Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 4.2.13.6 Beta is available for testing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pickles871 View Post
    Hi guys, I have updated to the latest Beta and all seems to be working fine except the saving of the list order for the legacy 'deviceutility', is still not saving. I am trying to migrate to the new HS4 device list but on many devices the main feature shows up and cannot be hidden without hiding all the features. I thought that had been fixed or am I mistaken. What is the solution to picking a list of only the features that I want but hiding the main feature if not required. Also in the legacy HS3 listing it is possible to have two features appearing in different places by ascribing different location, descriptions etc. In the HS4 listing they all appear under one device only or am I looking at this the wrong way? Cheers. Peter
    What do you mean by list order? If I sort by clicking the 'status' or 'floor' or room 'heading' etc, it remembers that view order the next time you call the deviceutility page? (still on 4.2.13.0).

For 'main feature', do you mean hiding the Root/parent device?

Jon

Comment

Hi Jon
      It's the legacy 'deviceutility' device list that records a log error indicating that the chosen sort hasn't stored and indeed when I refresh the page it hasn't saved. With regard to the HS4 device list, yes you are correct that I mean that I can't hide the root/parent device without hiding the child as well. I also can't see how to make two child devices under a single root appear under two different rooms for example. They will both appear both together in the root room.

For the moment the 'deviceutility' page is giving me much more flexibility and customisation.

Cheers

Peter

Comment

Is it possible that the listing sort issue is a corruption of my system? How can I do a clean restore without starting from scratch?

Comment

Is it possible that the listing sort issue is a corruption of my system? How can I do a clean restore without starting from scratch?
          I'm not on this version as its buggy but on 4.2.13 it is sorting fine on both Windows and Linux.

Have you tried deleting the Config/UserSort.bin file and restarting HS4?
          Jon

Comment

Wow, that worked!!! Many thanks. Just need to find out how to hide the root devices (but not associated child devices) from the current device listing page

Comment

Hi Rich, with this beta version 4.2.13.6 the log is flooded with script debug messages.

Can this be turned off?

Regards,
              Hans

Example:

14-Jul-22 16:46:18
              HomeSeer
              Script Debug
              Done Calling StatusChangeCB on script: Jon00HSTileStatus.vben
              HomeSeer
              Script Debug
              Calling StatusChangeCB on script: Jon00HSTileStatus.vben
              14-Jul-22 16:46:17
              HomeSeer
              Script Debug
              HomeSeer
              Script Debug

Comment

Originally posted by HansSchouten View Post
                Hi Rich, with this beta version 4.2.13.6 the log is flooded with script debug messages.

Can this be turned off?

Regards,
                Hans

Example:

HomeSeer
                Script Debug
                HomeSeer
                Script Debug
                HomeSeer
                Script Debug
                HomeSeer
                Script Debug
                ditto here

Comment

It's been reported that the debug for scripts was accidently hard coded in 4.2.13.6 and you need to roll back to 4.2.13.0 to get rid of the errors until HS fixes it.

Comment

I too had to roll back to 4.2.13.0 due to the endless stream of tile debug messages.

I was getting 1 per second which made it impossible for me to use the log at all.

I am really looking forward to this being fixed so I can enjoy the new beta.

Comment

Wow, that worked!!! Many thanks. Just need to find out how to hide the root devices (but not associated child devices) from the current device listing page
                      Sorted how to hide root device (in settings)

Comment

The scripting log messages have been removed. I don't see any issue stopping this from being the next release 4.2.14.0. Am I missing anything?
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          The scripting log messages have been removed. I don't see any issue stopping this from being the next release 4.2.14.0. Am I missing anything?
                          For me no critical bugs. Will add the reported bug to my list and share the list in the future again.

---
                          John

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            Besides the script debug issue I haven't seen anything critical.

Comment

Running good for 4 days now.
                              No issues at all.

Comment

Same. Running since you released it, no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X