Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.0.5.0 Linking Insteon & Z-Wave at 100%

Linux 4.0.5.0

I have a Homeseer link setup between an Insteon 2477D Dimmer and an Aeotec Nano Dimmer. Seems to work OK with the exception of full-on (100%). Setting the wall dimmer to 100% does nothing to the nano dimmer.

The log doesn't even show the nano trying to set:
    5/7/2020 9:58:52 PM HomeSeer Device Control Device: Main Foyer Wall Dimmer (Garage) to Dim (value)% (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    5/7/2020 9:58:15 PM Legacy-Plugin Z-Wave Device: Main Foyer Light Set to 82
    5/7/2020 9:58:15 PM HomeSeer Device Control Device: Main Foyer Wall Dimmer (Garage) to Dim (value)% (82) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

I also tried using EasyTrigger for this. Again, works OK until the 2477D goes to 100%. With EasyTrigger I see a value of "Unknown 100" show up on the Nano Dimmer.

Did this work in HS3? I think there are issues when you link different hardware. The status/control pair values need to match exactly for this to work.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No idea, never tried it in HS3 (I'm fairly new to the game).

I can understand if the dimming percentages were off based on one device being 0-100 and one being 0-255. But full on should be full on in either case. This should just work.

Comment

I have an Insteon device and a Z-wave device linked together. (Still on HS3) So far, it is working fine. I did have to edit the status/control pairs on both devices to where both exactly matched. Before doing that, it did not really work, at least not under all conditions.
        You have to make the pairs on both match.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have an option with HS4. The status/control section has a nice header that says:
          "(WORK IN PROGRESS-DO NOT USE)"

Comment

I read somewhere on the forum (but can't find it now) that you can still use the HS3 GUI on HS4. If so, try changing the end of the page address to "/deviceutility" as see if you can edit the pairs that way.

Comment

Perfect, it gets me there.

So right now the Z-Wave dimmer goes 1-98 as % and 99 is "On". Did you make percentage 1-99 with 100 "On", or add 99-100 as a range for "On"?

And that would only handle status. It doesn't look like a Z-Wave device in Homeseer understands 100, which is what the Insteon is sending.

Comment

This is how I altered the Zwave device

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zwave.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1385596

Comment

That worked, thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                  X