HS4 Beta 4.2.2.0 is available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Beta 4.2.2.0 is available

This build is being posted for testing and feedback. See the release notes for changes. This build includes some bug fixes and new features.

If there are no significant issues with this build we will make this the next official public release.

Only a couple of fixes in this build over the previous one.

Release Notes

A note about version numbers

Starting with this release all versions will be in the format #.#.#.0. This indicates a public release (either Beta or formal). Release numbers ending with a value greater than 0, such as 4.2.0.9 are for internal HomeSeer testing, or possibly given to an individual to test.

Installing:

Before installing any Beta it is a good idea to back up your system! Run the backup from the tools menu. On Windows you can simply copy the HS4 folder to another folder. Just copy it back if needed.

* You can install this Beta from within HS4, just go to the General page in Setup (Windows or Linux)

If you would like to manually install the Windows version, the installer is here:

https://homeseer.com/updates4/SetupHS4_4_2_2_0.msi

The Linux tar file is here, or install from setup:

https://homeseer.com/updates4/linux_4_2_2_0.tar.gz

Reverting to a previous version on Windows:

Uninstall HS4 (it will not remove any config files, plugins, etc.). Then install your previous version and install into the same folder as your previous install.

Reverting to a previous version on Linux:

On the PI-HUB/ZEE S2/SEL or your own Linux install. You can simply re-install the release version from setup.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

rjh
    Is there a reason why the letter type is different for the highlighted parts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture - device page.PNG
Views:	440
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1498232

---
    John

Comment

The logic to pick a default device is not perfect and will not work for everyone. If you edit the device can you set the feature you want to "Important"? It then should display on the grid.

Still can't see motion/no motion in grid view with my Insteon motions or if the door is open or closed with my Insteon door sensor. Nor can I add custom status images. Don't understand why the primary purpose of the device is not shown.

We should be able to select which feature we want to be primary for these types of devices.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-23 115329.JPG Views:	0 Size:	48.1 KB ID:	1498234
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
      Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
      Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

rjh

On the device page my device count is 1909. However on the help and about page it is mentioned that there are 1910 devices.

Device page:

Name:	Capture - device page count.PNG
Views:	430
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	1498238

Help page:

Name:	Capture - device count help page.PNG
Views:	424
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	1498237

---
        John

Comment

No specific reason, I can modify them to be the same case.

Originally posted by John245 View Post
          rjh
          Is there a reason why the letter type is different for the highlighted parts?

Name:	Capture - device page.PNG
Views:	440
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1498232

---
          John

Comment

Are you trying to change the status image on the Status/Graphics tab for the device? What happens when you click on the edit button then the icon?

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
            The logic to pick a default device is not perfect and will not work for everyone. If you edit the device can you set the feature you want to "Important"? It then should display on the grid.

Still can't see motion/no motion in grid view with my Insteon motions or if the door is open or closed with my Insteon door sensor. Nor can I add custom status images. Don't understand why the primary purpose of the device is not shown.

We should be able to select which feature we want to be primary for these types of devices.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-23 115329.JPG Views:	0 Size:	48.1 KB ID:	1498234

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              No specific reason, I can modify them to be the same case.

Thanks that will improve consistency.

---
              John

Comment

Go into setup, labs tab and click on the "FIX DEVICE....", see if that fixes it. The systems here list the correct device count.

Originally posted by John245 View Post
                rjh

On the device page my device count is 1909. However on the help and about page it is mentioned that there are 1910 devices.

Device page:

Name:	Capture - device page count.PNG
Views:	430
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	1498238

Help page:

Name:	Capture - device count help page.PNG
Views:	424
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	1498237

---
                John

Comment

Are you trying to change the status image on the Status/Graphics tab for the device? What happens when you click on the edit button then the icon?

There are 2 problems here.

Problem one is that in Grid view my motion detector is incapable of actually showing if there is motion or not. Every other feature is visible as shown in my attached image.
                  Problem two continues this trend, the actual primary function of the device is completely missing from every tab when in grid view. It simply does not exist.

In list view I can at least see the status of motion or no motion, but like the issue above, I can not see it in any of the edit tabs.

This is not a new issue. It was introduced in version 4.0.0.0 and has never been resolved. I created bug reports a few times. One as recently as last month in your new bug reporting system. In that recent bug report I provided several images and details.

Please see bug report # HSCS-9117
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                  Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                  Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Go into setup, labs tab and click on the "FIX DEVICE....", see if that fixes it. The systems here list the correct device count.

Thanks. That did the fix.

---
                    John

Comment

I have a category named Energy that has both devices and virtual devices for tracking solar production, etc. With 4.1.18 it showed the dozen or so devices I was interested in. With 4.2.2 I see none. This is with marked devices hidden. Do I have to re-do or something else?

Drilling in, I used to be able to hide the root and just display the feature. Now I have to unhide the root. Why?

Comment

Herein lies a very basic problem. I can't see anyone else's bug reports. Imagine if fifty people piped in and said YES this is a problem. It would certainly get more attention than 50 separate complaints that clog the system and perhaps don't all explain the problem correctly.

Comment

Can you PM me your devices.json file from your data folder.

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post

There are 2 problems here.

Problem one is that in Grid view my motion detector is incapable of actually showing if there is motion or not. Every other feature is visible as shown in my attached image.
                          Problem two continues this trend, the actual primary function of the device is completely missing from every tab when in grid view. It simply does not exist.

In list view I can at least see the status of motion or no motion, but like the issue above, I can not see it in any of the edit tabs.

This is not a new issue. It was introduced in version 4.0.0.0 and has never been resolved. I created bug reports a few times. One as recently as last month in your new bug reporting system. In that recent bug report I provided several images and details.

Comment

That is on the todo list to get fixed.

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                            I have a category named Energy that has both devices and virtual devices for tracking solar production, etc. With 4.1.18 it showed the dozen or so devices I was interested in. With 4.2.2 I see none. This is with marked devices hidden. Do I have to re-do or something else?

Drilling in, I used to be able to hide the root and just display the feature. Now I have to unhide the root. Why?

Comment

Bulk edit is not user friendly at all. The large selection of bulk actions disappears off the top of the screen as you scroll with the mouse wheel.

Name:	Screen Shot 09-23-21 at 04.19 PM.PNG
Views:	465
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	1498257Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 09-23-21 at 04.20 PM.PNG
Views:	470
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1498258

Comment

Working...
                              X