HS4 Beta 4.2.2.0 is available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post

do you mean "Sunrise+00:30" ? "Sunrise+30" is not a valid time it is supposed to be formatted like this "Sunrise+hh:mm". So if you want sunrise + 1hour, you should enter "Sunrise+01:00"

yes I saw post #21, we are working on it, it should be fixed in the next HS4 version.
    It was already formatted β€œSunrise+00:30” and I changed it to +00:60”. My error, sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Perhaps this was mentioned some other way, but in 4.1.18 when selecting a device to control only the root is shown, then you get to select the feature.

In 4.2.2 you are presented with the root and as a sub selection, the feature. You can't select it, you still have to select the root. Then when going to select the feature I get nothing. Just "missing".

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 09-24-21 at 12.15 PM.PNG
Views:	201
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	1498446

Comment

rjh

On this page https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS4/Camera+Settings is stated the following:

Name:	Capture - cam instructions.PNG
Views:	214
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	1498453

See the highlighted text. For me it is more logical that the snapshot will record videos and the stream displays the live stream.

---
        John

Comment

I think what is listed is correct. For the live camera page we simply call the snapshot url as quickly as possible so it looks like a stream, but its really just a stream of snapshots. The stream URL is only used to access the RTSP video stream for recording to a file.

Originally posted by John245 View Post
          rjh

On this page https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS4/Camera+Settings is stated the following:

Name:	Capture - cam instructions.PNG
Views:	214
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	1498453

See the highlighted text. For me it is more logical that the snapshot will record videos and the stream displays the live stream.

---
          John
          πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            I think what is listed is correct. For the live camera page we simply call the snapshot url as quickly as possible so it looks like a stream, but its really just a stream of snapshots. The stream URL is only used to access the RTSP video stream for recording to a file.

The snapshot url is use for the 10s recording. In case I delete the snapshot url the recording is not working.

---
            John

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
              Perhaps this was mentioned some other way, but in 4.1.18 when selecting a device to control only the root is shown, then you get to select the feature.

In 4.2.2 you are presented with the root and as a sub selection, the feature. You can't select it, you still have to select the root. Then when going to select the feature I get nothing. Just "missing".

Yep, hosed here also. Many root devices aren’t in the list either.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

There may be some logic that is requiring the snapshot, but the recording needs an RTSP url in or to record. We cannot record from just the snapshot.

Originally posted by John245 View Post

The snapshot url is use for the 10s recording. In case I delete the snapshot url the recording is not working.

---
                John
                πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The root is displayed (just in case you need that to reference the device, or the root might be an HS3 device and hold status/controls). So yes, you can select it, but in the case of an event action it will say "missing" if the device does not have any controls on it. I suspect that is what you are seeing. I did think about popping up a message if the device does not have any controls but assumed the user would not pick a device they cannot cannot control. If you guys find this confusing, I can either add a pop-up message or set it so you cannot select it. Not being able to select it can be confusing as you may not understand why it's not selectable. For the triggers its tricky as the root could have some status, so you can set a trigger on it, even if it never holds any status. So there is nothing I can do with the trigger.

Comment

All root devices should be in the list, can you email me your devices.json and tell me which root device are not in the list?

Originally posted by randy View Post
                    Yep, hosed here also. Many root devices aren’t in the list either.

Comment

The root is displayed (just in case you need that to reference the device, or the root might be an HS3 device and hold status/controls). So yes, you can select it, but in the case of an event action it will say "missing" if the device does not have any controls on it. I suspect that is what you are seeing. I did think about popping up a message if the device does not have any controls but assumed the user would not pick a device they cannot cannot control. If you guys find this confusing, I can either add a pop-up message or set it so you cannot select it. Not being able to select it can be confusing as you may not understand why it's not selectable. For the triggers its tricky as the root could have some status, so you can set a trigger on it, even if it never holds any status. So there is nothing I can do with the trigger.
                      But this is for a WD-200 dimmer. The only choice is missing. I went back to 4.1.18 and then there is a drop down of off, %s, last, on. No way to see that in 4.2.2.

I don't think I'm missing something obvious.

Comment

I don't think this is correct, at least not as it pertains to HS4 VD's. This sounds an a lot like my issue. What's worse is event's won't update the features value.
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

But this is for a WD-200 dimmer. The only choice is missing. I went back to 4.1.18 and then there is a drop down of off, %s, last, on. No way to see that in 4.2.2.

I don't think I'm missing something obvious.
                          If you go into the old HS3 Device Management page, and tick "Include Value" does it fix it?
                          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post

If you go into the old HS3 Device Management page, and tick "Include Value" does it fix it?
                            I would have to re-install 4.2.2, for now I'm back on 4.1.18. I'll wait for 4.2.3 and maybe try again.

Also, where does it say "Include Value" as I don't see that anywhere.

Comment

I would have to re-install 4.2.2, for now I'm back on 4.1.18. I'll wait for 4.2.3 and maybe try again.

Also, where does it say "Include Value" as I don't see that anywhere.

Name:	2021-09-24_16-32-36.png
Views:	152
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	1498510
                              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

ServiceXp No wonder it says missing. Not sure why it would look like this. Now I need to rebuild this device I assume. Another step backwards before I can move forward.

And no z-wave tab.?!?

Worse yet, all my lights look the same.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X