• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rjh
    replied
    Sorry, yes, remove the <b> tags.

[​​​​​QUOTE=Wade;n1499571]

rjh I see <b> and </b> tags in line 69 but not <br>. Are those the ones to remove?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1499572[/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• SteveW
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    I checked this and it is restarting the system properly, the displayed message is just incorrect, I will get that fixed. All it does is execute the Linux command "reboot". Can you execute this command from SSH and see if you have the same problem?

Thanks; yes, I now agree that it had to be a typo, based on the error-free log file with no mention of installation. I plugged a speaker into the RPi's 3.5mm audio jack and I now hear the "Welcome to Homeseer" TTS voice when I reboot via Linux reboot command or via the HS4 GUI. What is mostly failing, is the same message being played via the Chromecast plugin, which it used to do. Sometimes it requires disabling and re-enabling the plugin to work. Perhaps this is a timing issue.

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    Found this problem. fix will be in 4.2.5.0. If you want to test the fix, edit the file "triggers.htm" which is in the includes folder in the HS html folder. Go to line 69 and remove the "<br>" tags that are there. Those were left over from some testing. You can then select a root device.

rjh I see <b> and </b> tags in line 69 but not <br>. Are those the ones to remove?

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	1499572

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    This is in EVENTS. To be specific, Lighting Sunroom Wagon wheel dimmer. This is when trying to choose a feature of a device in an event. See post 47 in this thread.
    It also happened with the Lighting Kitchen Kitchen Lights.

Randy confirmed this in post 51 in this same thread.

I am going to try 4.2.4 and see if anything changed.
    rjh This is fixed in 4.2.4.0, than you.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    I have your devices file, can you tell me which device is not displaying properly? Is this in list view or grid view?

This is in EVENTS. To be specific, Lighting Sunroom Wagon wheel dimmer. This is when trying to choose a feature of a device in an event. See post 47 in this thread.
    It also happened with the Lighting Kitchen Kitchen Lights.

Randy confirmed this in post 51 in this same thread.

I am going to try 4.2.4 and see if anything changed.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Note that build 4.2.4.0 beta has been posted:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...0-is-available

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Found this problem. fix will be in 4.2.5.0. If you want to test the fix, edit the file "triggers.htm" which is in the includes folder in the HS html folder. Go to line 69 and remove the "<b>" tags that are there. Those were left over from some testing. You can then select a root device.

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
    Here's another example of not being able to select a device in HS4, but can in legacy.

Trying to select the Root...

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-09-27_17-22-21.png Views:	111 Size:	224.0 KB ID:	1499036

This is what happens with you select the device root (ie nothing)

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-09-27_17-22-36.png Views:	107 Size:	150.7 KB ID:	1499037

Using the Legacy system. ie works

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-09-27_17-23-41.png Views:	106 Size:	340.8 KB ID:	1499038

Here what it looks like after going back to HS4 (looks normal)

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-09-27_17-24-36.png Views:	108 Size:	316.0 KB ID:	1499039

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    I have your devices file, can you tell me which device is not displaying properly? Is this in list view or grid view?

All the lights looked the same way under 4.2.2.0, so I have gone back to 4.1.18 and won't upgrade until a newer version is released.

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    I checked this and it is restarting the system properly, the displayed message is just incorrect, I will get that fixed. All it does is execute the Linux command "reboot". Can you execute this command from SSH and see if you have the same problem?

Originally posted by SteveW View Post

Thanks for looking into this. Running 4.2.2.0, I click Tools-->Linux-->Restart System, confirm I want to restart, and then the "Installing and restarting" message appears with the countdown timer. This happens every time I perform a restart. The TTS function that normally says "Welcome to HomeSeer" over my Chromecasts stops working after this "installing and restarting" process, too. See the attached screenshots.
    Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-27 13.29.20.png Views:	0 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	1499016

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-27 13.29.34.png Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	1499017
    Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-27 13.29.48.png Views:	0 Size:	30.7 KB ID:	1499018
    I'll PM you the log file generated by this process.
    v

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Here's another example of not being able to select a device in HS4, but can in legacy.

Trying to select the Root...

Name:	2021-09-27_17-22-21.png
Views:	212
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	1499036

This is what happens with you select the device root (ie nothing)

Name:	2021-09-27_17-22-36.png
Views:	208
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	1499037

Using the Legacy system. ie works

Name:	2021-09-27_17-23-41.png
Views:	207
Size:	340.8 KB
ID:	1499038

Here what it looks like after going back to HS4 (looks normal)

Name:	2021-09-27_17-24-36.png
Views:	208
Size:	316.0 KB
ID:	1499039

Leave a comment:

• SteveW
    replied
    Can you try this again after the restart? I tried my test RPI unit here and the restart menu works properly. The message you saw is not from a script its from HS. It looks like it selected the wrong menu action.

Thanks for looking into this. Running 4.2.2.0, I click Tools-->Linux-->Restart System, confirm I want to restart, and then the "Installing and restarting" message appears with the countdown timer. This happens every time I perform a restart. The TTS function that normally says "Welcome to HomeSeer" over my Chromecasts stops working after this "installing and restarting" process, too. See the attached screenshots.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-27 13.29.20.png Views:	0 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	1499016

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-27 13.29.34.png Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	1499017
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-27 13.29.48.png Views:	0 Size:	30.7 KB ID:	1499018
    I'll PM you the log file generated by this process.
    v

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Yes, they look fine under 4.1.18. I tried to attach to a PM but the file size is too big and if I zip it I still can't attach so it's coming as a txt extension but it's a rar file. Sheez.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    Yes, they look fine under 4.1.18. I will send PM

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    And they look ok on 4.1.18? IF so, can you PM me your devices.json file? I am ready to post another update but I have not made any changes to the device handling so I doubt the view will change.

All the lights looked the same way under 4.2.2.0, so I have gone back to 4.1.18 and won't upgrade until a newer version is released.

Leave a comment:

• racerfern
    replied
    The devices appear to have lost some information, not sure how that could have happened. Do you have a backup of your .json data file to try?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X