EVA LOgik ZW97

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVA LOgik ZW97

Hello Not sure if this is the right place, but i no longer have HS3 running to test as i moved over. I bought the Outdoor Smart Plug two channel and it includes in my Zwave network and shows up as 2 outlets. Edit with a little more testing. It doesn't actually control the outlet, just the instant status. It will control the outlets separately, but will show them both turning on and off if i control the first one. If i do the second outlet it works fine. If i poll it it will eventually show the correct version, but that is annoying for some of my events with it. Currently i have to create 2 events per on and off to see if the other device is on or off, to then reset it to the right state. I am wondering if its because of the zwave settings for associations. I cant get the 1st association to show Endpoint=1 regardless of what i do. It wont delete and if i add it to another group or that one, it wont update at all.
    Attached Files

I had the same exact problem. Finally figured it out. I added the node using unsecure and it found both switches

Comment

Originally posted by Surfrider00724 View Post
      I had the same exact problem. Finally figured it out. I added the node using unsecure and it found both switches
      I tried to add this device unsecured and it did add correctly but when I turn switch 1 on, switch 2 also shows a status change to on even though switch 2 is still off and I didn't control the device.
      Dan-O
      HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

And I can't make them show up with 2 switches - I tried 2 different ZW97 devices, tried adding normally and adding Unsecure. Nothing works - in all cases I'm getting:

Warning: An error (B) was reported attempting to get multi-channel or multi-instance information from node 74 Warning: The device at node 74 should result in 1 child devices being created, but the node interrogation currently has 0.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210404_213242.png
Views:	468
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1467093

Comment

Strangely, updating Z-Wave plugin to the latest Beta resolved my issues - I was able to add ZW97 in Unsecure mode w/o any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by denix View Post
            Strangely, updating Z-Wave plugin to the latest Beta resolved my issues - I was able to add ZW97 in Unsecure mode w/o any issues.
            Sorry to bring this one back but I"m having the same issue as Dan-O . I'm running Plugin 3.0.9.0. After you updated to the latest beta, did you have to exclude and re-include or did it just work after that?

Thanks,
            Ken
            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I'm on HS4.6.2.0. Should I be on the Z-Wave Core 3.0.9.0 or the Beta 3.0.8.1 or, perhaps, HomeSeer S2 Z-Wave Linux Support ARM Beta 3.0.9.0?

Comment

Originally posted by david.i.tanzer@gmail.com View Post
                I'm on HS4.6.2.0. Should I be on the Z-Wave Core 3.0.9.0 or the Beta 3.0.8.1 or, perhaps, HomeSeer S2 Z-Wave Linux Support ARM Beta 3.0.9.0?
                I think you mean HS4.2.6.0 but that's the HS version which is independent of the Z-Wave plugin version. The latest plugin version is 3.0.9.0 and superseded beta 3.0.8.1. I've tried everything I can think of and I'm still seeing the bizarre status behaviour. I'm going to open a ticket with HS and with EvaLogik to see if I can get someone to look into it. Since I'm only using these to turn On and Off holiday lights, I can live with the messed up status for now. Next Summer I'll be using these with low-voltage lighting transformers so I'll need to get this sorted out before then.
                "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post

I think you mean HS4.2.6.0 but that's the HS version which is independent of the Z-Wave plugin version. The latest plugin version is 3.0.9.0 and superseded beta 3.0.8.1. I've tried everything I can think of and I'm still seeing the bizarre status behaviour. I'm going to open a ticket with HS and with EvaLogik to see if I can get someone to look into it. Since I'm only using these to turn On and Off holiday lights, I can live with the messed up status for now. Next Summer I'll be using these with low-voltage lighting transformers so I'll need to get this sorted out before then.
                  Have you gotten any progress on this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckk9032 View Post

Have you gotten any progress on this issue?
                    No progress. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to investigate any further. I did find the same issue reported on a Hubitat forum and EvaLogik had to provide an updated driver to fix the problem. I suspect something similar will be needed for HS4. Once the holiday dust settles I'll look into it further.

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post

No progress. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to investigate any further. I did find the same issue reported on a Hubitat forum and EvaLogik had to provide an updated driver to fix the problem. I suspect something similar will be needed for HS4. Once the holiday dust settles I'll look into it further.
                      Interesting, after reading this thread, I just purchased an Eva Logik ZW97 (both outlets controllable), prepared to work around this problem. However, the ZW97 is working fine for me. I am still on HS3 3.0.0.548, and I have the Z-Wave plugin version 3.0.9.0, with a new Z-Netv4 controller. I included the ZW97 normally--secure mode--and inclusion was quick and easy, worked the first time, with no errors. Both outlets are independently controllable and show proper status changes individually. No issues that I can see.

Comment

Nubiseer, that experience is so different from mine that I wonder if there are different versions of the device.

Comment

Here is the output from the node configuration / Z-wave tab:

Current Firmware: Manufacturer = Version: 1.1

Comment

This unit used to be the Inovelli Dual Outdoor Socket NZW97. If you look at the Inovelli support forums you'll see that Eric (the owner) had a falling out, his words, with the manufacturer and discontinued it in 2018. Amazing that it's still called the 97. Inovelli ended up issuing RMA's and refunding a lot of them and never got them to work correctly. Probably the reason for the 'falling out'.

It's now being sold under the EvaLogic name (most likely a Chinese brand) on Amazon. Considering the firmware is still low at 1.1, my bet is that it's still has the same issues as the ones sold in 2018. There are some reports that someone dug up a custom driver for the Samsung Smartthings hub that seemed to recognize it. But no dice for other systems.

Just go over to the Inovelli forums and search for NZW97 and you can read all about it.

There was a NZW97 on eBay a couple of week ago and considered biding on it but when I saw that the latest bid was only $4.95 and it was only 6 hours to go, I decided to do some research on it. Glad I didn't bid on it because they wanted $14 or so, bucks in shipping. Not a great deal when you add the two together so I passed.

Comment

Originally posted by jrs2016 View Post

Interesting, after reading this thread, I just purchased an Eva Logik ZW97 (both outlets controllable), prepared to work around this problem. However, the ZW97 is working fine for me. I am still on HS3 3.0.0.548, and I have the Z-Wave plugin version 3.0.9.0, with a new Z-Netv4 controller. I included the ZW97 normally--secure mode--and inclusion was quick and easy, worked the first time, with no errors. Both outlets are independently controllable and show proper status changes individually. No issues that I can see.
                              This is encouraging. I have older Z-Nets but I'm surprised that would affect this. I'd expect the Z-Wave plugin to do the message processing. I'll have to ask HST.

Comment

Working...
                              X