X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dcorsus
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post

We decided to keep allowing to register several pages with the same html page but with different query parameters
    i.e

HomeSeerSystem.RegisterFeaturePage(Id, "sample-blank.html?id=1", "Sample Blank Page 1");
    HomeSeerSystem.RegisterFeaturePage(Id, "sample-blank.html?id=2", "Sample Blank Page 2");

And we fixed the HS web server so that a post request to a html page with or without query parameters are passed to the plugin as long as the html page has been registered at least once (with or without query parameters)

i.e post to any of the 4 following urls are passed to the plugin.

/HomeSeerSamplePlugin/sample-blank.html?id=1
    /HomeSeerSamplePlugin/sample-blank.html?id=2
    /HomeSeerSamplePlugin/sample-blank.html?foo=bar
    /HomeSeerSamplePlugin/sample-blank.html

Ah excellent, thanks for the update!

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

spud
    SOLVED: Ok I found the issue why this link wasn't working, not sure when I broke it :-(
    However still curious to hear what the internal discussion led to ....
    We decided to keep allowing to register several pages with the same html page but with different query parameters
    i.e

HomeSeerSystem.RegisterFeaturePage(Id, "sample-blank.html?id=1", "Sample Blank Page 1");
    HomeSeerSystem.RegisterFeaturePage(Id, "sample-blank.html?id=2", "Sample Blank Page 2");

And we fixed the HS web server so that a post request to a html page with or without query parameters are passed to the plugin as long as the html page has been registered at least once (with or without query parameters)

i.e post to any of the 4 following urls are passed to the plugin.

/HomeSeerSamplePlugin/sample-blank.html?id=1
    /HomeSeerSamplePlugin/sample-blank.html?id=2
    /HomeSeerSamplePlugin/sample-blank.html?foo=bar
    /HomeSeerSamplePlugin/sample-blank.html

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied

spud

rjh

See posting #102 in this thread and before

Picking this topic back up because I see I still have an issue, now in R4.2
    In one of my tabs (Settings->UPNP), for each player there is an "info" icon, which is a href to exmaple 192.168.1.26:81/Sonos4/sonos-upnp-devices-table.html?UDN=RINCON_347E5C00D79101400

My first mistake, which I just fixed is that this page wasn't registered, so it worked up till your recent changes. When I however register the sonos-upnp-devices-table.html URL it will work if you do a get without parameters but not when I add ?UDN=RINCON_347E5C00D79101400

You guys were going to discuss this internally, and I believe you should fix it because parameters have nothing to do with URI, whether get or post for that matter (in my mind :-))

Comments?
    spud
    SOLVED: Ok I found the issue why this link wasn't working, not sure when I broke it :-(
    However still curious to hear what the internal discussion led to ....

Leave a comment:

• dcorsus
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post

I see the problem, we will discuss this internally and get back to you.
    spud

rjh

See posting #102 in this thread and before

Picking this topic back up because I see I still have an issue, now in R4.2
    In one of my tabs (Settings->UPNP), for each player there is an "info" icon, which is a href to exmaple 192.168.1.26:81/Sonos4/sonos-upnp-devices-table.html?UDN=RINCON_347E5C00D79101400

My first mistake, which I just fixed is that this page wasn't registered, so it worked up till your recent changes. When I however register the sonos-upnp-devices-table.html URL it will work if you do a get without parameters but not when I add ?UDN=RINCON_347E5C00D79101400

You guys were going to discuss this internally, and I believe you should fix it because parameters have nothing to do with URI, whether get or post for that matter (in my mind :-))

Comments?

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    What specific API changes were made to select the features to be displayed?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	209
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	1490542
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Can you show me the list view of that device? That display does not look right. For each feature it should be displaying the name and status as well as the controls. Maybe that feature does not have a name assigned to it?

There are new API's so you can set features to display by default if you want.

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    I just stared looking at the change notes at the top of this thread. It states

Highlights:

* For the grid view you can now specify which features you want to display on the grid, up to 2 features with controls and up to 5 status only features

I took a look at a random device and see the following:

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	221
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	1490528

There are two Controls buttons, but how does the user select what controls are displayed? Is it a developer capability that was added and it so what API changes were made? What exists now as shown in the screenshot does not make sense to me to know what I might be controlling in this device.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I just stared looking at the change notes at the top of this thread. It states

Highlights:

* For the grid view you can now specify which features you want to display on the grid, up to 2 features with controls and up to 5 status only features

I took a look at a random device and see the following:

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	221
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	1490528

There are two Controls buttons, but how does the user select what controls are displayed? Is it a developer capability that was added and it so what API changes were made? What exists now as shown in the screenshot does not make sense to me to know what I might be controlling in this device.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    HS4 4.1.101.0 has been posted:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...e-is-available

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Yes, I figured it out, it should not have been using the primary ref. I put in a fix.

not sure I understand but if you look at the attached html code, you see the use of primary reference for image right there! Yes this is the code for the media card .

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post

That's what it seems like. I fact I have had tablets crash if I didn't close the video streams, almost as if it causes a memory leak.

It will be interesting to see if you get the same results after closing the screens.
    I can't figure out how to close the screen when using the "return to the main screen at xx of activity". So I created an event that simply closes the video stream screen every 5 minutes. That is not a good solution as that will show the "previous" screen instead of staying on the current or main screen, but it does resolve the slowing down of the client.

So I agree that the issue is being caused by not closing the video stream screen.

rjh any thoughts? Should I create a ticket for this?

Leave a comment:

• jgreenberg01
    replied
    Originally posted by stefxx View Post
    Thanks jgreenberg01 very useful information. I'll start playing with it tonight.

I am not closing the video screen either, it just times out to the main screen after a minute or so. I guess that keeps the stream open??
    That's what it seems like. I fact I have had tablets crash if I didn't close the video streams, almost as if it causes a memory leak.

It will be interesting to see if you get the same results after closing the screens.

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Thanks jgreenberg01 very useful information. I'll start playing with it tonight.

I am not closing the video screen either, it just times out to the main screen after a minute or so. I guess that keeps the stream open??

Leave a comment:

• jgreenberg01
    replied
    Originally posted by stefxx View Post

I think I've found it... or at least the direction where the problems is. When someone rings at the door or motion is detected, I have an event to "Switch to Screen" for my clients to a video window, showing the front door camera. I disabled that 2 days ago and HStouch remains stable until now. Not sure if it is the event or the video stream that is causing it to slow down... but there has been more activity at the front door so that does explain why I am seeing this only recently.

Any thoughts on this on how to troubleshoot? Thanks!
    Put a "No soliciting" sign at the front of the house?

My system does something similar: at front door motion, it loops through the clients and switches to the front door camera screen on every tablet that is "opted-in" for that function. 30 seconds later it loops through and returns the tablets to the screen they had originally been on.

It slowed everything down substantially.

I realized that I was not closing the video screen, just showing the new screen by itself. When I added a step to close the video screen first, then open the original screen, it started behaving better.

It's not 100% yet, but it is better than it was. Still a work in progress, but that was definitely part of the problem.

As always, YMMV.

Leave a comment:

• stefxx
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    No changes to HSTouch. I have 5 HSTouch clients running and I have not noticed any changes. Are there any errors in the log? Is the HS4 UI slow? It might be something using resources. If you restart HS4 are things then faster?
    Note that devices created to mimic your HS timers will update every second. That could cause a lot of updates. If you don't need the HS devices, you can delete those or mark them has hidden so they don't send updates to HSTouch.
    I think I've found it... or at least the direction where the problems is. When someone rings at the door or motion is detected, I have an event to "Switch to Screen" for my clients to a video window, showing the front door camera. I disabled that 2 days ago and HStouch remains stable until now. Not sure if it is the event or the video stream that is causing it to slow down... but there has been more activity at the front door so that does explain why I am seeing this only recently.

Any thoughts on this on how to troubleshoot? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• concordseer
    replied
    Originally posted by John245 View Post

you installed the .1 version? What are the differences with the .0 version?

---
    John
    Installed version

Current Version: 4.1.100.0

I was just reporting that I installed the above and everything looks fine. Haven’t had the time to look too deeply into yet. No major shocks so far 😆

Leave a comment:

Working...
X