Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 Beta 4.2.4.0 is available

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    HS4 Beta 4.2.4.0 is available

    This build is being posted for testing and feedback. See the release notes for changes. This build includes some bug fixes and new features.

    If there are no significant issues with this build we will make this the next official public release.

    Only a couple of fixes in this build over the previous one.

    Release Notes

    A note about version numbers

    Releases to the public will be in the format #.#.#.0. This indicates a public release (either Beta or formal). Release numbers ending with a value greater than 0, such as 4.2.0.9 are for internal HomeSeer testing, or possibly given to an individual to test.

    Installing:

    Before installing any Beta it is a good idea to back up your system! Run the backup from the tools menu. On Windows you can simply copy the HS4 folder to another folder. Just copy it back if needed.


    * You can install this Beta from within HS4, just go to the General page in Setup (Windows or Linux)

    If you would like to manually install the Windows version, the installer is here:

    https://homeseer.com/updates4/SetupHS4_4_2_4_0.msi

    The Linux tar file is here, or install from setup:

    https://homeseer.com/updates4/linux_4_2_4_0.tar.gz

    Reverting to a previous version on Windows:

    Uninstall HS4 (it will not remove any config files, plugins, etc.). Then install your previous version and install into the same folder as your previous install.

    Reverting to a previous version on Linux:

    On the PI-HUB/ZEE S2/SEL or your own Linux install. You can simply re-install the release version from setup.
    πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

    #2
    Thank you for making fixes.

    Question, I am once again setting up GH after it failed to connect. Using Bulk Edit, I disabled all voice control for Alexa, GH and local.

    Then I tried enabling GH voice control for one feature open/close garage door. When I select GH it also selects local control. Is that in error or is it needed for some reason?

    I can deselect Local Control and keep just GH. But I don't want to have to fight another battle.

    Comment


      #3
      I still have the following issue:
      Selecting Status/Graphics on v4.2.4 using regular z-wave shows various settings
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 09-29-21 at 03.16 PM.PNG
Views:	553
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	1499528

      Selecting the save device using legacy z-wave yields:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 09-29-21 at 03.16 PM 001.PNG
Views:	545
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	1499529


      Comment


        #4
        Hello rjh The below issue is still there in HS4 version 4.2.4, also, I'm noticing that the colored icons for the delete,run etc aren't there either.

        Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	1499533
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

        Comment


          #5
          When a plugin is installed a json file is created with details about what you installed. Using that info we know if an update is available. If you installed this plugin long ago that json file will not exist so it will not show if an update is available. To test this, remove and re-install the plugin. Then see if it shows if there is an update available when one is posted.

          Originally posted by The Profit View Post
          Hello rjh The below issue is still there in HS4 version 4.2.4, also, I'm noticing that the colored icons for the delete,run etc aren't there either.

          Click image for larger version Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	36.1 KB ID:	1499533
          πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

          Comment


            #6
            If you enable it for cloud, it has to be enabled for local control. But local control is only if you are using a mic on your PC and VR installed. I doubt that is what you are doing so local control will not do anything. Also, local control has to be enabled for our Alexa "Tell HomeSeer..." skill as that skill simply passes your VR phrase to HS where its processed.

            Originally posted by racerfern View Post
            Thank you for making fixes.

            Question, I am once again setting up GH after it failed to connect. Using Bulk Edit, I disabled all voice control for Alexa, GH and local.

            Then I tried enabling GH voice control for one feature open/close garage door. When I select GH it also selects local control. Is that in error or is it needed for some reason?

            I can deselect Local Control and keep just GH. But I don't want to have to fight another battle.
            πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

            Comment


              #7
              Device selection is not working in events

              Just tried to add an 'AND' condition to an existing event and when comes the time to select a device in the list (the device does show in the list), once selected, the 'Device' field in the AND conditions stays blank, I can't select any devices without features, in this case a virtual device created prior my HS4 conversion (samething in a 'OR' condition and 'IF')

              Looks like it does not work either in a new event

              Click image for larger version  Name:	b.JPG Views:	0 Size:	43.1 KB ID:	1499550

              Click image for larger version  Name:	image_105599.jpg Views:	14 Size:	16.6 KB ID:	1499543



              Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.4.0 (Windows)
              OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Famille - Work Station
              OS Version=10.0.19043

              Using Chrome 94.0.4606.61

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by goldriver View Post
                Device selection is not working in events

                Just tried to add an 'AND' condition to an existing event and when comes the time to select a device in the list (the device does show in the list), once selected, the 'Device' field in the AND conditions stays blank, I can't select any devices without features, in this case a virtual device created prior my HS4 conversion (samething in a 'OR' condition and 'IF')

                Looks like it does not work either in a new event

                Click image for larger version Name:	b.JPG Views:	0 Size:	43.1 KB ID:	1499550

                Click image for larger version Name:	image_105599.jpg Views:	14 Size:	16.6 KB ID:	1499543



                Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.4.0 (Windows)
                OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Famille - Work Station
                OS Version=10.0.19043

                Using Chrome 94.0.4606.61
                I believe this will be fixed in 4.2.5.0
                RJ_Make On YouTube

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                  You’re right, the trigger.html modification did the trick
                  thx

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I just updated from 4.2 to 4.2.4. Several plugins and scripts are no longer functioning. The underlying issue seems to be HSCF.dll version 1.0.0.2 not found. I do see HSCF.dll version 1.0.0.3 in the Bin/homeseer directory.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Make sure that the HSCF DLL is version 1.0.0.3 and that the same file is in the HS top level folder and in bin/HomeSeer.

                      We have not changed that DLL for a while, not sure where you got that older one.

                      Originally posted by twinch View Post
                      I just updated from 4.2 to 4.2.4. Several plugins and scripts are no longer functioning. The underlying issue seems to be HSCF.dll version 1.0.0.2 not found. I do see HSCF.dll version 1.0.0.3 in the Bin/homeseer directory.
                      πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        Make sure that the HSCF DLL is version 1.0.0.3 and that the same file is in the HS top level folder and in bin/HomeSeer.

                        We have not changed that DLL for a while, not sure where you got that older one.


                        OK, copying the DLL from the bin/homeseer directory to the top level directory did fix the problem. Thanks for your help.

                        I can't imagine why installing 4.2.4 removed the DLL. To be clear, I assume that 1.0.0.3 is what scripting used and what my HS3 plugins used also. The plugins (including my own) were probably compiled to look for 1.0.0.2 though. Here are the errors. I guess you will hear about it if others have the same issue. I installed the update from the web interface BTW which rebooted the HS PC.

                        Error
                        Examining properties on plugin (1) HSPI_ISYInsteon.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'HSCF, Version=1.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.->HSCF, Version=1.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

                        Error
                        Examining properties on plugin (1) HSPI_GTS_CPUXA.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'HSCF, Version=1.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.->HSCF, Version=1.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

                        Error
                        Examining properties on plugin (1) HSPI_DMP_Alarm.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'HSCF, Version=1.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.->HSCF, Version=1.0.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

                        Error
                        Compiling script Startup.vb: could not find library 'HSCF.dll'

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Since 4.2.2.4 I have the same issues with a condition to an existing event.
                          ...
                          When I pick a device from the drop down listing the selection comes back blank.

                          In the device drop down there there is no way to populate it with any of the listings.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	384
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1499892
                          ​

                          Comment


                            #14
                            goldriver Exactly what trigger.html modification are you referring to?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              This will be fixed in 4.2.5.0 but you can edit a file and put in the fix yourself if you want:

                              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...e5#post1499482

                              Originally posted by Dave Haig View Post
                              Since 4.2.2.4 I have the same issues with a condition to an existing event.
                              ...
                              When I pick a device from the drop down listing the selection comes back blank.

                              In the device drop down there there is no way to populate it with any of the listings.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	384
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1499892
                              ​
                              πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X