Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 4.2.18.15 is ready for Beta testing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danboca View Post

Yes, I had to install the Beta twice. The first reported 4.2.18.8, the second time 4.2.18.15 .
    Just wondering if you had HS4 running as a Windows or Linux "service?" I had to stop the service and manually do the update from the downloaded tar file.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      This release includes an Event 'device reference' feature that allows users to filter the event list by a specific device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	534
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1616405
      Thank you for this. Great help.
      Don

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Note that the event references was also added to the device properties. The root device shows event references for all features and a feature only shows references for that feature.

Rich,
        This is a great feature but can I ask why it was placed under settings for the device and not in a new events tab that only shows if it is in an event? I see future use for this to like being able to go to a device then in the event tab the choice to create an event based on that device.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Am I missing something or has device sorting missing from the devices page?
          I can no longer sort by: Room, Floor, ect.
          Dan-O
          HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

This release includes an Event 'device reference' feature that allows users to filter the event list by a specific device.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	150 Size:	86.8 KB ID:	1616405
            I assume this is some dumb user error on my part, but in the screenshot below, I have two lights in my kitchen: "Nook" and "Cooking". This is shown for the "Cooking" light/device:
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-05-27 11.34.02.png Views:	0 Size:	51.3 KB ID:	1616751
            Why are the events shown twice?

This is what I see when I search for events containing the "Cooking" device:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-05-27 11.40.07.png Views:	0 Size:	42.1 KB ID:	1616752

Comment

Nice feature, except a lot of my devices are controlled by EasyTrigger. This feature isn't picking up the events where the devices are referenced by EasyTrigger.

Comment

I have this error in the log since this beta .

Error while serializing object for database : Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

I tried to load a backup : no errors.
                But when I reinstall this beta on top of the backup the error returns.
                also no issue when returning to 4.2.18.9 by simply reinstalling it on top of my installation

Created ticket HSCS-19242

tagging you since support is not helping with betas rjh

Comment

HS4 4.2.18.15 is ready for testing. See the release notes for all the changes.
                  ​​​​

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	220 Size:	86.8 KB ID:	1616405
                  A couple of bugs/observations with this feature:
                  • If I create a new event with a device in it, the event doesn't show up in the Referencing Devices search nor on the Feature Tab of the device. It shows up after a restart of HS4. Maybe they will appear after a period of time without a restart, I haven't tried.
                  • As somebody else has pointed out, events with devices referenced in EasyTrigger Conditions and Actions don't show up in the Referencing Devices search. It would be a lot to expect events with devices referenced in EasyTrigger Groups to show up, but I would expect events with devices directly referenced in EasyTrigger to show. If this is not possible then I guess this is another request for the bulk of EasyTrigger Conditions and Actions to be incorporated into the HS4 core.
                  I'm pretty sure the first wasn't an issue in HS3.

Steve

Comment

It takes a REALLY long time to get all the devices referenced from events since we need to ask every plugin if they are referencing a device with a plugin action, condition, or trigger. If you have a large system it can take minutes. So we read all the information on system startup, cache it, then update the cache when needed. You found a situation that was missed and I can get a fix in for that.

As for Easy Trigger, I suspect that plugin is referencing devices directly and not using the actions/triggers/conditions plugin API so in that case we will not be able to include those references in our search. So yes, we should probably incorporate the Easy Trigger conditions and actions in HS or add some API so the plugin can report its references.

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

• If I create a new event with a device in it, the event doesn't show up in the Referencing Devices search nor on the Feature Tab of the device. It shows up after a restart of HS4. Maybe they will appear after a period of time without a restart, I haven't tried.
                    • As somebody else has pointed out, events with devices referenced in EasyTrigger Conditions and Actions don't show up in the Referencing Devices search. It would be a lot to expect events with devices referenced in EasyTrigger Groups to show up, but I would expect events with devices directly referenced in EasyTrigger to show. If this is not possible then I guess this is another request for the bulk of EasyTrigger Conditions and Actions to be incorporated into the HS4 core.

Steve
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

As was the case in the prior beta, there is no way to view both cameras if the Reo Duo outdoor dual camera in HSTouch.
                      Homeseer correctly shows both cameras on the camera page, but you can only see the left most camera in HSTouch.

For more details and screen shots, please see my previous post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...27#post1612827

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                      Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                      Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Thanks for pointing this out, I see that they are missing. The devices page is being loaded differently now, I will put in a fix.

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
                        Am I missing something or has device sorting missing from the devices page?
                        I can no longer sort by: Room, Floor, ect.

Comment

It was added as information, but I like your idea of being able to create an event right from the event. I will discuss this internally. The change is not difficult.

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                          Rich,
                          This is a great feature but can I ask why it was placed under settings for the device and not in a new events tab that only shows if it is in an event? I see future use for this to like being able to go to a device then in the event tab the choice to create an event based on that device.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Comment

The issue is that the device/event references were being built before the plugins were loaded. I have put in a fix for this. I need to cache the information since it can take minutes to do a search on a large system hence the references are loaded at startup and then updated as things change. I was not updating the cache when plugins were loaded.

Originally posted by andyf View Post
                            Nice feature, except a lot of my devices are controlled by EasyTrigger. This feature isn't picking up the events where the devices are referenced by EasyTrigger.

Comment

Thanks for pointing this out, I see that they are missing. The devices page is being loaded differently now, I will put in a fix.

Thanks Rich!
                              Dan-O
                              HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Thanks, I fixed these.

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X