No announcement yet.

HS4 Beta 4.2.2.0 is available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The latest beta fixes, the bulk edit checkbox is now on the same row as the other buttons.

Can I ask you to load the latest before you report on an issue? There are over 30 changes in the last few betas I have posted.

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    This goes back to a gripe of mine a long time ago. When using bulk edit, on a desktop, the check mark for bulk edit and the radio button scroll out of sight if you have a list longer than a page.

The check box and the radio button should appear/disappear to the left of the floor/room/category buttons.

Because of the way it is, it is difficult to use and consumes a number of lines all the way across the page.
    πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

4.2 totally changed how devices are displayed/updated, so any user changes to the HTML probably will not work.

I have two GE outdoor switches that are just the switch, no root/feature. They no longer auto update as to their status. I click on and they don't show on unless I refresh the screen.

FYI, I was on 4.1.18 and just upgraded after waiting for quite awhile.

---edit---

This has something to do with the modifications here.
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ny-gui-updates

I went back to original events.html, devices.html and custom.css and things are totally different. (and better).
      πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

My monitor is 4K but I don't have it at a high resolution and I do see the menu scrolling off the top if I make the browser window smaller. But even then I can still select the menu ok. When the menu being so large I am not sure what I can do here. Are you are on the latest 4.2.2.0 version? There are changes to bulk edit there.

I'm full screen on a 24 inch monitor. Shall I spread it across the other 24" monitor or shall I turn them vertical? Just being a wise guy. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Comment

I see the same thing, will put in a fix.

Originally posted by HansSchouten View Post
          When you search for a device on the device page you get a list of all search results.
          Clicking on the device, opens a blank page with the headers. It looks like nothing happend.
          When you click on the settings tab the searched device opens up. Shouldn't it open automatically?
          Doing the same when clicking on a event that uses the device the events opens up immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            My monitor is 4K but I don't have it at a high resolution and I do see the menu scrolling off the top if I make the browser window smaller. But even then I can still select the menu ok. When the menu being so large I am not sure what I can do here. Are you are on the latest 4.2.2.0 version? There are changes to bulk edit there.
            I am on 4.2.2, I have found how to work around but I think the basic problem is that when you scroll to choose an item from the bulk edit list, you are first scrolling the entire screen then the bulk edit list scrolls as well. I think the bulk edit choices should open in a desired "window" and only that should scroll.

Comment

The latest beta fixes, the bulk edit checkbox is now on the same row as the other buttons.

Can I ask you to load the latest before you report on an issue? There are over 30 changes in the last few betas I have posted.

Yes, I am on the lastest 4.2.2 and I did reply to someone else that this was fixed. Unfortunately I didn't mention you or this message. My apologies.

Comment

UPDATE: A simple CSS change will allow that bulk edit menu to scroll, rather than scrolling the screen. I will implement that change.

I don't disagree with but I am fighting with the UI framework at this point. Its tying the menu to the page so it scrolls the page with the menu. Not sure why they are insisting on doing that. I can certainly display the menu in a dialog rather than a drop list like the room and floor as they don't scroll the screen.

I am on 4.2.2, I have found how to work around but I think the basic problem is that when you scroll to choose an item from the bulk edit list, you are first scrolling the entire screen then the bulk edit list scrolls as well. I think the bulk edit choices should open in a desired "window" and only that should scroll.

Comment

rjh

Something not specific to this version , I think it has probably always been this way in HS4 but not HS3:

Why are the device control button labels all converted to UPPER CASE text? Presumably this is by design but what is the thinking behind it.

On the Status/Graphics page they are shown as defined by the pi that created the device, but in Grid and List view the labels on the buttons are all converted to upper case.

There is a reason that all road signs, in the UK at least, are all lower case, it's easier to read.

Steve

Comment

We are using the Material Design framework for the web and the default was all upper case for the buttons. I don't really have a better explanation, but it probably does make the buttons easier to read.

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                    rjh

Something not specific to this version , I think it has probably always been this way in HS4 but not HS3:

Why are the device control button labels all converted to UPPER CASE text? Presumably this is by design but what is the thinking behind it.

On the Status/Graphics page they are shown as defined by the pi that created the device, but in Grid and List view the labels on the buttons are all converted to upper case.

There is a reason that all road signs, in the UK at least, are all lower case, it's easier to read.

Steve

Comment

spud
                      In HS4 ver 4.2.2.0
                      After editing a schedule (InteriorDayLevel) in EasyTrigger and clicking on submit, the entire schedule is gone. I edited it on this screen, not the screen you get after pressing the "Edit" button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	164
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	1498407
                      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                      Plugin's:
                      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                        spud
                        In HS4 ver 4.2.2.0
                        After editing a schedule (InteriorDayLevel) in EasyTrigger and clicking on submit, the entire schedule is gone. I edited it on this screen, not the screen you get after pressing the "Edit" button.

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	164
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	1498407
                        when you clicked in the text box, did you get the "Edit Value" pop up?

Name:	etschedule.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	1498414

if you updated manually the string to something invalid, it may be possible that it erased the whole string.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

when you clicked in the text box, did you get the "Edit Value" pop up?

Name:	etschedule.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	1498414

if you updated manually the string to something invalid, it may be possible that it erased the whole string.
                          Yes, the Edit Value pops up and that is where I edited the string. The only value that I changed was the amount of time before Sunrise, I changed it from Sunrise+30 to Sunrise+60.

[mention]spud [/mention] Also, have you seen post #21 above?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                          Plugin's:
                          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

rjh
                            I updated my overview of UI relates issues, see below:
                            Issue# Issue type Description Status Criticality Link(s) Comment(s)
                            2 Bug Re-install on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS will not restart HomeSeer Open Critical https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1487730#post1487730 Other users has the same issues, see post 48
                            5 Bug Consistent use of capital letters Open Minor https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1487774#post1487774
                            7 FR Addition of multiple select for display type Open Minor https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1487852#post1487852
                            8 Bug More than 5 status only devices can be selected for the grid view Open Major https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1487860#post1487860 Fixed in 4.2.1.0 beta
                            11 FR Tooltips missing for icons device feature page Open Minor https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1488042#post1488042
                            12 Bug No action will be executed when pressing the icon with 9 squares on the device feature page Open Major https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1488034#post1488034
                            13 FR Rewrite Event page to look and feel of the feature page Open Major https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1485173-hs4-beta-4-1-100-0-4-2-beta-is-available?p=1488037#post1488037
                            15 FR Change naming Logging under device features and bulk edit Open Minor https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1494659-hs4-beta-4-2-0-5-is-available?p=1495074#post1495074 Reported based on testing v4.2.0.5 beta
                            16 FR/bug Improve alignment feature names in case of long names Open Minor https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1497928-hs4-beta-4-2-1-0-is-available?p=1498030#post1498030 Reported based on testing v4.2.1.0 beta
                            17 FR Add fixed β€œSave” and β€œCancel” button at the bottom of applicable pages to be consistent with the device feature page Open Minor https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1497928-hs4-beta-4-2-1-0-is-available?p=1498034#post1498034 Reported based on testing v4.2.1.0 beta
                            18 Bug On device page button is called β€œCategory” on the page it is named β€œCategories” Closed Minor https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1497928-hs4-beta-4-2-1-0-is-available?p=1498039#post1498039 Fixed in 4.2.2.0 beta
                            19 Bug Remove button not available for some installed plugins Open Major https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1496361-hs4-beta-4-2-0-8-is-available?p=1496375#post1496375 Reported based on testing v4.2.2.0 beta
                            20 Bug Unit for security offset is missing Open Minor https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs4-products/hs4-software/hs4-pro-beta-releases/1496361-hs4-beta-4-2-0-8-is-available?p=1496379#post1496379 Reported based on testing v4.2.2.0 beta

---
                            John

Comment

We are using the Material Design framework for the web and the default was all upper case for the buttons. I don't really have a better explanation, but it probably does make the buttons easier to read.
                              rjh
                              My point was that UPPER CASE is LESS easy to read

However, if that is what the Material Design Framework recommends then so be it. After all, you can't please everybody

Keep up the good work.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Yes, the Edit Value pops up and that is where I edited the string. The only value that I changed was the amount of time before Sunrise, I changed it from Sunrise+30 to Sunrise+60.

[mention]spud [/mention] Also, have you seen post #21 above?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                do you mean "Sunrise+00:30" ? "Sunrise+30" is not a valid time it is supposed to be formatted like this "Sunrise+hh:mm". So if you want sunrise + 1hour, you should enter "Sunrise+01:00"

yes I saw post #21, we are working on it, it should be fixed in the next HS4 version.

Comment

Working...
                                X