HS4 4.0.8.0 on Ubuntu Server 20.04 - Startup Service Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by otttech View Post
    Still not working. I tried both with login as you mentioned and without. Yes, I did disable local login and added subnets 127.0.0,192.168.0

I just started on HS4 PRO. How bad is this beta? Are we anywhere close to a release? Seems very buggy.

It seems like some config is retained and some is not.

For the life of me I cannot get basics working either. I name the device, give it a Floor and Room name then his Save. On the devices page it shows what I set those values to correctly. Then I go to edit the device again and all those fields are blank and I have to re-enter them. Is this a known issue or is there an issue with my setup in particular?

Seems like basics to me...
    You should post all this to

https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk...nation=portals

And seems like your are trying 20089 things at the same times go baby step and try to analyse what you’re doing each time.

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
      And seems like your are trying 20089 things at the same times go baby step and try to analyse what you’re doing each time.
      Not quite. I've literally installed the application, started it and created a device for which I cannot name or consistently set its properties.

I'm trying to determine if this is a bug or a problem with my installation.

This is a fresh install. I haven't configured anything other than basics to get the application running.

Step 1: Launch application and login
      Step 2: Create a device

So what do you suggest I do next?

Comment

Not quite. I've literally installed the application, started it and created a device for which I cannot name or consistently set its properties.

I'm trying to determine if this is a bug or a problem with my installation.

This is a fresh install. I haven't configured anything other than basics to get the application running.

Step 1: Launch application and login
        Step 2: Create a device

So what do you suggest I do next?
        I have reported a bug about the device graphic tab. I was not able to delete a range a values. I consider this section broken for now.

They replied that they are on it.

Comment

Well that's good to know.

I'm trying to figure out if the naming issue I'm having is actually a bug and I should report it or if it's something weird with my installation.

It would seem unreasonable that at this point in the beta even basics like Device Naming don't work properly but who knows.

I'm pretty sure there is something up with my install, but what, I have no idea. It's fresh right out of the TAR file, I changed the web server port in the config and that's it.

Hoping someone else has had this experience and can point me in the right direction.

Comment

Well that's good to know.

I'm trying to figure out if the naming issue I'm having is actually a bug and I should report it or if it's something weird with my installation.

It would seem unreasonable that at this point in the beta even basics like Device Naming don't work properly but who knows.

I'm pretty sure there is something up with my install, but what, I have no idea. It's fresh right out of the TAR file, I changed the web server port in the config and that's it.

Hoping someone else has had this experience and can point me in the right direction.
            Maybe a picture about your naming issue would help

Comment

Working...
            X