Energy page killed HS4 install and perhaps the win10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Energy page killed HS4 install and perhaps the win10

I installed the latest HS3 on a freshly installed windows 10pro.
    nothing else installed.
    i activated the HS3 and copied the whole folder over from my running system ( different machine).
    i tested the HS3 install and it seem to work fine.

i went ahead and updated to the latest HS4 beta as described in the post about updating to HS4 (installing it into the HS3 folder after removing the HS3 install but not the data.)

all kind of seemed to work except the energy logging.
    i turned it off n the original HS3.

so I turned it back on in the settings but it didn’t seem to work, I checked the log file and it stated something like “ couldn’t add received energy data”.
    i decided to reboot the whole system and the errors didn’t return.

however, when I go to energy.html, nothing shows up.
    the page never populates.
    i logged in remotely (headless system) and found that the cpu usage of HS4 is over 30% instead of the usual 2 to 5%.

i thought I just have to wait till homeseer generates a database or goes thru log files to populate the energy page.
    so after a while the HS4 started to respond to other pages but the energy page never populated.

the second time I tried to get the energy to show up, the system did not recover. I tried to log in remotely to the system and found that the whole pc is powered down.
    the pc is set to boot up after power cycle.

so I tried to boot up again but I can’t log in with teamviewer.
    I have to get the pc and hook it up to screen and keyboard to see if it indeed doesn’t boot or if teamviewer and HS4 isn’t running.

i know it is a beta and I was expecting some issues but to “kill” the install just by calling the energy.html page is not really helping me in getting confident with homeseer to get this going in a foreseeable future.

So I did get win10 to boot again and HS4 even started.
    mad soon as I try to go to the energy.html side the HS4 cpu sugar goes up and nothing happens. The page never populates and it takes “forever” before HS would let me change to a different page like the device page.

that pretty much concludes this HS4 beta adventure for me.
    i de-installed it and switched back to the running HS3 system.

i am not sure how the early beta testers “survived” this adventure. Lol
    i was hoping that by now at least it would run “normal”.

so, kudos to you beta testers sticking with this and helping homeseer to deliver eventually what they sold us last year.

I am sure a few month after the final release it might be fine to give it another shot.
    my apologies that I wasn’t of more help but I simply don’t have the time to even get basic stuff going.

good luck you beta testers. Lol.

Comment

Not sure what happened, but the energy stuff is unchanged from HS3, its exactly the same except for a new html page to view it. The old HTML page is still there so it would be interesting so know if the old page worked differently.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I gave it another try and found that the brand new win10 install set the computer to shut down after 30 minutes. so the "killing" of the win10 is my fault. I wish I could change the title.

Anyway, Re-installed a fresh HS3, removed it and installed HS4.
        so, that was running but I noticed that the logfile contained some entries regarding the energy file. i wondered why because it is turned off ( so I thought)
        I went to the folder and looked into the Data/energy folder to find a file called Energy.hsd with the size of 1,421,153KB. he file size in the settings is set to 50 MB.
        I deleted the file and HS4 generated a new file. i thought i found it but then I noticed that in the settings the energy reporting is turned on??? i turned it off but the file did get bigger?
        when I went back to the setting page i noticed that the reporting is turned on. i turned it off a few times till i noticed that HS4 seem to re start every few minutes.
        I timed it and found that after 4 minutes the HS4 would stop and start new. in the log file it stated that homeseer was not shut down properly last time. hence I think that at re start it used a older config file with the reporting turned on.
        so I went to turn it off and re started HS4 to make sure it uses the regular config file.

now the HS4 runs without dropping out every 4 minutes and keeps running.

it ran all day yesterday without issues.
        today I tried to turn the reporting back on and found in the log file following errors when saving the config

In SettingManager setVar setting var gEnableEnergy: Conversion from string "False,False" to type 'Boolean' is not valid.
        In SettingManager setVar setting var gDebugHSTouch: Conversion from string "False,False" to type 'Boolean' is not valid.
        In SettingManager setVar setting var gLogShortTime: Conversion from string "False,False" to type 'Boolean' is not valid.

the error list is longer perhaps for each setting a line, I am just too lazy to copy line for line.

anyway, reporting still doesn't work since for each device, I find a line like this

Failed to add energy data received for First floor Living Room Network switch kW Hours 1 to HomeSeer.

The Energy file doesn't change in size either, I went ahead and set the permission for everyone to "full".

so, my hope would be when I can get rid of this setting error that the reporting might actually start working.

anyone has an idea where I could start looking?
        I obviously have somewhere a mess in the HS3 folder that I need to copy the HS4 into .

what would be the procedure to install HS4 fresh into its own folder and get all the events and config from HS3 ?
        i did try but HS4 and all seemed fine but HS4 couldn't talk to any zwave device, in the log file i could see the devices reporting but no command would send out to them?

thanks for any suggestion.

rainer

Comment

Working...
        X