Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 Beta 4.2.0.5 is available

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    If you go into the device properties, features tab, are the features listed there? I suspect there is an issue with the device order, which is something that ware recently worked on. Can you email me your devices.json file and tell me which device is missing features? I can then recreate and fix pretty quickly
    It doesn't show at the features tab. It does at the status/graphics tab. And going to the device properties is all it takes to resolve it. Without saving anything, all the features show after visiting the device properties page

    I think you've already received a few devices.json files, but if you need more let me know.
    stefxx

    Comment


      #77
      Found the issue and put in a fix.

      Originally posted by stefxx View Post

      It doesn't show at the features tab. It does at the status/graphics tab. And going to the device properties is all it takes to resolve it. Without saving anything, all the features show after visiting the device properties page

      I think you've already received a few devices.json files, but if you need more let me know.
      πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by stefxx View Post

        It doesn't show at the features tab. It does at the status/graphics tab. And going to the device properties is all it takes to resolve it. Without saving anything, all the features show after visiting the device properties page

        I think you've already received a few devices.json files, but if you need more let me know.
        That doesn't seem to work for me.
        RJ_Make On YouTube

        Comment


          #79
          I have fixed this issue. Should post an update tomorrow with most reported issues fixed.

          Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post

          That doesn't seem to work for me.
          πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by rjh View Post
            Which issue are you referring too? I am not aware of any HTML 5 issues? We use a third party framework (MDBootstrap) that handles all the HTML.


            Ok then, I am not sure if this html issue. Maybe hs3 had more specific control with the hs3 design ui , and things are more generic and more dependant off the client side of thing.

            But I am referring to the ui changes since hs3 and all the issues that have come with it. I am short in ressources here because of life events, but what come to my mind now are those 3 specifics examples :

            - When you have 2 (or more) events tabs open in a browser , and they are open for editing..if you edit one event , it will affect all the other events opened in some way( unwanted changes is happening to unedited events, and this is screwing up events ) So I guess the bootstrapping here is not browser tab independent.

            - You need to edit many settings twice. This is not fun when you save a complex event and you have to start editing from the beginning. I can tell that when this is happening, the page header is broken at the top ( so I can see it will happen if I am attentive to that).

            - It seems like some internal api are somewhat embbebed into the web interface (from my understanding) . That was maybe the case with hs3, and it is wrapped up to another call to works with hs4 ui…
            I have seen recently that the dim fonction called from native event actions is not working for some of my virtual devices, but on/off action still works .
            The workaround for this is the use of easy trigger action β€˜β€™ set device to expression’’ . I guess this is completly bypassing the ui dependence, and directly control device via capi. Edit : Thinking about it , I am not sure if this is a control/trigger (maybe both) issue for dims.. but the logic is the same and easytrigger can provide a workaround for both.

            Sorry for spelling mistakes, not native english speaker, and I am writing this from iPhone se 2.

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by rjh View Post
              Sounds like you Linux users (non HomeTroller) really don't want to restart your system. By default I won't restart if I am not running on a HomeTroller. I will add a Labs setting so you can force a restart if needed. I am sure there will be some that would prefer a restart. I think on an RPI a restart is better as it might free up some memory.


              I agree. Sometime I want to restart the pc. Sometimes only want to restart the HomeSeer systemd service.

              Comment


                #82
                I am seeing some page update issues on IOS and it sounds like you are using IOS so this may be what you are seeing.

                With HS3 we wrote all of the HTML from scratch, but in HS4 most of it is provided by the framework we are using. There is a learning curve there and we are working through it.

                Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

                Ok then, I am not sure if this html issue. Maybe hs3 had more specific control with the hs3 design ui , and things are more generic and more dependant off the client side of thing.

                But I am referring to the ui changes since hs3 and all the issues that have come with it. I am short in ressources here because of life events, but what come to my mind now are those 3 specifics examples :

                - When you have 2 (or more) events tabs open in a browser , and they are open for editing..if you edit one event , it will affect all the other events opened in some way( unwanted changes is happening to unedited events, and this is screwing up events ) So I guess the bootstrapping here is not browser tab independent.

                - You need to edit many settings twice. This is not fun when you save a complex event and you have to start editing from the beginning. I can tell that when this is happening, the page header is broken at the top ( so I can see it will happen if I am attentive to that).

                - It seems like some internal api are somewhat embbebed into the web interface (from my understanding) . That was maybe the case with hs3, and it is wrapped up to another call to works with hs4 ui…
                I have seen recently that the dim fonction called from native event actions is not working for some of my virtual devices, but on/off action still works .
                The workaround for this is the use of easy trigger action β€˜β€™ set device to expression’’ . I guess this is completly bypassing the ui dependence, and directly control device via capi. Edit : Thinking about it , I am not sure if this is a control/trigger (maybe both) issue for dims.. but the logic is the same and easytrigger can provide a workaround for both.

                Sorry for spelling mistakes, not native english speaker, and I am writing this from iPhone se 2.
                πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

                Comment


                  #83
                  I have installed beta 4.2.0.5 on windows.
                  But the log is still in 24 hours format, even when it's not selected in setup.
                  Or does this means something else?
                  HS-1025 24 hour clock format is no longer available for log

                  Comment


                    #84
                    I checked my windows system and the log is in 12 hr format, so it should be in 12 hr. However, if your regional settings are set to 24HR for the time, that would affect the format. Is that possible in your case?

                    Originally posted by Paul32 View Post
                    I have installed beta 4.2.0.5 on windows.
                    But the log is still in 24 hours format, even when it's not selected in setup.
                    Or does this means something else?
                    HS-1025 24 hour clock format is no longer available for log
                    πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      I checked my windows system and the log is in 12 hr format, so it should be in 12 hr. However, if your regional settings are set to 24HR for the time, that would affect the format. Is that possible in your case?


                      My windows 10 homeseer server has a regional setting of 24Hrs with a date setting d-M-yyyy.
                      Homeseer log display's that as M-d-yyyy. Why? see also screenshots.

                      On the General page the date is displayed OK as d-M-yyyy

                      HS4 Version 4.2.0.5
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Rich,

                        I have had zero problems with the new beta 4.2.0.5, there may be things that crop up but it looks amazing and you squashed a bunch of bugs and concerns. Yes there is more to go, but as Miyagi says patience grasshopper, to all the customers. (Karate Kid), quote

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Yes, that does not make sense, I will have a look.

                          Originally posted by HansSchouten View Post

                          My windows 10 homeseer server has a regional setting of 24Hrs with a date setting d-M-yyyy.
                          Homeseer log display's that as M-d-yyyy. Why? see also screenshots.

                          On the General page the date is displayed OK as d-M-yyyy

                          HS4 Version 4.2.0.5
                          πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Did you have the 24 HR log setting in setup unchecked? I tested this with that setting unchecked and it displayed the date correctly (using your format). If you enable the 24 HR log format it formats the date as you are seeing. I guess I could change that to force the date to use the system format but force the time to be 24HR if checked.

                            Originally posted by HansSchouten View Post

                            My windows 10 homeseer server has a regional setting of 24Hrs with a date setting d-M-yyyy.
                            Homeseer log display's that as M-d-yyyy. Why? see also screenshots.

                            On the General page the date is displayed OK as d-M-yyyy

                            HS4 Version 4.2.0.5
                            πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              Did you have the 24 HR log setting in setup unchecked? I tested this with that setting unchecked and it displayed the date correctly (using your format). If you enable the 24 HR log format it formats the date as you are seeing. I guess I could change that to force the date to use the system format but force the time to be 24HR if checked.


                              Hi Rich, yes i had the 24HR checked. When I uncheck the setting, the logfile display's correctly.

                              "I guess I could change that to force the date to use the system format but force the time to be 24HR if checked" , is more clearly.
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                                #90
                                So it looks like for your case you would want to keep the 24HR setting unchecked and use your system format, correct? The 24HR setting was put there for users who only want the log in 24HR format but want the system format for all other output. If someone actually wants the log in 24HR time format but wants the date in a different format (or maybe the system format), I would need to make a change. So far I am not aware of that request. But it does make sense to leave the date in the system format and just force the time to 24HR if the setting is enabled.

                                Originally posted by HansSchouten View Post

                                Hi Rich, yes i had the 24HR checked. When I uncheck the setting, the logfile display's correctly.

                                "I guess I could change that to force the date to use the system format but force the time to be 24HR if checked" , is more clearly.
                                πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X