the time:-/

Cor

Comment

Happened to my system also, fyi. We are looking at it and I plan to have a fix in the next update. I am pretty sure I know what the issue is.

To be safe right now, go to your /Data folder and make a copy of the .json folder, that is where the info is restored.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    Happened to my system also, fyi. We are looking at it and I plan to have a fix in the next update. I am pretty sure I know what the issue is.

To be safe right now, go to your /Data folder and make a copy of the .json folder, that is where the info is restored.
                    rjh so this should be logged there or not ? https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...to-help-center

Comment

This is still happening with HS4 4.2.0.0 Windows 10. What's the fix?
                      |
                      | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
                      HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Working...
                      X