Changing Graphics for Virtual Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Graphics for Virtual Devices

Fooling around with changing graphics, I am given this array, but nowhere to browse for the one I want. It doesn't make sense. Anyone able to select their desired graphic?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 06-29-20 at 06.10 PM.PNG
Views:	711
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	1397676Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 06-29-20 at 06.10 PM 001.PNG
Views:	666
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	1397677

If you do it in a plugin or scripting then it can be any file in the html path. If you do it from the HS4 UI then it is in the folder you see. You can move other files into this folder. Iā€™m not certain if your new files are retained if you install a new HS4 version.

Comment

Just add your icon set (the icon images, not the file folder) to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\images\HomeSeer\status" and you will then be able to see the new icons when you edit you device icon.

Comment

Use the HS3 GUI and browse for whatever file you want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt

Submit a feature request...
          This was already a "feature" in HS3, and HS4 was not supposed to take any features away. I'm not sure why we need to submit a request to get something back that we already had.

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post

This was already a "feature" in HS3, and HS4 was not supposed to take any features away. I'm not sure why we need to submit a request to get something back that we already had.

--Barry
            Because HS is not going to work on stuff unless a bunch of people request it here: https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portals I will submit a request.

Comment

--Barry
              True but HS3 only showed you the name, which I disliked. Ideally, the directory should be browsable showing you a preview of the image and the name.
              HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
              Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
              Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
              Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
              Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
              Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
              Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

--Barry
                The list would be long .....

Comment

Hi Rich rjh ,

Any news on that . restore the ability to choose Icon from any subfolder?

Comment

Is this on the status/graphics editor page?

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                    Hi Rich rjh ,

Any news on that . restore the ability to choose Icon from any subfolder?
                    šŸ’‍ā™‚ļø Support & Customer Service šŸ™‹‍ā™‚ļø Sales Questions šŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

rjh Don't know If this is what MattL0 mean, but yes, on the status/graphics page, if you choose to change/add a graphic, in the actual HS4 we have no option to select a sub directory, all icons appearing are from the "\html\images\HomeSeer\status" directory and we can't select any other directory from that page like we used to in HS3

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
                        rjh Don't know If this is what MattL0 mean, but yes, on the status/graphics page, if you choose to change/add a graphic, in the actual HS4 we have no option to select a sub directory, all icons appearing are from the "\html\images\HomeSeer\status" directory and we can't select any other directory from that page like we used to in HS3
                        Yes this is what I meant rjh

Comment

We do have an issue logged for this and I moved it up the list. The open issue is to allow you to upload graphics to systems that are headless and its not easy to access the file system. I think that will work in this case even though you may only be moving the file if it already exists on the system running HS.

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

Yes this is what I meant rjh
                          šŸ’‍ā™‚ļø Support & Customer Service šŸ™‹‍ā™‚ļø Sales Questions šŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

So having the capacity to search for a specific graphic in any /HomeSeer/html/images subfolders from the graphic/value device page is depreciated in hs4? why?

In hs3 we had the possibility , when a file is needed for anything (audio,pictures, etc) it is possible to search and select from any folder we want directly on the hs3 server.

I know you can still do it with the old hs3 pages, but it would be nice( in hs4 ui) to retrieve all the missing functions we lost from hs3, and just forget the old hs3 pages

Comment

Working...
                            X