HSPhone Link in Instuctions not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSPhone Link in Instuctions not working

I was looking at the install instructions and the link about the HSPhone removal doesn't go to a page. I get:

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

The link goes to: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...00#post1369900

Also, the instructions say that HS3 and HS4 can be on the same computer, but not running at the same time, if using the same hardware. I would like to run HS3 for HSPhone and HS4 for everything else. Is this possible? Can HS3 and HS4 talk to each other?

Thank you

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
    I was looking at the install instructions...
    What install instructions? Are you referring to a document that's online somewhere?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

FWIW I am planning to keep HS3 running for HSPhone and run HS4 for new features like Node Red but I plan to use separate hardware. I think I saw a plugin that lets you exchange information across instances of Homeseer but don't remember what it is called. Not sure how much existing stuff I will migrate to HS4 or why I would need to if I keep an instance of HS3 running. I don't see any advantage to using a single hardware platform for both instances though some folks have tried it using VMs (not sure how they share port numbers and physically connected devices that way).

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        What install instructions? Are you referring to a document that's online somewhere?
        From this sticky:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...ions-downloads

It is under the removal of HSPhone
        1. HS4 does NOT support HSPhone. If you're using HSPhone and wish to upgrade, you'll need to remove all references to HSPhone from your events and you'll need to disable HSPhone before you uninstall HS3. See this post for details.

Comment

Jon00 has a great Plugin that interface between the two servers, easy to setup.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X