HS4 4.2.16.7 is ready for Beta testing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by windracer View Post
    No problems upgrading so far. My Events page is still really really slow, which I was hoping would be fixed in the next version. Will there be a fix for this at some point? (I believe it's related to the v4 ZWave plugin as well?)
    It might be something unique to your system. I have 1650 Events. HS is running on a low power Xeon E2176 server. The events page loads in just over 2 seconds with the V3 Z-Wave plugin and the same with the V4 version.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

rjh I read the changelog but did not see the event bug that corrupted conditions - which you fixed in a test version for me. Just want to make sure that was fixed in this beta?

After moving from 16.2 (build you gave me) to this Beta I get the attached log messages

Speaker client is not and never has been on. I do not see any speaker process running and the box is not checked in Setup.​

Attached Files

Comment

I must be missing something around Run Events In Order, Randy, because my tests show different results.

I've installed the Beta and all's well, but "Run Events In Order" still doesn't force events to run in order.

So, if I have a 10 sec Wait between each "Run Another Event" action that triggers a test event then the wait is honoured, no problem.

But if I have a 10sec wait inside each of the test events then they all fire at the same time, even with "Run Events In Order" ticked on each test event. It does not wait for the first test event to complete before triggering the second test event.

If setting the "Run Events In Order" option doesn't delay the following actions until the event completes then what is the purpose of the option?

I'm sorry if I've misunderstood, but would really appreciate some clarity on this.

Originally posted by randy View Post
        I added a 10 second Wait between each action at 3:10. The Wait is honoured and the Events run in order. The test is still ordered 4,3,2,1.

Click image for larger version Name:	capture.png Views:	0 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	1587641

Comment

Originally posted by Walnut2000 View Post
          I must be missing something around Run Events In Order, Randy, because my tests show different results.

I've installed the Beta and all's well, but "Run Events In Order" still doesn't force events to run in order.

So, if I have a 10 sec Wait between each "Run Another Event" action that triggers a test event then the wait is honoured, no problem.

But if I have a 10sec wait inside each of the test events then they all fire at the same time, even with "Run Events In Order" ticked on each test event. It does not wait for the first test event to complete before triggering the second test event.

If setting the "Run Events In Order" option doesn't delay the following actions until the event completes then what is the purpose of the option?

I'm sorry if I've misunderstood, but would really appreciate some clarity on this.

The fix was just to have the Events run in the order of the Actions in the calling Event. This was not working and is working now. There were no plans as far as I know to hold executions of actions until each Event has completed. It was only to make sure the called Events were launched in the order they are called, it was not to look at when the called Events complete. That would be difficult to implement and even if it could be implemented, the results could be problematic. Having the remaining Actions held up due to a wait in a called Event seems like a bad idea.

Out of curiosity, what use would there be for a wait within a called Event?

Comment

The fix was just to have the Events run in the order of the Actions in the calling Event. This was not working and is working now. There were no plans as far as I know to hold executions of actions until each Event has completed. It was only to make sure the called Events were launched in the order they are called, it was not to look at when the called Events complete. That would be difficult to implement and even if it could be implemented, the results could be problematic. Having the remaining Actions held up due to a wait in a called Event seems like a bad idea.

Out of curiosity, what use would there be for a wait within a called Event?
            I have a sub-event that triggers a poll on door and window sensors, and locks to determine their current status, and then build a virtual device string based on the results (the string value is then spoken by Alexa). Depending on the status and how many devices are involved in the operation, Waits have to be inserted to avoid race conditions, so they absolutely have to be honored during Run sub-event execution. If the wait is not honored in the sub-event then the next event in the main event gets executed too soon with erroneous results. Now, could I bring the wait up one level to the main event, yes, but then every main event that calls that sub-event I have to remember to insert Waits.

Of course all this could be avoided if we had conditional logic capabilities in the main event.

Comment

"The settings page on some plugins may not function when attempting to save a setting"
              Does this mean you will fix HS4 without the dev having to do any recoding of their plugin? The reason I'm asking is I depend on a few plugins where the author has gone bye-bye.

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              HS4 4.2.16.7 is ready for testing. See the release notes for all the changes. If there are no issues, this will be a 4.2.17.0 release.

All Changes: Release Notes

This build includes some changes to the plugin SDK. Some plugins may have a problem with saving the settings. Please test your plugins and see if you are seeing this issue. If so, first check if there is an update available for the plugin you are testing. If no update is available, please post the issue to this forum so we can evaluate.

Installing:

Before installing any Beta it is a good idea to back up your system! Run the backup from the tools menu. On Windows you can simply copy the HS4 folder to another folder. Just copy it back if needed.

* You can install this Beta from within HS4, just go to the General page in Setup (Windows or Linux)

See the release notes for download links.

Reverting to a previous version on Windows:

Uninstall HS4 (it will not remove any config files, plugins, etc.). Then install your previous version and install into the same folder as your previous install.

Reverting to a previous version on Linux:

On the PI-HUB/ZEE S2/SEL or your own Linux install. You can simply re-install the release version from setup.​

Comment

Then I guess we need to ask if there can be an option "Wait for Event to complete prior to running the next Action" on each "Run another Event" Action. All that the HST team addressed was to "Run Events in Order", which they now do.

Not that it relates to your situation... I just check every door, window and lock with a single script, populating a number of virtual devices. These devices are used for occupancy, house to sleep and announcements throughout the day. The script is run manually and/or launched when any door, window or lock changes state, so these devices are updated real time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.png
Views:	411
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1588104

Comment

Then I guess we need to ask if there can be an option "Wait for Event to complete prior to running the next Action" on each "Run another Event" Action. All that the HST team addressed was to "Run Events in Order", which they now do.

Not that it relates to your situation... I just check every door, window and lock with a single script, populating a number of virtual devices. These devices are used for occupancy, house to sleep and announcements throughout the day. The script is run manually and/or launched when any door, window or lock changes state, so these devices are updated real time.

I appreciate the suggestion, since there's always more than one way to solve a problem. What I developed does it on demand, hence the execution timing is more critical. I can see the advantage of your method, in that, the status is updated before the need-to-know, hence the indicators are stable at time of evaluation execution.

Some things for me to ponder, I'm not married to any overall method yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

I appreciate the suggestion, since there's always more than one way to solve a problem. What I developed does it on demand, hence the execution timing is more critical. I can see the advantage of your method, in that, the status is updated before the need-to-know, hence the indicators are stable at time of evaluation execution.

Some things for me to ponder, I'm not married to any overall method yet.
                    TC1 and randy
                    I do what Randy does. I love being able to see the status of any lights, windows, doors, locks, etc at a moments notice. I published a script that does it since IMO 'composite' devices (device groups) is an essential missing part of HS... I've been begging spud to extend the ET Group functionality to do what the script does. No luck yet.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...in-one-vdevice

Comment

Hi Randy, that looks verry nice, do you want to share your script and how a virtual device is build up?
                      Thanks Paul

Comment

I am not able to get the beta to install.
                        I clicked the install button and my laptop shuts down/restarts as it should but when HS starts, it's still the release 4.2.16.0 version.
                        Dan-O
                        HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Went to latest beta and suddenly not able to control via ASCII. Been running home assistant with the marthoc plugin for years. Not seeing anything at all in the HS logs, HA throws this error..
                          Error opening connection to HomeSeer ASCII at 192.168.1.50:11000: [Errno 110] Connect call failed

Comment

Yes, the fix I gave you is in there, I see that it was in the wrong status along with 2 other issues. I have updated the release notes.

It looks like you are using the ChromeCast plugin? That plugin acts as a speaker client.

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                            rjh I read the changelog but did not see the event bug that corrupted conditions - which you fixed in a test version for me. Just want to make sure that was fixed in this beta?

After moving from 16.2 (build you gave me) to this Beta I get the attached log messages

Speaker client is not and never has been on. I do not see any speaker process running and the box is not checked in Setup.​
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

We are evaluating first. Most plugins are not using the call in question so it may not be an issue. We are running all the plugins here so we will know for sure. Our intention is to not break user's systems. Also, this issue is with HS4 plugins only.

Originally posted by avpman View Post
                              "The settings page on some plugins may not function when attempting to save a setting"
                              Does this mean you will fix HS4 without the dev having to do any recoding of their plugin? The reason I'm asking is I depend on a few plugins where the author has gone bye-bye.

Comment

Try uninstalling HS4 then install again. Maybe the installer DB is confused. Just make sure you click "NO" when it asks if you want to remove all settings. That will delete everything.

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
                                I am not able to get the beta to install.
                                I clicked the install button and my laptop shuts down/restarts as it should but when HS starts, it's still the release 4.2.16.0 version.

Comment

Working...
                                X