Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS-777 - How do we update plugins on HS4? (plugins need to be disabled)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mulu View Post
    Maybe I am missing something but the screenshot seems to be from the plugin store because it lists the prices. When I purchase a plugin I really don't care about the version. Instead I would like to see a link to a version history. This allows me to see what issues people experience with the plugin (based on the bugs fixed) and also how frequently there are updates. Of course, a perfect plugin doesn't need updates but it's still some indicator on where things stand. Anyways, that's just me. User reviews are of course also very helpful.
    Exactly my point above. I never purchase an app or plugin without these considerations.

Comment

Ok I see, so on the installed plugin list you would like to get to the display that you see on the add plugin page (when you click on a plugin). That pop up has links to the release notes and the support page. Does that make sense?

Originally posted by mulu View Post
      Maybe I am missing something but the screenshot seems to be from the plugin store because it lists the prices. When I purchase a plugin I really don't care about the version. Instead I would like to see a link to a version history. This allows me to see what issues people experience with the plugin (based on the bugs fixed) and also how frequently there are updates. Of course, a perfect plugin doesn't need updates but it's still some indicator on where things stand. Anyways, that's just me. User reviews are of course also very helpful.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Let's try this again. I have a few plugins and some of them may have beta releases. After all, this is a beta version. However, the display of my installed plugins doesn't show which ones maybe eligible for a beta upgrade with the cloud icon.

The only way to check is to go to the add page which lists all the plugins for HS4 at the top. Even though I'm not shopping, prices are shown but not version numbers. I have to click on one of the icons so I can compare the version number against my installed version number.

I'm not a patient shopper (ask my wife) so this process makes things that more difficult. I guess the problem is "Add" goes to a shopping page as opposed to somehow showing options for the plugins you currently have. I was taught to come to the bosses door with the problem and the solution, my solution is make make a prettier and more functional HS3 version of the page. The HS3 version shows the plugins you have installed (along with version numbers) then in a separate beta section shows those updates but still shows the pertinent version numbers. Let's see you do that neatly on a phone screen.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
          my solution is make make a prettier and more functional HS3 version of the page. The HS3 version shows the plugins you have installed (along with version numbers) then in a separate beta section shows those updates but still shows the pertinent version numbers. Let's see you do that neatly on a phone screen.
          I agree, starting from the HS3 “/interfaces” page is actually much easier to describe an ideal solution. As racerfern says if you can make something as efficient as that that is responsive and works on mobile that would be ideal. An additional improvement would be to combine the beta and released rows of a plugin from the HS3 view or group thise rows. I personally would rather not have a dedicated beta section, and instead have the beta option listed on the main plugin list item for that plugin.

I will say while I said I like the tiles previously, it is only the fact that they are responsive. For conveying lots of information they do not work. Too little information in too much space that is essentially unorganized.

I think if there was a style guide for HS4 it should have two core rules about presentation. One view needs to present uncluttered view of a small number of items for easy single item interaction. Think lots of empty space. This is largely what has been shown by HS4 thus far. The second view is essentially the HS3 view. Information dense list that is ideal for MANAGEMENT of large numbers of items. Think as little empty space as possible. Eyeball overload, but still readable.

Every page, including the plugin store, should have both views with an icon to toggle between. Ideally all pages are responsive and work on mobile and desktop. The HS3 view on desktop is currently close to perfect. IT IS BETTER THAN YOUR COMPETITORS ON THE DESKTOP NOW TODAY!!!!! The HS3 view on mobile does not exist, and needs to. Same column view with a ton of information with NO side to side scrolling. Only up/down in portrait view on a phone. Only up/down in landscape on tablet with more information per line than portrait. No side scrolling. Seriously. It breaks useability. Of course it would also need a modern color palette.

I know lots of companies are doing the tile view now. It’s great. But not for management. The HS3 view is harder, and the reason it’s not done by your competitors I’m sure. Not because it’s not better. The tile view looks cool, modern, and .... a little easy. It makes your product look like a concept, not a finished product if that is all you have. To really be a finished useable product you need the toggle for the HS3 view on all pages-especially the page for managing plugins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...to-help-center

Comment

Working...
            X