4.2.17.2 with zwave 4.0.3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.2.17.2 with zwave 4.0.3.0

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 10.25.08 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	11.4 KB ID:	1592937EDIT:

I uninstalled HomeSeer entirely and reinstalled 17.0. This has restored most functions, however; all events are deprecated and have to be manually rebuilt. No small task. That was my last Beta.....

I recently upgraded my system with the newer zwave plugin as well as HS 17.2 beta. I'm seeing several problems with my z-wave network which I am working through on an item by item basis. The most annoying problem I am experiencing is with what I assume is related to 4.2.17.2 itself. Whenever a specific device is clicked on from the device page I am taken to that devices page with Feature, Status/Graphics, and Zwave headings at the top. The page will not load further and is presenting a spinning circle as if it is thinking about it, but no further page content is ever loaded. This makes it impossible to do something as simple as re-name a device. Anyone else seeing this? Is there a workaround? Many thanks in advance-

Also editing any event now yields the below page rather than anything I can actually edit. Can someone provide steps for reverting back to a working version?

Problem parsing HTML: (46,75) : error : Object `ev` is null. Cannot access member: ev.ev_group {{includefile 'bootstrap/css/page_common.css'}} {{includefile 'bootstrap/js/hs3_ajax_post.js'}} {{includefile 'header.html'}} {{includefile 'navbar.html'}}
    {{ev=event refid}} {{isgroupcond=false}} {{isgrpaction=false}}

MurrayJimW, if you made a backup prior to installing 4.2.17.2, you can restore that backup which will restore your events. The reason you are seeing the HTML errors is that you are likely running 4.2.17.0 with your (converted) 4.2.17.2 event data (which contains the added functionality of additional (THEN-level) conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by david.i.tanzer@gmail.com View Post
      MurrayJimW, if you made a backup prior to installing 4.2.17.2, you can restore that backup which will restore your events. The reason you are seeing the HTML errors is that you are likely running 4.2.17.0 with your (converted) 4.2.17.2 event data (which contains the added functionality of additional (THEN-level) conditions.
      I was running 17.2 with the aforementioned error on event pages. I have restored to 17.0 now, but that would not restore the previous events either. They were there, but all device actions were missing so for example "sunset lights" read if the time is sunset then control a device <select device> and was missing any previously entered actions.

Comment

Originally posted by MurrayJimW View Post

I was running 17.2 with the aforementioned error on event pages. I have restored to 17.0 now, but that would not restore the previous events either. They were there, but all device actions were missing so for example "sunset lights" read if the time is sunset then control a device <select device> and was missing any previously entered actions.
        Did you follow the instructions exactly to revert to a prior version?

​When you installed 4.2.17.2 a backup of the configuration is saved. All you need to do is follow the instructions Rich put in the release notes. I did this a few times, each successful. The only thing I did different was to delete the current json data folder and rename the backup removing “_before_4.2.17.2​“ from the name so I kept the original data folder name. I did this with HomeSeer shut down, with the 4.2.17.2 having been uninstalled. Then just install 4.2.17.0 and start HomeSeer. It will be exactly as it was prior to 4.2.17.2.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	243.9 KB ID:	1592991
        It takes only a few minutes to get back to a prior version. The files to do so are there.

​​​​​​Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	40.8 KB ID:	1592992
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for that - I did not follow the instructions
          I'm working on restoring the system from before any of the upgrades - we'll see..

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by MurrayJimW View Post
            Thanks for that - I did not follow the instructions
            I'm working on restoring the system from before any of the upgrades - we'll see..

Thanks again
            You can revert at any point. The json backup is all Devices, Events, Event groups, counters and timers at the time of installation of 4.2.17.2. This is all that is needed.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

randy, does your Linux install actually display the Current Version, Latest Release, and Latest Beta as you've posted? Mine shows the Current Version (as 4.2.17.2), but the Latest Release and Latest Beta show as "None," and clicking Check Update never returns.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X