No announcement yet.

HS4 Beta 4.2.4.0 is available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is strange. Using bulk edit, I select all in a particular category to be hidden. Then I go back and select the root and features I want un-hidden. Part way through the selection process, ALL the boxes get checked and I have to start over. I can't even complete the process.

Also, when selecting all and then doing a bulk change of some sort, after it completes all the check marks are still in place except the one you have to check at the top to select them all. It should be checked as well, OR, all the check should be gone.

Comment

rjh

Under General/Setup is it possible to align the radio button correctly?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture general setup.PNG
Views:	166
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1499933
      ---
      John

Comment

rjh
        Under General/Setup the line for Max Days To keep is significantly shorter as the other lines on this page (except for log colors). Is there a specific reason?

Name:	Capture general setup log settings.PNG
Views:	168
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	1499935
        ---
        John

Comment

John245 These niggling things annoy me as much as they do you. I just don't have the patience that you have. Thank you for reporting.

Comment

rjh

Why not "Latest Stable" as a Beta version is also a release?

Furthermore I suggest (RE)INSTALL STABLE as in the case below it will be a downgrade

Last, but not least. Why are there dots after BETA?

Name:	Capture update.PNG
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	1499939
            ---
            John

Comment

I will note these. Bootstrap is frustrating with it's alignment. The alignment that you see if the default. I have to add spacing classes to get things to line up at times.

Note that most of the UI changes you post are just changes in the .HTML files. I am totally open to anyone who wants to tweak these changes and give me the files. I can get the changes done much quicker. Just an idea. I can send you free stuff!

Originally posted by John245 View Post
              rjh
              Under General/Setup the line for Max Days To keep is significantly shorter as the other lines on this page (except for log colors). Is there a specific reason?

Name:	Capture general setup log settings.PNG
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	1499935
              ---
              John
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If there are dots, it indicates that a dialog will display. So there should be dots after "REINSTALL UPDATE". Maybe the dots are not necessary on a button.

rjh

Why not "Latest Stable" as a Beta version is also a release?

Furthermore I suggest (RE)INSTALL STABLE as in the case below it will be a downgrade

Last, but not least. Why are there dots after BETA?

ID:	1499939
                ---
                John

Comment

I will check on this.

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                  This is strange. Using bulk edit, I select all in a particular category to be hidden. Then I go back and select the root and features I want un-hidden. Part way through the selection process, ALL the boxes get checked and I have to start over. I can't even complete the process.

Also, when selecting all and then doing a bulk change of some sort, after it completes all the check marks are still in place except the one you have to check at the top to select them all. It should be checked as well, OR, all the check should be gone.

Comment

rjh

Under backup and restore in case you select "Click here for more info" you would be directed to the MyHS login page. Then you need to login and can select the webpage. Why not a direction to that webpage?

Name:	Capture backup.PNG
Views:	182
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	1499945Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture click here.PNG
Views:	167
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1499946Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture direct page.PNG
Views:	162
Size:	422.3 KB
ID:	1499947

---
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      I will note these. Bootstrap is frustrating with it's alignment. The alignment that you see if the default. I have to add spacing classes to get things to line up at times.

Note that most of the UI changes you post are just changes in the .HTML files. I am totally open to anyone who wants to tweak these changes and give me the files. I can get the changes done much quicker. Just an idea. I can send you free stuff!

Unfortunately I'm not a html guy.

---
                      John

Comment

Yes, should probably go to the services shop page. I think the link was added before we completed the shop page. I will look into changing that.

rjh

Under backup and restore in case you select "Click here for more info" you would be directed to the MyHS login page. Then you need to login and can select the webpage. Why not a direction to that webpage?

Name:	Capture backup.PNG
Views:	182
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	1499945Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture click here.PNG
Views:	167
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1499946Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture direct page.PNG
Views:	162
Size:	422.3 KB
ID:	1499947

---
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                          John245 These niggling things annoy me as much as they do you. I just don't have the patience that you have. Thank you for reporting.
                          In the end this niggling things can have a big impact.

It would help if others report also these items.

---
                          John

Comment

rjh
                            I know the 4.2 version will focus on the UIX. Do you have a deadline when the UIX improvements should be finished as I tend to only report 3 items each release.

---
                            John

Comment

rjh
                              Why not use this symbol including tooltip to indicate that there are release notes? For me a button is more action related.

Name:	Capture doc.PNG
Size:	628 Bytes
ID:	1499956

Views:	157
ID:	1499958
                              ---
                              John
                              Attached Files

Comment

I think UI improvements will continue. My plan is move on to some bigger features (like Dashboards) but I intend on posting updates regularly with smaller changes. For example, I will be working on compressing the device list view and event editor so its more compact for the desktop.

rjh
                                I know the 4.2 version will focus on the UIX. Do you have a deadline when the UIX improvements should be finished as I tend to only report 3 items each release.

---
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X