No announcement yet.

HS4 Beta 4.2.0.5 is available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the Add Category button work for anyone? It doesn't work for me on any of my PC browsers. It does work on my Cell using FF but ONLY if there is an existing category.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-09-11_15-01-19.png
Views:	330
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	1495190
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

Agreed, a lot of the history is already in this thread. Has anyone logged a support ticket for the problem? If so, what was HS' response? Thanks!
      not logged but Rich wrote this: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...43#post1490043

---
      John

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
        rjh I think I've hit a major issue with this beta. When my plugin create a device with a set of features, some of the features do no longer show up in the device list (but they do when looking at /deviceutility). I have triple checked that the relationship status is correct (Root vs Child) and the Associated devices looks fine too (device/root and feature/child point to each other).

This is what seems to happen, but is it difficult to find a rhythm to it...
        - Create the device - shows correctly
        - Create first feature - no features are shown
        - Create second feature - only the first feature is shown
        - Create third feature - first and third features are shown
        - Create fourth feature - first, third and fourth features are shown
        - Create fifth feature - first, third, fourth and fifth features are shown
        - etc

Going back to 4.2.0.0 and all of the above works correct again.
        I have been able to duplicate this bug with other plugins as well, so it is not just my pligins. For instance, the mcsMQTT plugin has exactly the same behaviour. I have reports from at least one other user as well. Could this please not be ignored? Thanks!
        stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by HansSchouten View Post
          ** BUG ** HS Beta 4.2.0.5 Plugin add page.

When you select Legacy plugin BLUPS you are installing plugin BL1wire
          Selecting BLTEDpro installs plugin Automate Pulse Hub v2
          Selecting BLtouchString install plugin BLAlarm

Probably ther are more wrong links....

This was ok with V4.2.0
          Rich, please look into this. The plugin page has more than 30 wrong links! These plugins cannot be installed.
          Attached Files

Comment

I have been able to duplicate this bug with other plugins as well, so it is not just my pligins. For instance, the mcsMQTT plugin has exactly the same behaviour. I have reports from at least one other user as well. Could this please not be ignored? Thanks!
            Yep, I'm experiencing the same thing.
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by HansSchouten View Post

Rich, please look in to this. The plugin page has more than 10 wrong links!
              rjh Rich, regarding the incorrect links within the plugin tiles, the issue appears to be that the onclick 'selected_id' entry is blank for HS3 plugins. Therefore the onclick event is just using the 'selected_version'. As there are several plugins with the same version number, this is causing the issue. For example, pressing BLUPS (V2.0.26) finds BL1WIRE (V2.0.26) first.
              Jon

Comment

rjh I think I've hit a major issue with this beta. When my plugin create a device with a set of features, some of the features do no longer show up in the device list (but they do when looking at /deviceutility). I have triple checked that the relationship status is correct (Root vs Child) and the Associated devices looks fine too (device/root and feature/child point to each other).

This is what seems to happen, but is it difficult to find a rhythm to it...
                - Create the device - shows correctly
                - Create first feature - no features are shown
                - Create second feature - only the first feature is shown
                - Create third feature - first and third features are shown
                - Create fourth feature - first, third and fourth features are shown
                - Create fifth feature - first, third, fourth and fifth features are shown
                - etc

Going back to 4.2.0.0 and all of the above works correct again.
                rjh Rich this is a biggy I can confirm it with an HS4 plugin I am currently developing.
                After upgrading to 4.2.0.5 when creating HS4 new devices some of the Features and controls are missing in list and tile view.
                Seems random to me but might be in order that stefxx reports above. In my case different features are missing from identical devices.
                Switch to HS3 /deviceutility page and they are all there.
                Downgrade back to 4.2.0.0 and all Features are created correctly.

Steve

Comment

rjh Same with Sonos4 pluging. After deleting and recreating a device one feature is missing, in my case it is volume. The features is there because the media card has a working volume control.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

rjh Rich this is a biggy I can confirm it with an HS4 plugin I am currently developing.
                    After upgrading to 4.2.0.5 when creating HS4 new devices some of the Features and controls are missing in list and tile view.
                    Seems random to me but might be in order that stefxx reports above. In my case different features are missing from identical devices.

Steve
                    rjh Rich, just to add to my PM last week, you can no longer select control devices in events which were on root devices created by HS3 plugins and scripts. Also, hs.DeviceScriptButton_AddButton device controls do not show in events.

Both are still available via /deviceutility and /events
                    Jon

Comment

Almost all the issues with hs4 seems related to html5 . I donโ€™t remember seeing that kinf od bugs on hs3 event on betas.

Is it possible that hst is not confortable with html5? I would hire an html guy id this is the case, we canโ€™t be good at everything

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                        Almost all the issues with hs4 seems related to html5 . I donโ€™t remember seeing that kinf od bugs on hs3 event on betas.

Is it possible that hst is not confortable with html5? I would hire an html guy id this is the case, we canโ€™t be good at everything
                        These are betas, have patience, things are moving in the right direction๐Ÿ˜Š

Comment

If you go into the device properties, features tab, are the features listed there? I suspect there is an issue with the device order, which is something that ware recently worked on. Can you email me your devices.json file and tell me which device is missing features? I can then recreate and fix pretty quickly.

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

Steve
                          ๐Ÿ’‍โ™‚๏ธ Support & Customer Service ๐Ÿ™‹‍โ™‚๏ธ Sales Questions ๐Ÿ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Which issue are you referring too? I am not aware of any HTML 5 issues? We use a third party framework (MDBootstrap) that handles all the HTML.

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

๐Ÿ’‍โ™‚๏ธ Support & Customer Service ๐Ÿ™‹‍โ™‚๏ธ Sales Questions ๐Ÿ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Do you know if this is a new issue with 4.2.0.5? Was is ok with 4.2? I will test this and put in a fix, I know it worked in 4.1.18.0.

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

rjh Rich, just to add to my PM last week, you can no longer select control devices in events which were on root devices created by HS3 plugins and scripts. Also, hs.DeviceScriptButton_AddButton device controls do not show in events.

Both are still available via /deviceutility and /events

Comment

Ok, will have a look, probably something with the redesign of that page.

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

rjh Rich, regarding the incorrect links within the plugin tiles, the issue appears to be that the onclick 'selected_id' entry is blank for HS3 plugins. Therefore the onclick event is just using the 'selected_version'. As there are several plugins with the same version number, this is causing the issue. For example, pressing BLUPS (V2.0.26) finds BL1WIRE (V2.0.26) first.

Comment

Working...
                                X