HS-760 - X10 device does not change icon if switched on/off, legacy GUI ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-760 - X10 device does not change icon if switched on/off, legacy GUI ok

I installed CM15A plugin version 3.0.0.7. (RPi4 running Raspbian Buster, HS version 4.0.5.0). A X10 device I created shows no change in icons if I use the on/off buttons in the device tab. On the other hand, if I use the legacy device manager then the icons do change.

Something is cross wired I guess.
    ---
    Cor

I made the next observations if I use the on/off controls of the X10 device (HouseUnit A8).
    With netcat I look at the X10 commands that appear:

With the on/off buttons in de device tab and with the on/off buttons in the legacy device manager I see the same commands in the netcat standard outout::

Code:
    homeseer@RPi4-HS3:~ $ nc localhost 1099
    05/05 12:20:08 Tx PL HouseUnit: A8
    05/05 12:20:08 Tx PL House: A Func: On
    05/05 12:20:08 Tx PL HouseUnit: A8
    05/05 12:20:08 Tx PL House: A Func: Off
    But the icons in the device tab keep on "off".
    ---
    Cor

Comment

Is everything functioning ok in HS3. How did you originally set up your CM15 in HS. I remember installing Mochad on the Raspberry Pi separately, ran it as a service daemon then installed the CM15 plugin in HS. How is your setup configured.

Comment

In HS3 there where no problems, I ran it from the same Raspberry Pi as now HS4.
        I setup Mochad (version 0.1.16) as a service on the Raspberry Pi 4B. First downloaded it fron GitHub, compiled and installed.
        ---
        Cor

Comment

Have you turned on the debug for the CM15 plugin so you can get an idea what might be happening from the log.

Comment

with debug 'on' I get this in the log, switching 'on' and 'off' in the Devices tab.

Code:
             [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
            [TR]
            [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]mei-06 15:17:24[/COLOR][/TD]
             			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/TD]
             			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]CM15A DEBUG[/COLOR][/TD]
             			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]CM15A.ParseRcv()2: Address = B6, LastCmd: Off, IsCmd = False[/COLOR][/TD]
             		[/TR]
            [/TABLE]
            [TR]
             			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]CM15A.SendCommand(3): plcmd = pl A8 off[/COLOR][/TD]
             		[/TR]
            [/TABLE]
            [TR]
             			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]CM15A.ParseRcv()2: Address = B6, LastCmd: Off, IsCmd = False[/COLOR][/TD]
             		[/TR]
            [/TABLE]
            [TR]
             			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]CM15A.SendCommand()1: HC = A, DC = 8, Cmd = 0, Val = 0, D1 = 0, D2 = 0[/COLOR][/TD]
             		[/TR]
            [/TABLE]
            [TR]
            [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]mei-06 15:17:23[/COLOR][/TD]
             		[/TR]
            [/TABLE]
            [TR]
             		[/TR]
            [/TABLE]
            [TR]
             			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]CM15A.SendCommand(3): plcmd = pl A8 on[/COLOR][/TD]
             		[/TR]
            [/TABLE]
            [TR]
             			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]CM15A.SendCommand()1: HC = A, DC = 8, Cmd = 100, Val = 0, D1 = 0, D2 = 0[/COLOR][/TD]
             		[/TR]
            [/TABLE]

Comment

mfisher That looks all ok. Maybe Mark could take a closer look at that for you. Copy this post over to the X10 section where Mark will see it.

Comment

Hm, Mark asked me to post here so that the HS4 people could have a look at this. He is aware of the problem.

Comment

This appears to be an issue within HS and why I asked Cor to post here. The CM15A plugin does not control how devices are displayed, it only tells HS the device's new value when it changes.

Cor It appears that the plugin is functioning properly based on your log entries. I'm curious what device B6 is since there are 4 log entries of just the B6 address being received without any command. Do the device values change and display properly when X10 commands are received via the power line (in other words when not controlled from the HS UI)?
                  Best regards,
                  -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                  Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

, let me clarify what I am doing. I use X10 mainly to receive signals from my security box in which a X10 module is placed. So doors open/close movement etc. As a consequence of these signals I can switch lights via the HS[3 4] system.

Because the question was raised that no X10 devices could be added with the CM15A plugin I did the test and with version 3.0.0.7 it is possible to add a X10 device, as I did (with the address B8). So no physical device is connected to the system. I thought that is not necessary because X10 is one-way.

Now I observed that the icon did not change with the HS4 devices tab, it does however with the legacy device management.
                    If I use the on/off buttons in the HS4 devices tab, I see the icon change in the legacy device management.

So I was wondering and raised the issue.

Comment

We will have to set this up and see if we can recreate. Logged as issue HS-760
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It was suggested that I post here to see if there is any progress.

I have HS4 running on a RPi 4 with the CM15a plugin. I successfully created 2 devices that can turn on/off an X10 lamp module and appliance module. But, the Status Graphics do not toggle. I created a virtual Device to compare, and the Status Graphic toggles to yellow when on without a refresh.

Comment

Working...
                        X