X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Beta 4.2.13.0 coming soon

4.2.12.8 (4.2.13.0 Beta) has been posted:
    HS4 Beta 4.2.12.8 is available for testing! - HomeSeer Message Board

Here is the current list of issues/features for the 4.2.13.0 release of HS4. I am posting it so you can see what is coming. Note that there is no guarantee that all of these issues will be in the next update.
    HS-1616 Linked devices list in device properties does not show all available devices
    HS-1615 Z-Wave tab is missing device name
    HS-1607 Create event action to enable or disable selected events or event groups
    HS-1598 C# scripting fix errors with the using statement, allow support for //css_ directives
    HS-1585 Add support for TLS 1.2, update email support
    HS-1573 When an event runs an other event, an option is needed to run them in order or parallel
    HS-1567 Add a spinner to pages that refresh the page
    HS-1565 If a slash or double quote is in the device filter, it cannot be removed
    HS-1525 Add Buttons to All Camera Page
    HS-1441 When clicking on a device name in grid view, the status in the pop up does not update
    HS-1433 When setting Hide From Views on a root device, all the features are also hidden
    HS-1432 Searching for tags does not work as expected
    HS-1380 Add a "Time Frame" condition to HS4 events.
    HS-1345 Apostrophes in phrases break the speak event action on Pi hubs
    HS-1315 System keeps logging message "unable to perform cloud backup as subscripting information is not available"
    HS-1230 Unable to download backups when connecting via MyHS
    HS-401 Modify the events page to not refresh the entire page on edits
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Here is the current list of issues/features for the next release of HS4. I am posting it so you can see what is coming. Note that there is no guarantee that all of these issues will be in the next update.
    HS-1616 Linked devices list in device properties does not show all available devices
    HS-1615 Z-Wave tab is missing device name
    HS-1607 Create event action to enable or disable selected events or event groups
    HS-1598 C# scripting fix errors with the using statement, allow support for //css_ directives
    HS-1585 Add support for TLS 1.2, update email support
    HS-1573 When an event runs an other event, an option is needed to run them in order or parallel
    HS-1567 Add a spinner to pages that refresh the page
    HS-1565 If a slash or double quote is in the device filter, it cannot be removed
    HS-1525 Add Buttons to All Camera Page
    HS-1441 When clicking on a device name in grid view, the status in the pop up does not update
    HS-1433 When setting Hide From Views on a root device, all the features are also hidden
    HS-1432 Searching for tags does not work as expected
    HS-1380 Add a "Time Frame" condition to HS4 events.
    HS-1345 Apostrophes in phrases break the speak event action on Pi hubs
    HS-1315 System keeps logging message "unable to perform cloud backup as subscripting information is not available"
    HS-1230 Unable to download backups when connecting via MyHS
    HS-401 Modify the events page to not refresh the entire page on edits
    Great to see all these improvements.

---
    John

Comment

oh wow - good stuff... HS-401 and HS-1380
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Are we getting close to a beta? Can't wait to see all those fixes/improvements!
        stefxx

Comment

I don't quite care too much about those updates but

a) I am sure many people will like HS-401
          b) I very much appreciate all those advanced announcements, etc.

I feel like communication from HS regarding updates, etc. has significantly improved... both from you rjh and Rupp​​​​​​​ who didn't get much love lately...

Comment

Just a guess, but I would imagine HS support has become flooded with Insteon refugees, which might slow down HS4 Beta progress for a few days.

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post
              Just a guess, but I would imagine HS support has become flooded with Insteon refugees, which might slow down HS4 Beta progress for a few days.

--Barry
              I feel for those Insteon users being shut out without warning as they were. It's a win for HS though as new users (and sales) can only help keep the company strong and that benefits all of us. I only hope that us HS4 users don't have to take a back seat while that happens. We've been waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

I feel for those Insteon users being shut out without warning as they were. It's a win for HS though as new users (and sales) can only help keep the company strong and that benefits all of us. I only hope that us HS4 users don't have to take a back seat while that happens. We've been waiting...
                Agreed. It good the Insteon users have a place to land and I'm glad it's HS. Hopefully things will settle down for them soon and the forum here will look more like a HS forum and not a Insteon forum!

Comment

The Insteon users have not affected development. I have been busy with the HSTouch refresh and posted a test build for the HSTouch users. I should have a beta of 4.2.13.0 early next week. Note that we had to do a quick release (4.2.12.0) with some minor fixes for new users so the next "real" update for HS4 will be 4.2.13.0.

--Barry

Comment

Rich,
                    How about the bulk edit not working on disabling voice controls? Can you squeeze this one in?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      Rich,
                      How about the bulk edit not working on disabling voice controls? Can you squeeze this one in?
                      It's not just broke for bulk edit of voice control. Try all the other settings. I logged a ticket for one or two of them. Hopefully, there is a central cause that's affecting all of the bulk edits and can easily be slipped into the next version. Great work going on, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                        Rich,
                        Real-time device updates also do not occur with bulk edit enabled. In other words, you have to refresh the page to see if any device status has changed. I'm not sure if that's by design or not. Sometimes it's a hinderance.

--Barry

Comment

Yes, we will get the bulk edit fixed.

Originally posted by avpman View Post

It's not just broke for bulk edit of voice control. Try all the other settings. I logged a ticket for one or two of them. Hopefully, there is a central cause that's affecting all of the bulk edits and can easily be slipped into the next version. Great work going on, guys!

Comment

We turn it off because if the screen updates it messes up the checked selections. Some work will need to be done so the selections don't get changed during an update.

Not sure why you need the latest status on devices if you are doing bulk edit? I don't believe any of the editing is dependent on the device status.

Real-time device updates also do not occur with bulk edit enabled. In other words, you have to refresh the page to see if any device status has changed. I'm not sure if that's by design or not. Sometimes it's a hinderance.

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              We turn it off because if the screen updates it messes up the checked selections. Some work will need to be done so the selections don't get changed during an update.

Not sure why you need the latest status on devices if you are doing bulk edit? I don't believe any of the editing is dependent on the device status.
                              You're right, I don't need to know the latest status while I'm actually doing the bulk edit actions. Unfortunately the old man in me forgets to turn bulk edit feature off when I'm done and then I'm wondering why a device status didn't update when I know that it should have.

I wouldn't spend any time on fixing it considering it's only a minor inconvenience. It's just one of those annoying things that makes me feel like an idiot each time it happens.

--Barry

Comment

Working...
                              X