Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 Beta 4.1.100.0 (4.2 Beta) is available

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    What you are highlighting is the drag icon. You should be able to click that and drag the row. On the desktop you can drag from most anywhere on the row but on mobile you can only drag from that drag icon.

    Originally posted by John245 View Post
    rjh
    What should happen in case I select the highlighted (yellow) icon.

    I can not select. Under which conditions will it be selectable?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Selected icon.PNG
Views:	265
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	1488035
    ---
    John
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

    Comment


      #77
      rjh
      First of all I want to say that I like the 4.2 beta. As the goal of the 4.2 version is to cleanup the UI I focused my testing on the interface and to the items mentioned in the release notes.

      For your ease I summarized the results of my testing in the table below. I will post updated versions of this table in the future in this thread or any other relevant thread.
      Issue# Issue type Description Status Criticality Link(s) Comment(s)
      1 Bug Link to release notes not configured correctly Fixed Minor https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1487724#post1487724
      2 Bug Re-install on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS will not restart HomeSeer Open Critical https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1487730#post1487730 Other users has the same issues, see post 48
      3 FR Harmonize items in bulk edit drop down menu with text in general part of feature Open Minor https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1487752#post1487752 Indicated by Rich that this is possible and that it does make sense (post 34)
      4 FR Add additional actions to the bulk actions Open Major https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1487759#post1487759 Indicated by Rich that this is a good idea and that these can be added (post 35)
      5 Bug Consistent use of capital letters Open Minor https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1487774#post1487774
      6 FR Search results not following site settings Open Minor https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1487848#post1487848
      7 FR Addition of multiple select for display type Open Minor https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1487852#post1487852
      8 Bug More than 5 status only devices can be selected for the grid view Open Major https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1487860#post1487860
      9 Bug Preventing of finding the system is not working properly Open Major https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1487943#post1487943 User is doing additional tests
      10 Bug Logon to Linux tools not possible on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Open Major https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1488003#post1488003
      11 FR Tooltips missing for icons device feature page Open Minor https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1488042#post1488042
      12 Bug No action will be executed when pressing the icon with 9 squares on the device feature page Open Major https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1488034#post1488034
      13 FR Rewrite Event page to look and feel of the feature page Open Major https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1488037#post1488037




















































      ---
      John

      Comment


        #78
        Yes, we had that in HS3. With the method we are using for the features it would be pretty easy to allow you to drag the event actions.

        Originally posted by John245 View Post
        rjh
        Can you rewrite the Event page and make it look and feel like the features page.

        I like the fact that I can drag and drop the features. Would be helpful if that is also possible with the event actions.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Features.PNG
Views:	290
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	1488038
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Events.PNG
Views:	271
Size:	564.0 KB
ID:	1488039

        ---
        John
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

        Comment


          #79
          Originally posted by rjh View Post
          What you are highlighting is the drag icon. You should be able to click that and drag the row. On the desktop you can drag from most anywhere on the row but on mobile you can only drag from that drag icon.


          Thanks for the explanation. I only tested on desktop and already noticed that you can drag and drop.

          ---
          John

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by rjh View Post
            Yes, we had that in HS3. With the method we are using for the features it would be pretty easy to allow you to drag the event actions.


            I think a lot of desktop users will like it if this will be added.

            ---
            John

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by rjh View Post
              The problem is with the check_passwd program in the HS folder, it's probably compiled for ARM. I will check and include one for X86. But if you have a different CPU you will need to compile the check_passwd.c file. Can you compile that file and see if you can then log in?


              I have an
              Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz,
              No idea how to compile. I will wait till the correct version is included.

              ---
              John

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by John245 View Post

                I think a lot of desktop users will like it if this will be added.

                ---
                John
                +1

                Comment


                  #83
                  Is there a way to step back from v .100 to v .18? If I run the installer (.msi) it refuses to step back to an older version. Tried to delete the executables but that didn't allow it either.
                  I still am 100% stuck on POST functions that are not working anymore and decided to revisit it in .18 but now can't go back ..
                  Help?

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                    Is there a way to step back from v .100 to v .18? If I run the installer (.msi) it refuses to step back to an older version. Tried to delete the executables but that didn't allow it either.
                    I still am 100% stuck on POST functions that are not working anymore and decided to revisit it in .18 but now can't go back ..
                    Help?
                    Dirk,

                    You need to change the installed version in the registry but I have need to do this for a while.

                    Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\
                    Serach criteria HS4

                    Old version decimal value for 18.0 = 67176200

                    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-msi-installer
                    Last edited by brientim; August 6, 2021, 04:47 PM. Reason: Updated to 18.0

                    Comment


                      #85
                      In event editing the Insert Action & Delete end up in the same column. Seems to be a sizing issue. If make the window smaller or larger the buttons are correct locations.

                      HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.100.0, Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - Work Station, OS Version Click image for larger version  Name:	Button Sort Error.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	1488131 6.1.7601

                      Jim

                      Comment


                        #86
                        spud

                        Spud, I went back to v .18 and the POST is working properly. Back to .100 and it all failed. Maybe you can share what you tried but what I do is an .ajax JQuery call using type POST (and there are no more URL parameters, I removed those with no improvement). There are at least 2 changes and I can't figure out where:

                        1/ when the html Javascript code calls .ajax with a URL like Sonos4/sonos-init.html in version .18 the call becomes http://xx../Sonos4/sonos-init.html so JQuery completes the URL, i would think based on the Origin information. In v .100 the URL becomes http://xx../Sonos4/Sonos4/sonos-init.html did we step up the JQuery version?

                        2/ I can fix the issue above by change the URL and add "/" so it becomes /Sonos4/sonos-init.html which subsequently results in a proper URL http://xx../Sonos4/sonos-init.html however it still appears to fail with an error 404.

                        Any guidance highly appreciated, I can't trace the webserver but something related to POST and AJAX has changed either on client side (JQuery changes) or server side.

                        Suggestions? I think you can try it out on your side by installing the PI, and click on the Sonos menu "Accept" and go through the stepper function. Should work in v.18 but fail in .100

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by spud View Post

                          there has been a change with POST requests to pages that are NOT registered
                          what is the name of your page, and do you register it using RegisterFeaturePage() ?
                          what were the changes?

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by jrbaldwin View Post
                            In event editing the Insert Action & Delete end up in the same column. Seems to be a sizing issue. If make the window smaller or larger the buttons are correct locations.

                            HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.100.0, Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - Work Station, OS Version Click image for larger version Name:	Button Sort Error.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	1488131 6.1.7601

                            Jim
                            May be because you have modified pages?...Mine scale down to really tiny :


                            Version
                            HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.100.0 (Linux)


                            MONO Version
                            Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.122 (tarball Mon Feb 22 17:44:05 UTC 2021)




                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Event.png
Views:	216
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1488158
                            Eman.

                            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by John245 View Post

                              I have an
                              Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz,
                              No idea how to compile. I will wait till the correct version is included.

                              ---
                              John
                              Compiled the check_passwd program on linux with a 2700x amd cpu

                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                                spud

                                Spud, I went back to v .18 and the POST is working properly. Back to .100 and it all failed. Maybe you can share what you tried but what I do is an .ajax JQuery call using type POST (and there are no more URL parameters, I removed those with no improvement). There are at least 2 changes and I can't figure out where:

                                1/ when the html Javascript code calls .ajax with a URL like Sonos4/sonos-init.html in version .18 the call becomes http://xx../Sonos4/sonos-init.html so JQuery completes the URL, i would think based on the Origin information. In v .100 the URL becomes http://xx../Sonos4/Sonos4/sonos-init.html did we step up the JQuery version?

                                2/ I can fix the issue above by change the URL and add "/" so it becomes /Sonos4/sonos-init.html which subsequently results in a proper URL http://xx../Sonos4/sonos-init.html however it still appears to fail with an error 404.

                                Any guidance highly appreciated, I can't trace the webserver but something related to POST and AJAX has changed either on client side (JQuery changes) or server side.

                                Suggestions? I think you can try it out on your side by installing the PI, and click on the Sonos menu "Accept" and go through the stepper function. Should work in v.18 but fail in .100
                                I reproduced the problem using your plugin, and there are 2 issues:

                                (1) you need to add "/" to your url post requests so that they are posted to http://xx../Sonos4/sonos-init.html

                                (2) it seems that you call UnregisterFeaturePage just after the user clicks the accept button in the first step, so that all the subsequent posts fail because the page is no longer registered. The page needs to stay registered as long as it is used

                                It was working with v.18 because this version was more forgiving and all posts were passed to plugins even if the pages were not registered, this is no longer the case.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X