MyHS Homeseer not running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyHS Homeseer not running

After upgrading to HS4, I cannot get myHS to work. I have went to manage account at myhs.homeseer.com and made sure to change to the new license. I've checked to make sure the username/password for myHS is also set up as an admin account on the system and the passwords match.

In my log file locally in HS4, if I filter my myhs, I see it has connected with my correct license ID and shows that everything is fine. However, when I log in at myhs.homeseer.com, it says "Homeseer is not running".

Any ideas?

This typically indicates that a firewall is blocking access.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I don't have any firewall in place besides whatever my ISP's modem/gateway is doing. It worked fine in HS3 before the upgrade. Are there particular ports I should open?

Comment

I had a similar problem when I upgraded from HS3 to HS4. Ultimately, on the HS4 system, I deleted the login that myhs was using and then recreated it with a new password. Then I updated myhs with the new password and it all started working. Your mileage may vary but that worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by carbajc8 View Post
          After upgrading to HS4, I cannot get myHS to work. I have went to manage account at myhs.homeseer.com and made sure to change to the new license. I've checked to make sure the username/password for myHS is also set up as an admin account on the system and the passwords match.

In my log file locally in HS4, if I filter my myhs, I see it has connected with my correct license ID and shows that everything is fine. However, when I log in at myhs.homeseer.com, it says "Homeseer is not running".

Any ideas?

I had to go in to myhs manager and delete my old hs3 license and add my hs4 license. Now myhs sees my system as is indicated by it showing the proper computer name, however i still cannot connect. My windows firewall is open for the hs4 executable. Have not contacted support yet for the issue.

Comment

I was only successful in getting myHS to work when I put a port forwarding rule in my router that points port 10300 to the IP address of my Homeseer controller.

Comment

Originally posted by carbajc8 View Post
              I was only successful in getting myHS to work when I put a port forwarding rule in my router that points port 10300 to the IP address of my Homeseer controller.
              All you did there was extend your local JSON control to the Internet and bypassed the proxy service myhs provides.

Comment

I have the same problem, and have yet to get to my system from the WAN. Opening 10300 did not work, and I've tried every reboot possible. any other ideas out there?

Comment

I ended up rebuilding my Pi from scratch. The upgrade process wasn't friendly to me. Everything worked except myHS. I had to flash the memory card at least a dozen times because it would work without any config, then I'd try to restore my backup, and things would go horribly wrong again.

Ended up with a freshly flashed Pi, rebuilt my Z-Wave network from scratch, then events, etc. Full weekend project. But now I'm 100% working with NO firewall rules in place for myHS/Homeseer.

So, whatever was wrong wasn't anything to do with my firewall/network, it was something with the HS4 upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                  X