That is even better, thanks πŸ‘

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
      This works as well...
      Code:
      curl -f -s --data action=shutdown_hs http://localhost/system.html
      Works great ! Thanks (again) .

Comment

rjh I see 4.18.1.3 linked above for manual installation, but the HS4 setup updater only offers 4.18.1.2 which I'm already running. Before manually updating to .3, I'd like to be sure it not showing in setup doesn't indicate it's been pulled.

I'm looking for certain functionality from the HS3 setup page that may have been restored with 4.18.1.3. Thanks.
        -Wade

Comment

HS4 4.1.100.0 (Beta 4.2) has been posted for testing, see the start of this thread for details.
          πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            HS4 4.1.100.0 (Beta 4.2) has been posted for testing, see the start of this thread for details.
            rjh it really would be wise to emphasise the need for a full system backup before attempting this upgrade. The last thing you need here is for users to be dancing up and down on their keyboards if it all goes south on them.

Comment

Yes, I will add that to the release notes. There is a message there already, so now there are 2!

Originally posted by concordseer View Post

rjh it really would be wise to emphasise the need for a full system backup before attempting this upgrade. The last thing you need here is for users to be dancing up and down on their keyboards if it all goes south on them.
              πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, I will add that to the release notes. There is a message there already, so now there are 2!

Can’t say it enough times when it comes to backups πŸ˜‚ .

Also the user should try the occasional restore just to verify the integrity of the backup.

Comment

Yes, full system backup. There were two Plugins that on initiation encounters errors and the start up logs/logs are reflected below and were inert and the (CreateNewDevice):Exception... did not reoccur next start; however, JowiHue did throw a series of extra warnings relating to the current features..

Code:
                  Starting up....

5/08/2021 6:38:20 AM HomeSeer~!~Error~!~Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_SensiboClimate.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_SensiboClimate.exe: Could not load type 'Scheduler.PageTemplatePageBuilder' from assembly 'Scheduler, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

5/08/2021 6:38:52 AM JowiHue~!~Warning~!~Warning: Error thrown getting device with features on ref 10, trying to ignore and continue
                  5/08/2021 6:38:52 AM JowiHue~!~Warning~!~Warning: Error thrown getting device with features on ref 100, trying to ignore and continue
                  .... repeats
                  Startup Complete, 113 errors detected, check the log for more information.
                  Code:
                   [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#FF0000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]to HsFeature : An entry with the same key already exists. on Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeer.PluginSdk.IHsController.GetDeviceWithFeaturesByRef( Int32 devRef) at HSPI_Big5HS4.HSPI.GetOrCreateDeviceByName(String deviceName, Big5Type type, Boolean skipDeviceCreation, Int32 big5ProfileId, Nullable`1 storedProfiledeviceRef) at HSPI_Big5HS4.HSPI.HandleIncommingMessage(Big5Connection con, Big5Message msg, Big5Profile profile, Big5Type type)[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]
                      [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#FF0000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]8/05/2021 06:39:05[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/LEFT]
                   [COLOR=#FF0000][FONT="B612 Mono"]JowiHue[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#FF0000][FONT="B612 Mono"]Error[/FONT][/COLOR] [FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#FF0000]Error: (CreateNewDevice):Exception while executing GetDeviceWithFeaturesByRef - devRef : 384 - message : Error while converting 387 to HsFeature : An entry with the same key already exists.[/COLOR][/FONT]  [LEFT][FONT=B612 Mono][COLOR=#FF0000][FONT=Roboto][SIZE=16px]8/05/2021 06:39:05 [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#FF0000][FONT="B612 Mono"]JowiHue [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000][FONT="B612 Mono"]Error [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000][FONT="B612 Mono"]Error: (CreateNewDevice):Exception while executing GetDeviceWithFeaturesByRef - devRef : 368 - message : Error while converting 370 to HsFeature : An entry with the same key already exists.[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
                  Subsequent restart
                  Code:
                  5/08/2021 7:04:57 AM JowiHue~!~Info~!~Both devices are pointing to the same group. It is advised to remove the device holding feature ref:377
                  5/08/2021 7:04:57 AM JowiHue~!~Warning~!~Warning: please check Office Room (On/Off/Dim) ref: 383 and Office Room ref: 382
                  5/08/2021 7:04:57 AM JowiHue~!~Info~!~Both devices are pointing to the same group. It is advised to remove the device holding feature ref:382
                  5/08/2021 7:04:57 AM JowiHue~!~Warning~!~Warning: please check Powder Room (On/Off/Dim) ref: 387 and Powder Room ref: 386
                  5/08/2021 7:04:57 AM JowiHue~!~Info~!~Both devices are pointing to the same group. It is advised to remove the device holding feature ref:386
                  5/08/2021 7:04:57 AM JowiHue~!~Warning~!~Warning: The all lights feature of deCONZ for device All Lights Conbee 2 (On/Off/Dim) is not longer supported!
                  5/08/2021 7:04:57 AM JowiHue~!~Warning~!~Warning: Please check if you have any events running on All Lights Conbee 2 (On/Off/Dim) and remove this device?

Comment

I also have some issues with the beta.

Will load a 4.1.17.0 backup since I got to many device wrongly added with the beta (see last picture)

@w.vuyk

edit: deactivating the plugin for the first boot Β« resolved Β» the issue.

Attached Files

Comment

rjh
                      I seem to have an issue with a POST to one of my registered html pages. The GET works but POST results in an error 404.
                      Has anything changed with respect to the webserver, GET versus POST?

Comment

This is the first time I used the Setup page to update HS. Previously it was always in response to the popup when HS starts on Windows. In both cases today on the 4.1.100.0 update my computer restarted. I had expected, at most, that HS would restart. It also left a browser page pending with URL http://localhost/countdown.html?time...l=devices.html that eventually timed-out after the restart and then got 404 error since HS was not restarted automatically after the update.

Seems like a more elegant approach to update should exist rather than restarting the computer and providing no warning needing user confirmation of the restart that was coming. Good potential for lost WIP with the unexpected restart.

Comment

After installing 4.1.100.0 I got the following errors in the log:

5-8-2021 07:42:57 SmartThings~!~Error~!~Exception while executing GetDeviceWithFeaturesByRef - devRef : 3505 - message : Error while converting 3507 to HsFeature : An entry with the same key already exists.
                          5-8-2021 07:42:57 SmartThings~!~Error~!~Exception while executing GetDeviceWithFeaturesByRef - devRef : 3505 - message : Error while converting 3507 to HsFeature : An entry with the same key already exists.

However, a subsequent restart was clean, without any errors. Not sure what it means.

devRef 3505 is the root device of a Samsung TV, created and controlled by the HS4 SmartThings plugin. Ref 3507 is a feature of this device, "Audio Volime".

EDIT: Maybe I should have read the first post more closely: "* On first startup after installing this version you may see some errors in the log when plugins start. After startup has completed restart your system and the errors should be gone." Thanks!
                          stefxx

Comment

rjh the link to the release notes of the latest beta is not configured correctly.

---
                            John

Comment

rjh
                              Running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

Should this version restart HS after a reinstall of the latest beta (4.1.100.0 installed)? At least this is not working for me.

What will be the location of the tar file in case I removed the original one?

---
                              John

Comment

rjh

Is it possible to make the items in the bulk edit drop down consistent with the text in the general part of the feature?

Hide from Mobile view
                                Show in Mobile view
                                Hide from all views or Show in all views
                                Include in all views

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_bulk edit.PNG
Views:	254
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	1487754
                                ---
                                John
                                Attached Files