Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 4.2.16.7 is ready for Beta testing!

This BETA is now closed and has been released as 4.1.17.0

HS4 4.2.16.7 is ready for testing. See the release notes for all the changes. If there are no issues, this will be a 4.2.17.0 release.

All Changes: Release Notes

This build includes some changes to the plugin SDK. Some plugins may have a problem with saving the settings. Please test your plugins and see if you are seeing this issue. If so, first check if there is an update available for the plugin you are testing. If no update is available, please post the issue to this forum so we can evaluate.

Installing:

Before installing any Beta it is a good idea to back up your system! Run the backup from the tools menu. On Windows you can simply copy the HS4 folder to another folder. Just copy it back if needed.

* You can install this Beta from within HS4, just go to the General page in Setup (Windows or Linux)

See the release notes for download links.

Reverting to a previous version on Windows:

Uninstall HS4 (it will not remove any config files, plugins, etc.). Then install your previous version and install into the same folder as your previous install.

Reverting to a previous version on Linux:

On the PI-HUB/ZEE S2/SEL or your own Linux install. You can simply re-install the release version from setup.​
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

The Windows link in release notes points to 4.2.16.0. Change it to 4.2.16.7 and it will be the new version.

https://homeseer.com/updates4/SetupHS4_4_2_16_7.msi
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks, links fixed, forgot to hit the update button.

Originally posted by randy View Post
      The Windows link in release notes points to 4.2.16.0. Change it to 4.2.16.7 and it will be the new version.

https://homeseer.com/updates4/SetupHS4_4_2_16_7.msi

Comment

The beta is installed and working properly.

I set up a test for security offset that will run daily. I'll confirm those results in a few days. The test Event did apply an offset. We'll see if it changes daily. The set trigger time is 3:00PM. It will trigger in 30 minutes and every day.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture1.png Views:	0 Size:	17.7 KB ID:	1587615

I also set up a test for executing Events in order. This test seems to confirm it is fixed. These log entries show that the Events are now processed in order. At 2:20PM I reversed the order within the calling Event.. For 6 minutes the order was 1,2,3,4 then at 2:20 I changed it to 4,3,2,1. These log entries confirm (the newest at the top).

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	0 Size:	153.5 KB ID:	1587611

Comment

Thanks for confirming! Do you have many HS4 plugins installed? If so, can you go to the settings page, make a change, and click save. See if it saves ok. We want to see if any existing plugins have an issue with this. Alex (AK plugins) already is aware of the issue so you don't need to test those.

I set up a test for security offset that will run daily. I'll confirm those results in a few days. The test Event did apply an offset. We'll see if it changes daily. The set trigger time is 3:00PM. It will trigger in 30 minutes and every day.

Click image for larger version Name:	capture1.png Views:	0 Size:	17.7 KB ID:	1587615

I also set up a test for executing Events in order. This test seems to confirm it is fixed. These log entries show that the Events are now processed in order. At 2:20PM I reversed the order within the calling Event.. For 6 minutes the order was 1,2,3,4 then at 2:20 I changed it to 4,3,2,1. These log entries confirm (the newest at the top).

Click image for larger version Name:	capture.png Views:	0 Size:	153.5 KB ID:	1587611

Comment

randy, does your test demo involve Wait statements in between the called Events? IIRC, Waits were not previously honored?

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

randy, does your test demo involve Wait statements in between the called Events? IIRC, Waits were not previously honored?
              It does not, but I will change it now.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                Thanks for confirming! Do you have many HS4 plugins installed? If so, can you go to the settings page, make a change, and click save. See if it saves ok. We want to see if any existing plugins have an issue with this. Alex (AK plugins) already is aware of the issue so you don't need to test those.

I tested Blade's BLRadar (HS4) and saves were fine. I also tested Greig's Arduino (HS4) and it saved properly as well.

Comment

I never heard about waits not being honored, but that Wait Actions was a way to make sure they were in order. I added a 10 second Wait between each action at 3:10. The Wait is honored and the Events run in order. The test is still ordered 4,3,2,1.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	0 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	1587641

Comment

You're a home automation saint, thank you for testing randy. I got a few Events that I've been meaning to overhaul now that Events in Order is finally working.

Now if we could just get conditional logic.... <grin>

Comment

Now if we could just get conditional logic.... <grin>
                      There you go!

Just kidding. I am anxious as well.

Comment

There you go!

Just kidding. I am anxious as well.
                        Yeah... I know... that dead horse has been beaten so much he finally got up and walked away...

Comment

My test Event has now run 150 times without a single out of order Event. This is fixed.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	capture1.png Views:	0 Size:	17.7 KB ID:	1587615
                            The first Security Offset went off at 3:17PM today. I'll report as it runs for several days.

1/19/2023 3:17:00 PM HomeSeer Event Event Trigger "HomeSeer Demo securityOffset"

Comment

No problems upgrading so far. My Events page is still really really slow, which I was hoping would be fixed in the next version. Will there be a fix for this at some point? (I believe it's related to the v4 ZWave plugin as well?)

Comment

Working...
                              X