This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 4.2.17.3 is ready for Beta testing!

HS4 4.2.17.3 is ready for testing. See the release notes for all the changes. If there are no issues, this will be a 4.2.18.0 release.

PLEASE READ THE RELEASE NOTES BEFORE INSTALLING THIS BUILD!

All Changes: Release Notes

When updating to this build the saved format of the events has changed. If you go back to a previous build of HS4 you will lose all of your event actions. Starting with this build your configuration is backed up automatically when you update to a new version of HS4. You can use this back up if you downgrade your installation. As always, do a full back up of your system just to be safe! You can backup from the tools menu in HS4. See the release notes for more details.

Installing:

Before installing any Beta it is a good idea to back up your system! Run the backup from the tools menu. On Windows you can simply copy the HS4 folder to another folder. Just copy it back if needed.

* You can install this Beta from within HS4, just go to the General page in Setup (Windows or Linux)

See the release notes for download links and instructions on how to revert to a previous version of HS4 if needed.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

rjh
    My first requests, I will continue testing functionality.
    1. Please align the up-and down arrow on the event page with the device feature page;
    2. Please align the size of the edit icon on the event page with the device feature page;
    3. Please add a tooltip to the edit symbol on the device feature page;
    4. Please add a tooltip to the up arrow on the device feature page to be aligned with the event page;
    5. Please add a tooltip to the down arrow on the device feature page to be aligned with the event page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	787
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1591716
    ---
    John​

Comment

4.2.17.2 installed this morning. Looking very good. Played with conditional Actions. Took an Event consisting of 6 more called Events and consolidated to a single Event. It works as it should, the addition of Conditions before Actions was clear and made sense. I’ll be working in more Events this afternoon. I believe I will reduce my event count by more than 100, dropping me from 1650 to about 1550.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I encountered a problem. When using an Easy Trigger Condition attached to an Action, the device name doesn't stick. If I select a Device from the drop list, the device name is not kept when the drop list closes. It still says (Select A Device). This is true of ANY device. Easy Trigger Conditions at the top still work.

Name:	capture.png
Views:	795
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	1591750

Comment

Shouldn't the coloring on randy's AND IF abovebe pink, matching the image posted in post 203 of the feedback thread? Image copied below is from that post. The OR WHEN is the same color as the WHEN. I would expect these to be consistent.

Views:	767
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1591754
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
          Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
            I encountered a problem. When using an Easy Trigger Condition attached to an Action, the device name doesn't stick. If I select a Device from the drop list, the device name is not kept when the drop list closes. It still says (Select A Device). This is true of ANY device. Easy Trigger Conditions at the top still work.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	0 Size:	75.3 KB ID:	1591750
            I cannot reproduce this and I have tested it extensively with some EasyTrigger trigger/conditions and actions.
            Could you try to make sure that a cached js file is not used by forcing a full refresh of the page (shift + F5)

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
              Shouldn't the coloring on randy's AND IF abovebe pink, matching the image posted in post 203 of the feedback thread? Image copied below is from that post. The OR WHEN is the same color as the WHEN. I would expect these to be consistent.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	120.2 KB ID:	1591754
              No, the colors are there to differentiate between triggers (red), conditions (blue), and actions (green)
              AND IF is a condition
              OR WHEN is a trigger

Comment

Search function (upper right) is not working on my installation on Windows 10.
                "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

No, the colors are there to differentiate between triggers (red), conditions (blue), and actions (green)
                  AND IF is a condition
                  OR WHEN is a trigger
                  So should that be AND WHEN? I am reading that specific AND IF to apply to the initial WHEN Trigger. To me an AND IF should come after an associated IF, so it should not be available at that level. Also, shouldn't a Trigger be after a THEN? In all the examples I recall, Triggers followed the initial THEN. My apologies if I am confused, but it I am, then the color code alone is not enough as shown in his image (copied below)

Views:	780
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	1591781
                  Karl S
                  HS4Pro on Windows 10
                  1070 Devices
                  56 Z-Wave Nodes
                  104 Events

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

I cannot reproduce this and I have tested it extensively with some EasyTrigger trigger/conditions and actions.
                    Could you try to make sure that a cached js file is not used by forcing a full refresh of the page (shift + F5)
                    Here it does it with Chrome, Firefox and Edge, all three had their cache cleared. Also on Safari on an iPhone same result. This video shows this and another nagging problem with how a device list scrolls on any iOS device. The video is unedited and about 1 minute long.

Video

Date/time=2/10/2023 12:10:59 PM Mountain Standard Time
                    Version=HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.17.2 (Windows)
                    License=Registered
                    Confguration File=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\1045Home.json
                    In Virtual Machine=No MFG: supermicro
                    Antivirus=Windows Defender
                    OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                    OS Version=10.0.19044
                    Uptime=0 Days 3 Hours 27 Minutes 42 Seconds
                    Lan IP=192.168.X.XX (HA1)
                    Device Count=4762
                    Event Count=1628
                    Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10 at 3.44 GHz
                    Modules/Threads=154 Modules, 268 Threads
                    Available Threads=1023
                    System Load=220 Processes, 11% Load
                    Free/Total Memory=24.65 GBytes / 31.90 GBytes (77% free)
                    Free/Total Virtual Memory=28.94 GBytes / 36.65 GBytes (79% free)
                    HomeSeer Memory Used=471 Mbytes
                    Plugin Memory Used=35 EXE Plug-Ins using 2 Gbytes
                    Plugins Installed=AK Bond 4.0.5.1,AK Google Calendar 3.0.0.45,AK Weather 4.0.5.18,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Arduino 4.0.2.19,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLRadar 4.0.34.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,BLStat 2.0.87.0,Device History 4.4.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,EnvisaLink 3.0.0.42,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HS MyQ 4.0.9.0,HS4 Internals 4.0.1.0,HSBuddy 4.37.118.1,Hyperion 3.0.0.9,Hyperion 3.0.0.9,ImperiHome 3.0.0.40,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,LG ThinQ 4.0.24.0,mcsMQTT 6.0.5.0,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.6,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.2,Sonos4 4.0.1.21,Ultra1Wire3 3.0.7364.22993,UltraECM3 3.0.6678.32449,UltraLog3 3.0.6644.26753,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Z-Wave 4.1.0.3,Z-Wave Parameters 4.0.55.0​

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
                      Search function (upper right) is not working on my installation on Windows 10.
                      I can see that, I'm working on it. Thanks for reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post

So should that be AND WHEN? I am reading that specific AND IF to apply to the initial WHEN Trigger. To me an AND IF should come after an associated IF, so it should not be available at that level. Also, shouldn't a Trigger be after a THEN? In all the examples I recall, Triggers followed the initial THEN. My apologies if I am confused, but it I am, then the color code alone is not enough as shown in his image (copied below)
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	75.3 KB ID:	1591781
                        As before you can have an AND IF (Condition) after any trigger. If you click on AND IF you can change it to OR IF for an additional Triger. It is WHEN xxxx AND IF xxxxx for grouping Conditions for Triggers. It can also be OR WHEN xxxx AND IF xxxx for an additional Trigger group in the same Event. It is followed by Actions which also can have IF (Condition) or AND IF (additional Conditions) attached. Some may posit that it might look better for IF and AND IF to be used for the primary Conditions (attached to a Trigger) as well, though WHEN it is 12:00 PM AND IF the door is open reads more correctly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture1.png Views:	0 Size:	60.2 KB ID:	1591791

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture2.png Views:	0 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	1591792

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture3.png Views:	0 Size:	59.9 KB ID:	1591793

Comment

Having multiple Event pages open at once, PRICELESS! Can keep one open for reference and work on another without any problems. This screenshot is from one 3840 x 1600 monitor (I have a pair).

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	4 Size:	223.1 KB ID:	1591800

Both monitors give me a great workspace.

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture4.png Views:	0 Size:	231.9 KB ID:	1591802

Comment

That top AND IF should either just be AND or IF. Making it read WHEN x AND y or WHEN x IF y and should be a color other than blue since it applies to the Conditionals Section. Lavender perhaps? Then blue Conditions would apply to the THEN sections as Conditions of that Section running. I just see the groupings as being difficult to follow when the same color is applied to 2 scenarios and conflicting wording is used: WHEN vs IF. A fourth color would help visually. Of course, that would also suggest using a different Name for the Conditions under the THEN statements in any documentation.

I know nested ORs was discussed and are currently to be treated as needing a new Condition
                            • WHEN x
                              • AND y
                            • OR WHEN x
                              • AND z

Based on newer images from randy it appears the AND is part of the initial Trigger. For Readability
                            • WHEN x
                              • AND y
                              • AND z
                            • OR WHEN a
                              • AND b
                            • THEN
                            When there is an OR WHEN added it is a little easier to read, but when there is not, the short distance between 2 blue lines separated by a THEN causes the blues to want to group together.

If I am struggling with reading this, I would expect new users to as well. My eye wants blue items to be consistent with what they apply to, which is either the WHEN or the THEN. Maybe if I were colorblind I would view it differently.
                            Karl S
                            HS4Pro on Windows 10
                            1070 Devices
                            56 Z-Wave Nodes
                            104 Events

Comment

No action are run here. This is called by a json call.

I have many of these. I guess this not evaluating anything like before, so my usecase doesn’t apply here.

That said, a json call is the same as a trigger… conditions SHOULD be evaluated when an event is manually triggered.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X