Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Beta 4.1.100.0 (4.2 Beta) is available

Changes in 4.1.100.0:

This release is a Beta release of 4.2 and is posted for you to try out and give feedback. The goal of this release was to clean up the UI and make the system easier to use. See the release notes for a full list of changes.

Highlights:

* For the grid view you can now specify which features you want to display on the grid, up to 2 features with controls and up to 5 status only features
    * In the device properties the features tab allows you to rearrange the features display order, select whether a feature is to be displayed or not, or hidden
    * When clicking on a device in grid view it brings up a list view of all features so they can be controlled or edited. This is the same view as the devices list view
    * Colors of buttons have been changed and are now consistent
    * New pop-up message dialogs
    * New checking for saved changes and warned if leaving a page or tab with unsaved changes
    * You can hide Beta plugins on the plugins page
    * In the device properties the Save/Cancel buttons now float so no scrolling is needed to save changes
    * New layout for device properties
    * New layout for backup/restore page
    * New setup wizard that walks a new user through setting up the system

Known Issues:

* On first startup after installing this version you may see some errors in the log when plugins start. After startup has completed restart your system and the errors should be gone.

Full list of changes is here: 4.1.100.0 Release Notes

As with all BETA software, please make sure you do a full backup of your system in case you need to go back for any reason!

Changes in 4.1.18.2:

* Fixed log not displaying properly (broken in 4.1.18.1)
    * Added buttons in setup to display release notes

Changes in 4.1.18.1:

* The older HS3 interfaces page has been restored. This was removed in 4.1.18.0. For now, we are not removing the older HS3 pages as some are used by existing HS3 utilities.

Installing:

Before installing any Beta it is a good idea to back up your system!

* You can install this Beta from within HS4, just go to the General page in Setup (Windows or Linux)

If you would like to manually install the Windows version, the installer is here:

https://homeseer.com/updates4/SetupHS4_4_1_100_0.msi

The Linux tar file is here:

https://homeseer.com/updates4/linux_4_1_100_0.tar.gz
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Tried updating from 4.1.17.0 to 4.1.18.0 previously but failed.

Update from 4.1.17.0 to 4.1.18.2 which appeared to implement but at about 60 seconds to go reverts back to 4.1.7.0.

The only changes I have made to HS4 is change country from US to UK.

Rpi3 running from SD card and Z-Wave plug-in, two virtual devices which switch between day and night at sunset/sunrise.

Cheers

Jo

Comment

I think the update procedure for Linux is supposed to be fixed in the upcoming 4.1.19 or later.

Comment

Thanks avpman,

However updates appear on HS4 Linux setup screen which I followed.

Cheers Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Jo View Post
          Thanks avpman,

However updates appear on HS4 Linux setup screen which I followed.

Cheers Jo
          Yup, the update appears on the setup page but the installer doesn't work properly - yet. You have to download the HS4 software and manually install it on Linux for now. It is easy if you have a little more than basic Linux command experience. If not, I'd wait until the installer is fixed.

Comment

Have used HS since 1999 via HS1 > HS2 > HS3 and now HS4 and have waited some considerable time to have a working HS4 system I can test before going live. I have a live HS3 and a test HS4 on Rpi3 and two paid for licences.

Or maybe a note stating "Don't use this update procedure unless you are a Linux EXPERT" I have learned a lot about Linux to change date and decimal format to a non US. Not prepared to be the guinea pig. Most of the time seems to be spent on many plug-ins that are not mainstream. I have a Rpi3 running HS4 with a Z-Wave plug-in. Two events turning two virtual devices on and off at sunset/sunrise. Nothing stressing HS4.

To date I have to change config file to alter date/time/decimal/location format to non US every time there is an update.

Hoping updates will be more meaningful to us NON LINUX experts.

Cheers

Jo

Comment

I had the event system freeze with 100% load .
              2times since this release.

I think I will go back to 4.1.17

Comment

Can you please bring back the /LinuxTools page too?
                I use http://127.0.0.1/LinuxTools to post a shutdown command for a proper shutdown when stopping HS as a service. This is not working anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by RMB View Post
                  I use http://127.0.0.1/LinuxTools to post a shutdown command for a proper shutdown when stopping HS as a service. This is not working anymore.
                  +1 , could you provide a simpler api to call to do a proper shutdown?

Comment

How are you calling this API? From a Linux script? You could run an event from the JSON API and that event can run a script that will do a shutdown. Would this work? Or is a simple URL preferred?

Comment

I was calling this API from a linux script, but using a json call could work too, did not think of that.
                      I am going to try your suggestion, thanks.

Comment

What script command can I use to shutdown HS?
                        I have found IHSController.Shutdown() but that is not working...

Comment

I tried this script on our PI Hub and it shut down HS:

Code:
                          Sub Main(parm as object)
                          hs.Shutdown()
                          End Sub
                          So you could trigger the event from JSON using the "runevent" request like:

Code:
                          http://system/json?request=runevent&name=EVENT_TO_RUN
                          What script command can I use to shutdown HS?
                          I have found IHSController.Shutdown() but that is not working...

Comment

I have changed my scripts and this is working fine now.
                            Thanks!

Comment

This works as well...
                              Code:
                              curl -f -s --data action=shutdown_hs http://localhost/system.html

Comment

Working...
                              X